Ask an Israel-American

Oh no, civ2 appeared in this thread.

Sorry, is your MOTHER Jewish???
Anyways, nuff said...
The one who is "Jewish" after being SWISS (while AMERICAN)...
What can I tell you... :eek:

What are you than? Jewsih first and Blatic (Estonian?) second and Israeli third? or is it the other way around?

I support two states, with the refugees either returning to their old homes or moving to locations in the West Bank. Yes, I know that there is an overpopulation problem, but I'm tired right now and can't think of a better place ATM. I would be fine with giving up the settlements. 100%. Not so sure about Golan. I think that Syria could never keep a promise, especially now.

You're not serious about "returning to their old homes" bit are you? I don't know any Israeli accepting that, I even don't know many arabs thinkg that is still possible. You do know that their old homes are in Israel now, and that would end the jewish majority ?
What about Jerusalem?

Uh... Sorry? I'm not religious. My mother converted to Judaism because she wanted to marry my father and you need to get an Orthodox marriage in Israel.

momo
Sorry to disappoint you, but I have huge doubts about both you and your mother.
The very "I'm not religious" thing is the reason, not to mention "to marry my father".
That's not how true conversion works...
(True one being solely "out of love for G-d", no material bonuses included.)
Sorry again.
Not saying that you are definitely not Jewish, but not saying the other way around too.
You can't play games with G-d.

He's still an Israeli american

Why is it so sad?

Not exactly that.
More like, "don't pretend to be who you are not, or the reality will one day hit you even stronger".
Anyways, why would any of you care about it?
Wasn't a question.

She did it because she wanted to marry the man she loved, not because she wanted to pretend to be someone she's not

(I should really stop getting involved in random exchanges like these..)

Links about conversion:
Almost the situation at hand..!
Another one on the same issue.
Common denominator being exactly what I said - you can convert only if you seek G-d, not any other reasons.
These "semi-fake" or "troublesome" conversions are the real pain in the back for normal Jews...
So, warpus, she did exactly that, pretended to seek G-d, while was seeking a husband.

Sorry, momo, but the sooner you find out the real situation, the sooner you can fix it.
Good luck to you!!! :D

"Normal" jews? Who are you to determine what is normal and what is not, for Jews worldwide?

I don't and won't care what others think - I hold by the Torah view that "normal" Jews are observant Orthodox ones.
That doesn't mean that those not-yet observant are not Jews, this "definition" is more against those who think that they shouldn't be observant at all and consider THAT normal.
Since the very first Jew, there were Jews and those who held us for idiots.
But we're here, unchanged, - and how many "types" of opposition disappeared into the fog of history??? :cool:
(You know, ancient Greeks, Romans, not to mention all the neighbors of Israel... All were there - and where are they now???)

No, you aren't "Unchanged", no race or group is "Unchanged".

Since the very first Jew, there were Jews and those who held us for idiots.
But we're here, unchanged, - and how many "types" of opposition disappeared into the fog of history??? :cool:
(You know, ancient Greeks, Romans, not to mention all the neighbors of Israel... All were there - and where are they now???)

The Greeks are still around as far as I know. Persians too. Italians usually identify themselves with Romans don't they. The Egyptians are also there. The only ones really gone are Babylonia, Assyria and some others.

Top Bottom