• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Ask an Israeli

Natan35

Mayor of St. Natansburg
Hey.
If anyone has questions regarding Israel or Israelies, post them here, and i promise to answer them
(Dont be shy ;))

Moderator Action: Upgraded this thread to an RD thread.

What are some popular television shows in Israel?

Which is better, Star Trek or Star Wars?

Is there a 'right' way to make latkes? When I was at a Jewish restaurant in Minnesota the latkes were relatively thin, maybe 1/3 inch thick. When I was at a Jewish restaurant in Poland, the latkes were much thicker, up to an inch thick.

What are the best toppings for a pastrami sandwich? (I'm partial to fried egg and bird sauce.)

How does it feel that so many people around the world are incredibly anti-semitic and thus hold Israel up to impossible standards?

How does it feel to be one of the Chosen living in the Land of Milk and Honey?

1) Where did your family come from?
2) What was happening to your family during the war?
3) What do you think about the expulsion of Arabs during the 1948 war?
4) What do you think about illegal israeli settlements in the occupied West Bank?
5) Which political party do you support?
6) What do you think about 47 year old occupation of West Bank?
7) Did you visit Egypt or Jordan? Do many Israelis do?
8) Tell me about Ashdod - what are the sights, etc.
9) I've read about young generation of Israelis actually knowing suprisingly little about Holocaust, like 25% or so believing these were Poles - not Germans - who were killing them etc... how is it possible?
10) Is there still a friction between Jews from different parts of the world?
11) What is your opinion about Ovadia Yosef?
12) How does Jewish Israelis explain to themselves the discrimination of Arab Israelis? For examples, that no new settlements were built for them, but hundreds for Jews?
13) What excuses do Israelis make before themselves to not letting people they've cleansed out back in (Palestinian refugees in Lebanon, Jordan, Syria), but letting in people with very dubious Jewish background?
14) Could you describe the teaching of history you had in Israel? Do you learn about the history of this land also in the post-Jewish Times, and I don't mean about the local Jewish community, but about Roman-Byzantine, Arab, Turkish Palestine?
15) What was written in the textbooks about expelling of Arabs in 1948?

Latke isn't Israeli food.... there are many popular shows in Israel...
I am not a fan of people trying to be like David.
It is hard to live under this threat, but you get use to it after some time...
Ummm... its hard to deal with...
I have no idea what are you talking about.
I can't answer questions that i don't understand :p
If honey is desert, and milk is snow, its great...
@squonk:
1. Former soviet union
2. The last war? We were at home, mainly.
3.they could've stayed...
4. I believe they should be destroyed (on the other hand, i think Jerusalem should be under full Israeli control)
5. Israeli political parties(especially the leftist ones) are corrupt. If i could ignore this, i would support the Israeli labor party.
6. I think it should come to an end. It will, eventually.
7.no. i don't think alot of Israelis are doing it anymore.
8. You can see the sea, alot of dunes, and some "wild" areas as well(forests, etc.)
9. You know, the term "young generation" is too extensive.
10. Im not sure i can answer that...
11. Israeli Old saying: "it was good, and good(thing) it was"
12.they don't. This is the Jewish state, remember?
13. The previous answer. This is a more complicated matter, though.
14. Regarding post Jewish times, it learned occasionally(during other lessons). I did learn about the wars for this land at the history lesson though.
15.I didn't finish school yet, beware.

No israel didnt.

What do you currently see as the realistic end-game concerning the Israeli-Palestinian problem?

Which is the better city, Tel Aviv or Jerusalem? (Choose your own criteria for 'better')

Which European countries do you perceive as being most Pro-Israel, and which one as being least?

Do you think Palestinians are of Jewish descent, given their locale? Do you think Palestinian-Israelis are supportive of Israel?

There recently was a piece in German media about young Israelis emigrating to Berlin in relatively large numbers. The background story was that Israeli rent had become ridiculously high + struggling economy + unhappiness with the political climate.

Is that a phenomena which people actually talk about in Israel? I mean not necessarily emigrants to Berlin, but in general some kind of push for emigration of Israelis for economic / political causes.

Let's say I go for a visit and can only eat one item from the local cuisine. What do you recommend for said item?

Also, tell me about your best museums.

How do you view non-Jewish Americans, Europeans and other free peoples who enlist in the IDF when Israel is under threat for ideological or humanitarian reasons?

Top Bottom