1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CiVUP - CiV Unofficial Patch

Discussion in 'Communitas Expansion Pack' started by Thalassicus, Oct 2, 2010.

1. bwoww78

bwoww78 Chieftain

you're right. having done the process last night (adding the underscore), it is really simple. if it begins to be an issue, i'd just suggest putting the directions you posted above on your website. Otherwise, v109 is bugfree for me so far---thanks again!

2. Seek

Seek Chieftain Supporter

A small request - hopefully easy and won't take too much time to implement: Add unit maintenance costs into the tooltip. This would be handy for deciding whether to upgrade or which unit to upgrade or which unit to fortify with Oligarchy during peacetime without digging around in the city production tab (or if the unit's outdated, not being able to find out at all without looking at the XMLs).

3. Thalassicus

Thalassicus Bytes and Nibblers

Unit maintenance is displayed on the tech tree, which is where I go to look things up. I'll see what I can do to put it on the world view tooltips as well. :)

4. Geppenguin

Geppenguin Chieftain

I was caught off-guard about the disabling of combat animations though.... Maybe you should put that in as a caveat to anyone downloading the mod plus instructions on how to disable it.

5. Thalassicus

Sure, I added a link in the project leading to the post. :)

6. Thalassicus

In v114.1 Beta (coming Friday), building types independently alter the culture of terrain or resources. For example, if buildings A and B each give +1:c5culture: on a resource, constructing both provides +2:c5culture: on the resource. This improves compatibility for certain mods used in conjunction with CiVUP.

7. glider1

glider1 Chieftain

Hi there
    I've been playing Civ5 for a couple of months and thanks to Thal it's been wonderful. One thing that I never realized before, is just how stressed I was getting listening to that terrible type writer thud every time you hit a button, which ends up being the most common sound effect in the game. I didn't want to turn all sound effects off altogether and so found this fix:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=383177

I know people get used to it and tolerate it, but I think that it must add to stress levels unconsciously and I suggest that people who agree with me implement the fix above or maybe Thal can include it in the unofficial patch (even reducing it's volume by 50% would be good).

Since I made that change, the game has become much more enjoyable again. Personally I think you could consider that sound effect such a bad idea that it is a form of a game bug that could do with patching. It is a bug in a way because when you turn the thud volume down in the game options, it also turns down other useful sound effects and there's nothing that can be done except to dig into the xml.

Cheers

8. Thalassicus

Thanks for bringing that up glider1, I've reduced the volume of that sound for v117.1 beta.

9. micokeman

micokeman Chieftain

Just wanted to post a finding of this mod.

I started as Bismarck (Germany) and am on a Large map with on 5 other countries.

I have just started my 3rd city. I see a little white exclamation mark in a red circle says that I am above my military limit by 15 and the production of land military units will go down by 80%.
    When I settled the 3rd city, it will take me one turn to build all military units, but 601 turns to build a granary! Is the penalty being applied to all items BUT land military units?

10. Txurce

Txurce Warlord

This could be a bug in the latest version, but I've never had that happen to me in many games as Germany.

11. micokeman

micokeman Chieftain

Hmmm, when I selected spearman and go back into the city view, all items have '???' for turn to produce. If I select the granary, numbers come back.

12. Txurce

Txurce Warlord

It sounds as if you're having the sort of issue that Thal's download-problems checklist may address. (Delete caches, earlier versions of the mod, etc.)

13. micokeman

micokeman Chieftain

Thanks. I cleared the cache and there was no other mod (not sure what else there was to do). Will I have to start a new game for the changes to take place?

14. Txurce

Txurce Warlord

There's an actual list in a sticky, I think, but the main elements are clearing the cache and ModUserData, as well as deleting earlier versions of the mod. And unfortunately, you will have to start a new game.

15. SgtCiv

SgtCiv Chieftain

Was wondering if it was possible for a Fort to improve resources the same way a Citadel does?? It is mainly the same building after all. The only difference is whether you have to build it with a worker or whether a GG builds it. Also a Fort in past versions of Civ was able to accomplish this task.

16. Minor Annoyance

Minor Annoyance Chieftain

Didn't they already do this in an official patch? I seem to remember them making GP improvements connect resources because if you places one before the resource was discovered you'd either have wasted the GP or never be able to use the resource.

17. Melhisedek

Melhisedek Chieftain

excuse me for my ignorance but is there a way to see if you are running this mod when ingame?

18. Zaldron

Zaldron Chieftain

The easiest way is to check the policy page. It will be obviously different if VEM is loaded.

19. Txurce

Txurce Warlord

And if this isn't clear enough, check to see if the "Civil Service" tech allows you to build Levies instead of Pikemen.

20. Melhisedek

Melhisedek Chieftain

Well its been a while since I played last time so I don't even remember vanilla :) But I'll check the "Civil Service"
    Thanks!