Brought to you by CFC

How's that?

Do you think your views should make you more eminently quotable? Why are you disappointed? Which of your contributions do you think should be quoted?

I have a policy of only mentioning positive quotes. This is supposed to be a light-hearted thread.

I don't have a lot of sympathy for people who get in the way of trains. - Cutlass

Me: To be fair, the Marmite we have in New Zealand is apparently completely different from the British stuff.
Borachio: You mean you can't even polish your boots with it?

Hmmm. [takes note](Remember to quote funny posts in this thread)[/takes note]

EDIT:

Borachio: "Please yourself"
taillesskangaru: "I just did"

"I don't have clear cut percentages for you but its worth mentioning that not all slavery applies as "Cruel." I'd agree that its always immoral, but some slaves were treated well. So to say slavery was inherently cruel is to undermine the meaning of the word "Cruel" and those slaves who were actually abused (Some slaves were actually happy where they were, and while that's no justification, it is a mitigating factor. This wasn't the Holocaust.)"-You Know Who

"I don't have clear cut percentages for you but its worth mentioning that not all slavery applies as "Cruel." I'd agree that its always immoral, but some slaves were treated well. So to say slavery was inherently cruel is to undermine the meaning of the word "Cruel" and those slaves who were actually abused (Some slaves were actually happy where they were, and while that's no justification, it is a mitigating factor. This wasn't the Holocaust.)"-You Know Who

Oh, oh, oh, me, me, me, I know who that is! ;)

I'm so glad that we aren't undermining the word "cruel". I mean, that's the real tragedy here.

Pure gold, when did I join Stormfront?

I don't object to the fact that you consider slavery to be an abhorrent evil in every form. So do i. But the fact remains (and not merely "occasionally" but "mostly") slaves were treated fairly well. Yes, they were enslaved. Yes, this was wrong. Yes, throw any word you want in there. It doesn't matter how well they are treated, if they are forced into the institution, it is a horiffic evil that should be overturned. That said, i'd rather live as a well-treated slave rather than living under the north korean government, let alone compared to being a jew in the holocaust.

Pure gold, when did I join Stormfront?

I don't object to being quoted but what relation on Earth does that post have to do with Stormfront?

The reason I object to being quoted generally is precisely for this reason, because its always done not for fun but for mockery when it relates to me.

Annoying:crazyeye:

If you don't want to be mocked, don't say things that lend themselves to mockery.

Top Bottom