Coronavirus 3: The Resurgence

Status
Not open for further replies.
For example where I live has a population of roughly 300,000 and we have only had around 8,500 total cases and 225 deaths since this whole thing began back in February.

I live in a place only slightly bigger than that and roughly 1 in every 1000 people dying in a couple months of the same virus would be kinda awful. That's not far off doubling the usual death rate (225 deaths in 300k would be about 300 deaths in the ACT, we normally have about 500 deaths in a 3 month period), ie the virus killing nearly as much as everything else put together.

That's kinda my point though. There are areas of the the US that are bad, but there are large swathes of the nation that are largely fine. So to say the entire nation is in the grip of the pandemic isn't really accurate. For example where I live has a population of roughly 300,000 and we have only had around 8,500 total cases and 225 deaths since this whole thing began back in February. Our daily infections have also dropped sharply over the past week or so. And like I said, we are considered one of the hotspots in Ohio. If we are a hotspot with those numbers, then I'd say Ohio is doing pretty well compared to other parts of the country.

Ohio had a higher peak in new cases at the end of last week than they had in the worst part of April. May have dropped the last couple of days....because it was the weekend (fewer tests).
However, in deaths it is currently far below the peak it had in April.

Just type 'Ohio cases covid' into google and the first thing to pop up should be a timeline, where you can switch between cases, deaths, or look at other states.

People keep saying it's bad in the US, but I'm not seeing any evidence of it. Our state governor tells us that our county is one of the "hotspots" in the state, yet there wasn't a single covid patient to be found when I took my grandmother to the ER over the weekend. Also, when my wife took our youngest for a check-up, she was talking with the doctor about it and the doctor said they've had plenty of people come in with covid-like symptoms, but not a single one of those people have tested positive for the virus. And my experience isn't isolated either. A lot of people here are noticing this and it's causing some confusion. If we are supposedly a hotspot, then where are all the sick people?

Unless one is on ventilator, they won't be in hospital. Tested , sent home and told to self isolate is standard procedure. I thought there were seperate areas for covid testing and patients? Dont need covid patient infecting everyone else going into the ER. Typically you are suppose to call to be told where to go for testing, as the ER is not the desired place for testing.
My area has drive thru testing now that we didnt have March-may. Once every week or two. Bet many of those who are in line today are the same group who were in line 2 weeks ago. Just like those not tested, such as myself is the same.

Foreign Office NL:
Barcelona area changed from code yellow to code orange (only essential travel and people returning must quarantine 2 weeks)
The rest of Spain stays code yellow (mind the Covid rules)

Foreign Affairs tightens travel advice for Barcelona: only necessary trips
The ministry has adjusted the travel advice for Barcelona and peripheral municipalities from color code yellow to orange: only necessary trips. "The number of covid infections has increased in the city of Barcelona and its suburbs. The risk of infection in this area has increased," the ministry writes.

The Ministry strongly advises against tourist travel. "If you are in this area now, think about ending your stay early."

The region of Segrià - the city of Lleida and the surrounding area - also still has the code orange. Travelers returning to the Netherlands from this code orange areas are urgently advised to return to home quarantine for a fortnight after their return.

For the rest of Spain, the code is yellow (note: security risks).

https://nos.nl/liveblog/2341934-bui...or-barcelona-alleen-noodzakelijke-reizen.html

There will however likely be a second order effect decreasing travel to Spain and other countries from the individual choices of people after all the news on Spain, according to stock analysts:
From today:
The shares of tour operator TUI (-12%) and airlines EasyJet (-7%), British Airways and Iberia parent International Airlines Group (-6%), Lufthansa (-6%), Ryanair (-4%) received the hardest hits.

I find your use of the word 'only', ironic.

225 deaths in a population of 300,000 is 750 deaths/million

That is higher than that listed for every other country in the
world except for San Marino (1,238) and Belgium (847).

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
The New York State and New Jersey have much higher death per capital, around 1,600 to 1,700.

That is something where I do expect my government to take a firm and crystal clear stance incl tests and penalties when violating rules.
So far that did not happen.
That's why the Japanese government asked the U.S. military side to apply the penalties to those individuals who violated their promises.

That and a map that has only raw numbers is basically useless. California has more infections than Wyoming? New York has more infections than Vermont? What is the statistical likelihood that the case numbers would be in reverse? 300,000 in California is off the top of my head about 1% of the population. In Wyoming, that would be 50%?
Regardless how refined the data and graph shows, if the virus keep spreading inside a nation, the leaders such as President Trump will get blamed. Sorry, public schools cannot be closed forever without significant damages, time is running out.

California just hopped over 450,000, not very many days later. If people aren't taken this pandemic seriously, the million milestone per state will be reached soon, then the grimstone skyrockets.

Death per Capita will never decrease if all the calculations done correctly, death is final, you cannot revive someone's live after the breath cut. 1% isn't too many, look it again 3 or 6 months later.

Americans once thought 30,000+ new cases per day was a huge terrible hit, it's likely to be a relief if that spreading rate can be seen again.

Barely 1 hour passed the noon time today, total U.S. cases recorded just surpassed 35,000, both California and Texas still stand at 0 now.

Here's another one: 無根拠な陰謀説を止めたら?
This Japanese phrase means "If you please stop the groundless conspiracy theory".

Last edited:
and this will achieve , ı don't know , the UN to identify true Americans , because blood , and prepare getting them first ?

also "love" the autocorrect on my tablet making getting them into forgetting them ... The American richest rich have been making billions over this , why not Americans , once again ı don't know , help a little . Though ı can easily call myself the only properly masked person in places where no policeman is seen , hence little possibility of a fine ...

Why would mandatory testing make more sense with fewer asymptomatic cases than with more?
The 94%+ herd immunity will unlikely be achieved even after the vaccines become widely available to the general public unless the mandatory testing and vaccinations have been implemented.

The 94%+ herd immunity will unlikely be achieved because nobody needs that level.

The 94%+ herd immunity will unlikely be achieved even after the vaccines become widely available to the general public unless the mandatory testing and vaccinations have been implemented.

That's irrelevant to my question.

Again:

Why would a lower asymptomatic rate be an argument for mandatory testing?

Four days into season, MLB game cancelled over COVID-19 outbreak

"The outbreak among the Marlins, however, throws into doubt whether the shortened season, absence of crowds, and isolation protocol are enough to keep players safe."

Obvious, but I guess everyone involved is getting paid not to think about that.

High-level professional sports should be the absolute last thing to resume. It's literally millionaires playing with balls.

That's irrelevant to my question.

Again:

Those asymptomatic carriers keep the virus circulating around the society, thus infect more people in the long run. If most of them get tested, they'll find out that they are infected. Kentucky Senator Rand Paul decided to be tested anyway when looking all right several months ago, then he found out he was 1 of the asymptomatic guys. If he hadn't done it, the whole Congress would have the potentials to be infected and may not able to trace back to him.

Those asymptomatic carriers keep the virus circulating around the society, thus infect more people in the long run. If most of them get tested, they'll find out that they are infected. Kentucky Senator Rand Paul decided to be tested anyway when looking all right several months ago, then he found out he was 1 of the asymptomatic guys. If he hadn't done it, the whole Congress would have the potentials to be infected and may not able to trace back to him.

That seems to be answering the reverse of what I'm asking:

Mortality Rate per Million Population:

Italy: 581, France: 463, USA: 454, only 9 points left to defend Trump's boasting claim.

That seems to be answering the reverse of what I'm asking:

Also so many regions thought they had the coronavirus under control, then later found out they hadn't. Still it was for the political reasons because the leaders couldn't afford to have the pandemic getting out of control again.

Consider both the asymptomatic and the pre-symptomatic cases, if these few bugs haven't been dug out, they still have the chance to face the resurgence as long as there are still at least 1 dozen of them actively circulating inside a nation. Unless there are no more new cases reported or the whole contact-trace web is completed, there ought to be some unknown asymptomatic carriers and they need to be tested out.

0% asymptomatic rate will never be an argument for the mandatory testing

I used Rand Paul as the example because he was only 1 person inside the entire Congress of 538 members. Utah Representative Ben McAdams contracted the virus after attending the Capitol Hill meeting in Washington D.C. during late March, I wouldn't rule out it was from Rand Paul because both of them were inside the same building at the same time.

Last edited:
The real reason we don't have mandatory quarantines in Europe and can't wipe out the virus: it might put an end to this "business model". At least seriously inconvenience it.

An economic block where the "freedoms" exist for the sake of better exploiting and squeezing laborers. What's pathetic is that all this is "for the economy", and the consequences are thousands of millions of euros in lost revenues now due to the ongoing slowdown.

It doesn't even make any economic sense. I think it's an ideological thing: labour must be squeezed, even if that harms the economy! There have been no changes to protect the "essential labour", to pay those people more, to end these exploitative practices. To do any such changes might give workers some ideas - that is something the sitting governments don't want.

Last edited:
Netherlands:
There are now reports on our contact tracing capacity that the recent increases in people asking to be tested are causing problems in getting tests done within 24 hours.
And the news media ofc urging the government to open an instant can of people able to increase contact-tracing capacity.

Three weeks ago, when demand for testing was much lower, there were articles in all newsmedia pointing out that many of the newly employed and trained people to do contact-tracing were doing nothing the whole day.
What on Earth were these newsmedia suggesting ?

I have a suggestion for all those newsmedia:
Please report every day that 99% of our military employees are doing little else than being there.
Let's add all the people doing maintenance on our dikes.
Let's add also all those journalists writing such silly articles.

Kindergarten.

Netherlands:
many of the newly employed and trained people to do contact-tracing were doing nothing the whole day.
Kindergarten.
Come to the United States to do the contact-tracing. They are deployed in the wrong place.

Open up more testing sites and labs, if there are currently 1,000 sites opening, open up 728 more. If there are 100 labs processing the testing tubes, open up 44 more.

If 900,000 Remdesivir dosages are not enough, produce 1,339,488 more by the end of Sep 2020.
900000 Dozenalized.png

Dozenalize all the numbers and capacities is the only way for Trump to be able to survive his re-election bid.

Last edited:
Some mathematicians confuse between Halloween and Christmas holidays because [Octal] 31 = [Decimal] 25.
I am trying to help you here. Your posts barely make sense. Stop pushing your de-decimalisation scheme. All it does it make the thread more unreadable. People ask questions and you quote them and write lines of text, but you're not answering what they are asking nor providing applicable information and explanations.

See your post just above, it is a wtf moment for anybody who reads it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom