Dawn of Civilization - an RFC modmod by Leoreth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to have stability values in certain tiles to degrade over time? If so this could solve some problems. for example, if Persian lands became increasingly unstable to the Arabs, then this could help generate re-spawns. Do the game mechanics allow for this?

Three things, the second being the most important:

1. This is an amazing modmod (Reformation really spices up the European game, and Italy and Byzantium are a lot of fun), so thank you very much for improving RFC, an already unbelievably good mod.

2. The Netherlands failed to spawn in both games I've played so far, which were Byzantium and Italy. No other countries, just Holland. I haven't tried playing as them yet, which I should probably do just to see what happens. Anyone have any ideas for the cause and fix? It wasn't taken out to make room for Byzantium/Italy, was it?

3. I think a nice little addition would be the ability to switch to a re-born civilization when it rises from the grave. Not with a new UHV and UB and such, with the same everything as before. I just would like to play as a modern India breaking free of the rule of colonizers and growing into one of the worlds biggest economies, or play as a modern Babylon fighting to regain the glory of a time LONG past, and so on and so forth. Of course, this is just a random idea to be tossed out. I don't expect it to happen, haha.

iIRC the Netherlands has it's start moved back

Awesome those look much better now. Did you tweak the Arabs at all? I have never seen them take Constantinople.

If i get a chance to run a few test games, what would be the most helpful?

On your turkish games: uber-Germany was the most common inbalance. Italy was non existent.
I've done nothing to Arabia, but I guess the lack of Byzantine longbowmen helps them a lot in the end. Germany is better worked on when I visit the whole region to split it, but this definitely won't be in this version.

Valuable information would be the pre-Turkish situation (Aztec/Turks start) and the situation after they've had some time to establish themselves (Dutch/American start).

Regarding independents, what is the AI aggression level toward them? Would it be possible to create regional themed independents (aka, 4 or 5 Indy civs rather than 2)? That way you can tailor AI civ aggression toward independents on different regions beyond using just the war map.
Theoretically yes, but it's always a shot into the blue with the AI.

Also can someone explain to me what the reasoning behind giving the Turk's their UP is? It seems kind of useless right now and not very distinctively Ottoman given how much ethnic tensions arose in the latter centuries of their existence.
Well, the Turks were good in converting previously dominantly Greek Anatolia to their culture relatively quickly.

Is it possible to have stability values in certain tiles to degrade over time? If so this could solve some problems. for example, if Persian lands became increasingly unstable to the Arabs, then this could help generate re-spawns. Do the game mechanics allow for this?
Not that easily, it would entail a lot of conditions in the stability code I guess. I also don't think Arabia still has the problem of never collapsing, judging from my test games.

2. The Netherlands failed to spawn in both games I've played so far, which were Byzantium and Italy. No other countries, just Holland. I haven't tried playing as them yet, which I should probably do just to see what happens. Anyone have any ideas for the cause and fix? It wasn't taken out to make room for Byzantium/Italy, was it?
As already said, the Netherlands spawn in 1500 AD now.

3. I think a nice little addition would be the ability to switch to a re-born civilization when it rises from the grave. Not with a new UHV and UB and such, with the same everything as before. I just would like to play as a modern India breaking free of the rule of colonizers and growing into one of the worlds biggest economies, or play as a modern Babylon fighting to regain the glory of a time LONG past, and so on and so forth. Of course, this is just a random idea to be tossed out. I don't expect it to happen, haha.
It's not that difficult to implement actually (I think). Maybe I have some time left for this some day :)

Edit: I redid the Byzantine stability/settler map, Byzantine presence north of the Black Sea or in Persia should be impossible now (by settling, war maps still have to be done). I also tried to increase the likeliness of Dyrrhachium, Bari and Syracusae while I lowered it for Sparta.
Spoiler :

Is there some way of implementing no stability-induced collapse version of the game? It'll be fun in those situations when you're Babylon and trying to conquer the world.

@dcode147
There's a cheat for that.
Type Shift-Alt-Q to enable cheat mode. This also enables squatting.
Afterwards, type Shift-Alt-S to gain 10 stability whenever you need it.

New Byzantine war map:
Spoiler :

YAY! :clap: Good job!

Just a few further recommendations:
1) Perhaps put ALL of Sicily and Southern Italy as level 8
2) And I would recommend adding more Level 10's to more of the Balkans

EDIT: Looking at the new settler map you put a lower case charmish (whatever the spelling was), instead of capital "C" Charmish.

Excellent, did you see my British stability proposal?

While this is a great mod (or better, modmod), the game often seems to think I click twice. For example, I click at the City Raider I promotion, and the game automatically promotes the unit to City Raider II. Or, I click on a city to select the garrisoned units, and I go to the city screen. Or, what's even more annoying, I ask an AI what they want for a technology, and the game instantly accepts the deal... And the AI asks like all my technologies and all my gold.

How can I fix this?

Excellent, did you see my British stability proposal?
Yeah, but I didn't look at it yet because one stability map at a time is already enough. :crazyeye:

While this is a great mod (or better, modmod), the game often seems to think I click twice. For example, I click at the City Raider I promotion, and the game automatically promotes the unit to City Raider II. Or, I click on a city to select the garrisoned units, and I go to the city screen. Or, what's even more annoying, I ask an AI what they want for a technology, and the game instantly accepts the deal... And the AI asks like all my technologies and all my gold.

How can I fix this?
That's odd, are you sure this really only happens in DoC?

Well, this only happens in DoC and nowhere else, not in the normal RFC, not in normal BTS, not in other games, nowhere but in DoC...

I can't think of anything that might have even remotely caused this.

Leoreth, are u planning on my idea on the unit spawns??(for arabia)

And how is the work on Moors going and do u need help on them (research or anything)?

suggestion found on pg 122 and 124

Leoreth, are u planning on my idea on the unit spawns??(for arabia)

And how is the work on Moors going and do u need help on them (research or anything)?
Unit spawns seem to be no longer necessary. It's more important to make sure the North African cities don't get razed that often.

I haven't started with the Moors yet (I haven't even finally settled on them in fact). I don't think there's much research to be done.

But Tripoli, Benghazi, merv and samarkand are still either razed and the Tripoli is still sometimes Byzantine. I dont want u to add any new units; just give it to the Arabs when Cairo and Tisfun flip.
And theres still the settler problem. i really think most of their units should spawn in CAiro and Baghdad; the 2 capitals of most arab empire

I dont see how it could hurt the game play.

This can definitely be done. But I don't know if that helps the razed city problem, though.

I can't think of anything that might have even remotely caused this.

Well, I've 'removed' stability (previously, you could collapse at -40 or something, now only at -999), resulting in my Persian empire which controls Mongolia, China, India, Khmer, Ethiopia, Babylonia, Arabia, Turkey, Phoenicia, Spain, Portugal, Rome, France, most of the southern part of 'our' Russia, some places were Japan likes to create cities (Korea, for example) and some random islands. It's quite fun, with, for instance, a Japanese mesoamerica... But that probably can't cause my problem.

However, the previous session (which was very short, from a few turns before the Dutch spawned to some 10 turns or so after that (I play on Marathon)), I had no mouse errors, and the session before the session before the last one (yeah...) also not, if I remember correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom