Brought to you by CFC

Lies. Lies and slander. Aussies have no winter. It is known.

y'all Aussies are unreliable liars! It is known! :mad:

"real winters".

*takes a gander out the window at the snow storm and -4C temperatures*

Hah!

Isn't a certain aspect of forum-going, though, the fact that our age/race/location/sex/lack of sex/appearance/anything is always second fiddle to our ideas?
I think the real question is: Should our humanity be? There are people sitting on the other end. A lack of awareness of this trivial fact is somewhat "natural" on the Internet alright (I surely been there and at least partially might always be there). I don't think that it is in turn "unnatural" to refresh ones awareness though.

Oi. *points at location* Some of us have real winters.
You may have real winters. Though that's probably debatable.

But you certainly don't have them at the right time of year. It's frankly outrageous!

Just to make you more jealous - the IMO best part of a wintery Christmas is the sound dampening. Snow "binds" sound waves. It isn't just some pretty white, it literally changes the way we perceive everything around us due to the different sound of things. There also originates the song "Silent night" (well this and the fact that we are by law freed of the exploitive chains of capitalism for the day).
When I went home this weekend I got the first snowy weekend this year :D

Now, now, no need to make a carnage of this. He will jump on you as soon as he checks the thread. And with reason.

Absolutely. And there is really no way to tell age/race/location/sex/lack of sex/appearance/anything about anyone.

Even the ideas can't be attributed to any one person.

In my case, I'm myself, somebody else, many other people, everyone, and nobody, all at the same time.
Doesn't that get confusing? :(

I'm just me. Sometimes sarcastic, sometimes joking, but always as honest and true to my own ideas of right and wrong as possible. If we were to meet and talk in person, you'd get the same opinions.

"real winters".

*takes a gander out the window at the snow storm and -4C temperatures*

Hah!
Pfft! That's not winter. -4C isn't cold unless your heat has been turned off or the furnace doesn't work. Otherwise, it's (long)shirt-sleeve weather.

I wasn't saying it was just. In context I was arguing against the United States invasion against the CSA, it wasn't a pro-slavery argument.

I know the context; the post was directed to me. You negated any justification of the Civil War through claiming that slavery wasn't "cruel." There were a number of different routes you could have taken, but you chose that one.

I'm not continuing that argument due to the request of posters in that thread.

Pfft! That's not winter. -4C isn't cold unless your heat has been turned off or the furnace doesn't work. Otherwise, it's (long)shirt-sleeve weather.

Oh, I totally agree. It ain't winter 'till there are seven foot snow drifts and the temperatures casually dip to -30 throughout the day. :lol:

That would be terribly cold. We don't get that low here. I can't imagine it getting that cold.

Top Bottom