Are You Going to Watch the Debates?

Will You Watch?

• No

• Yes, Live

• Yes, afterwards

• I will wait for Jimmy Kimmel to tell me what happened.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Biden and Bernie were grabbing at each other and touching hands awkwardly while they argued bitterly about their healthcare policies. I dig the passion.

Klobuchar was the winner of that particular exchange by swooping in afterward and spewing some koomayah radical centrist bs with a big smile. Overall she's done really well in this debate. She's very likable, moreso than Warren.

I thought Yang & Buttguy did well w the stupid gift or forgiveness question.

Biden was insufferable as usual as was Klobechar. I only caught the last 30 min or so.

Warren is starting to come off as fake and needs to dial it back a bit with her attempts to connect with people. And the selfie thing is dumb no matter how she tries to make it look cool and in-touch

Klobuchar? The party really has a vast number of the same centrist reserve, it is as if those people are all avatars of the same entity. I think in the end it will inevitably be between Bernie and Biden, and Biden is just mentally problematic so the more he speaks the less people will vote for him.

She's very likable, moreso than Warren.
This does not compute.

Klobuchar comes off as the least likeable candidate, with no competition for that position except perhaps Mayo Pete.

I thought this was by far Elizabeth Warren's best performance. I was very disappointed in her in the past debate performances, but she did really well tonight. Frankly I'd say she came off as the most likeable on that stage.

Watching clips and commentary from the debate on YouTube I found this comment that I liked:

“Wine Cave Pete is appropriate, because all he does is whine and cave.”

Tomorrow night at 9pm EST, CNN is hosting the next debate. You can stream it on cnn.com as well but you won't be able to pause or rewind past a few minutes.

Former Vice President Joe Biden and Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont will stand at center stage in Tuesday night's CNN/Des Moines Register Democratic presidential debate.
Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts will be to the left of Biden, and former South Bend, Indiana, Mayor Pete Buttigieg will be to the right of Sanders. Businessman Tom Steyer will stand next to Warren, and Sen. Amy Klobuchar of Minnesota will be next to Buttigieg.
The debate, which will air on Tuesday at 9 p.m. ET exclusively on CNN, is the final face-to-face gathering of the candidates before the February 3 Iowa caucuses

The CNN livestream is hot garbage. There's so much screen tearing that I have to look away from the screen. The audio doesn't skip, so at least I can have it on in the background while I @ everyone here

Everyone's out for Warren tonight. She's doing ok but the whole thing about 30 years was cringe worthy.

Buttigieg sounds at times like he is reading from a script. It's a big turnoff for me.

Last edited:
Tom Steyer made a good argument in favor of wealth taxes. He also pointed out that we need to stop tying school funding to the tax take of local districts because it becomes a self-fulfilling cycle of poverty. An example being East St. Louis, which is in more dire need of resources than most other districts in Illinois but gets a smaller chunk than they need because their local taxes are depressed as it's a poor city (the example is mine, not his).

fudge me, the Democratic party is an entirely useless entity. Warren was the one candidate who could have somewhat bridged the party either by winning on a happy median agenda (not very likely) or help retain the base as a Bernie or centrist endorsement or VP. Now there is no hope of that.

Warrens smear and lies about “sexist” Bernie, are you kidding me, is most likely the work of old Hillary staffers “helping” EW because Bernie is doing better. It has now riled up the Bernie base to a new level of Bernie or bust. Forget EW support. But that’s just more of what the masterminds of the corporate democrats cook up on a regular basis. While they handed Trump how many millions in donation when they impeached him on a dead in the senate bogus issue instead of real corruption (which they can’t, because they do it too) or say ordering an illegal assassination of a foreign general.

There are not many Bernie supporters that will go along with anyone but Bernie now old republican flippety flop Pocahontas whose kids sure went to public school had her what third, fourth major brain fart lie exposed. The Bernie support is a huge part of the dem base and growing. There is no way dems win without Bernie support. Hell, Sanders did 10 rallies for Hillary last time and many still shunned her uselessness.

More like the useless party, now is it. Pretty damning for America and the world considering the opposition is the arbitrary and evil party.

Warren is a trojan, then? Can't say I am surprised. Didn't she endorse Hillary in 2016? Such progressive, so president, many motivational - wow
Mostly just sat out until the last minute. She aligns more with Sanders but decided she would have more influence aliying with Clinton. Bad move from an armchair QB perspective. If Hillary had won it would've been the right choice. Hard to deny that she's second best after Sanders if you're progressive but she hasn't made the right choices to surpass Sanders or even solidify that position of second most progressive.

Warren is a trojan, then? Can't say I am surprised. Didn't she endorse Hillary in 2016? Such progressive, so president, many motivational - wow

I don’t think she was initially. But she had that damn meeting with Hillary and her team just before she flip flopped on M4A. Something happened. I don’t think Warren is a bad person. But she is clearly weak, prone to brain farts and a puppet and people deserve better.

Here is the audio of the post debate confrontation. Basically they just accuse each other of lying :popcorn:

Top Bottom