Coronavirus 3: The Resurgence

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFAIK Remdesivir does seem to help for Covid infected people needing normal hospital or ICU care. It reduces hospital time... the selling price being based on that cost saving... and I guess it will then also help with reducing more lasting damage.

But IDK whether it does more than that.... IDK whether it makes sense to give to people who just got infected. I remember nothing on that.
The newly infected Covid patients should try out Dexamethasone to fight off the inflammations. It's cheaper and doesn't have much side effects.

A bottle of Remdesivir can cost up to $4,000 in the hotspot states.

Eway ouldshay ostpay in igpay atinlay to ircumventcay aidsay oftwaresay.
We should post in pig Latin to circumvent the aid software, then someone special replied "Maybe".

Takhisis.png

Last edited:
Don't otherise me!

However the underlying point made by 'tuckerkao;' is essentially correct,
although he uses the word 'government' rather than 'country'.

The fact is there is no point in any government trying to mandate testing or the use
of PPE when that is beyond the capacity of the country to provide one way or another.

There is a lot of criticism of the UK government not rolling out testing and advocating PPE.
Yet it took a while for the scientists to develop accurate tests and for industry to
scale up production, and the government wanted to prioritise PPE for the medics.

However the underlying point made by 'tuckerkao;' is essentially correct,
although he uses the word 'government' rather than 'country'.

The fact is there is no point in any government trying to mandate testing or the use
of PPE when that is beyond the capacity of the country to provide one way or another.

There is a lot of criticism of the UK government not rolling out testing and advocating PPE.
Yet it took a while for the scientists to develop accurate tests and for industry to
scale up production, and the government wanted to prioritise PPE for the medics.

That's really orthogonal to the point.

I posted a source showing lower asymptomatic rates than claimed, and received the response that it was probably a plot to force mandatory testing.

None of what's being said supports that assertion.

I posted a source showing lower asymptomatic rates than claimed, and received the response that it was probably a plot to force mandatory testing.
Which actually lacks a logical connection.

Hey CFC! I know there are a lot of smart people posting in this thread.

Let's assume that we will get a successful vaccine.

How would you distribute?

I guess frontline healthcare workers go first. Then the immunocompromised. And so on...

Let me hear you.

Deaths per Million Population -> Italy: 581, France: 463, USA: 459

Hey CFC! I know there are a lot of smart people posting in this thread.

Let's assume that we will get a successful vaccine.

How would you distribute?

I guess frontline healthcare workers go first. Then the immunocompromised. And so on...

Let me hear you.
The health workers will definitely be vaccinated first, the senior citizens will go the next if their health conditions suitable, then all the celebrities including the political leaders.

Health care workers
Immuno-compromised
General public

In that order.

Health care workers
Immuno-compromised
General public

In that order.
General Public is a very huge group. I would say the school teachers will be vaccinated before the students.

The grocery store workers must follow the measures to keep their jobs, so they may not have the options to skip the mandatory vaccinations if being implemented.

Mandatory vaccinations are going to be a serious issue in this context. Any COVID vaccination seeing general use within a year or so would do so at a complete departure from how approval and testing goes for vaccinations in general. Forcing people to have them given the non-standard process, comparatively low death rate, and risk/uncertainty of the vaccine itself would be a massive ethical and possibly legal issue.

Last edited:
lol we don't even want to tell people to wear a mask or count the stats in the first place

By doing those, the United States has had the most total cases and total deaths compare to any other nations in the world, something shouldn't be proud of in any ways because the surge is still tremendously active.

I always check the total cases and deaths, the unassigned numbers are the hidden monsters which often have been skipped by the past-7-days-average analysis because the health officials still don't know the exact dates when those 553 Texans have died -
Coronavirus Unassigned Deaths.png

Mandatory vaccinations are going to be a serious issue in this context. Any COVID vaccination seeing general use within a year or so would do so at a complete departure from how approval and testing goes for vaccinations in general. Forcing people to have them given the non-standard process, comparatively low death rate, and risk/uncertainty of the vaccine itself would be a massive ethical and possibly legal issue.

I'm about as pro-vaccine as they come, and I don't plan on getting a SARS-CoV-2 vaccine if one becomes available at an accelerated time frame compared to past vaccines.

https://www.mdlinx.com/article/what...e-the-covid-19-vaccine/5Yqy3Q84Wt27BQktRnhGnD

"Although the investigators expected such a response, what surprised them was the number of people who said they would reject COVID-19 vaccination even though they aren’t vaccine skeptics.
Specifically, 15% of people who are at least somewhat supportive of vaccines said that they wouldn’t get the COVID-19 vaccine. Moreover, 19% of people who did not identify as anti-vaxxers said they wouldn’t get vaccinated."

I am very much pro-vaccine also. I just don't trust administration to tell the truth about the risks in this particular case, and to make no significant mistakes in what is evidently a large deviation from standard processes. That's the stuff errors are made of and the risk/benefit tradeoff is suspect for most people...in stark contrast to getting vaccinated for something like MMR or hepatitis/etc where pretty much everyone who can be vaccinated should be.

If it's specifically governments like the current one in the US I simply wouldn't trust their scientific advice.

I am very much pro-vaccine also. I just don't trust administration to tell the truth about the risks in this particular case, and to make no significant mistakes in what is evidently a large deviation from standard processes. That's the stuff errors are made of and the risk/benefit tradeoff is suspect for most people...in stark contrast to getting vaccinated for something like MMR or hepatitis/etc where pretty much everyone who can be vaccinated should be.

You can hope that a more trustworthy country is earlier with doing a big round of vaccinations and info becomes public from that country.

I am BTW not sure that one vaccination round will be enough. Perhaps we need per person two or three times a dose.
Could depend as well on the type or brand of vaccin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom