[RD] Daily Graphs and Charts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been on forums with a Like function; works pretty well, imo. It can be fun to post something good before bed, wake up and find 14 like notifications in your forum inbox, lol.

http://www.businessinsider.com/news-reading-moves-to-tablets-2013-6

Cheaper phones have poorer users, no big surprise there. But I'm disappoint in educated america for falling for the iphone scam.

If I have to see this in one more place I'm going to blow a gasket. This is not that interesting! Maybe if people used it to 1) demonstrate the degree to which social scientists can measure and model human behavior, or to 2) demonstrate the degree to which we are dominated by the cultural norms of those we interact with the most, even on the least important, non-moral/value-oriented cultural dimensions like how to pronounce words, then I might not find it trite.

i saw that a few days ago. here are my results:
1. car-a-mel
2. as in "set"?
3. Bo-wie knife
4. cray-awn
5. loyer
6. slaw. definitely slaw.
7. y'all
8. man-aze
9. pa-jawm-as
10. red for pecan
11. SODA! not pop wtf is wrong with you people
12. crawfish
13. roundabout? idk
14. sir-up
15. sub...
16. water fountain (wtf bubbler)
17. tennis shoes
18. none of the above
19. ahahaha "the devil beating his wife"
20. none of the above
21. brew thru
22. all the same

1. Use both
2. as in "sit"
3. Bo-wie knife
4. Same as crown
5. loyer
6. coleslaw
7. you guys
8. man-aze
9. Same as father
10. PEE-can
11. Soda
12. crawfish
13. Circle
14. SEAR-up
15. A hoagie is a sandwich, a sub goes underwater (Cheesesteaks are something else entirely)
16. water fountain
17. sneakers
18. Highway duh
19. Sunshower
20. Philly or NYC depending on location
21. This is a thing?
22. Sight differences that really aren't very noticeable except by locals

Energy savings from advanced lighting controls almost always pay off within a handful of years, because they are crazy efficient. In some of these studies the lights weren't adding value almost 4/5ths of the time.

Wow, us Long Islanders are pretty different. Does no one call it a hero? A sub is a thing that goes underwater, not a sandwich...

And sorry, rest of the US, but you all sicken me for calling it "Surup" when it is clearly "sear-up"

In Connecticut it's a grinder. :p

Why so few words for positive feeling as opposed to negative feeling ?

i'm livid that livid isn't on there

also appalled.

I see appalled. But no livid.

And not an awesome, awful, awed, in sight.

And where's aghast?

And while there's stunned, where's astounded?

Still, it's a confusing list, and I'm not sure I haven't missed seeing some words since I don't expect them to be where they are. Or something.

How about listless?

No, wait. It IS a list.

Discomforted? Uneasy? oops, found it.

Why didn't the people drawing this list up use a dictionary? Or is it one of those things that people have kept adding to? If you did use a dictionary methodically, you'd probably end up with a vast list including a lot of words most people had never encountered before.

Pissed off is missing too? got it.

Woodrow Wilson was known for his Dollar Diplomacy so that must be why he's the largest denomination.

Have to work on that motto. Other than that the American dollar looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom