Dawn of Civilization - an RFC modmod by Leoreth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I almost didn't post this in fear it would cause The Turks head to explode...... :crazyeye:

Attachments

• Leif took a wrong turn.jpg
    Leif took a wrong turn.jpg
    313.8 KB · Views: 248
I gave the Persians the area you could call Media or Kurdistan, just a triangle of of few tiles north and east of mesopotamia as part of their spawn and it helped them a lot in terms of actually taking the middle east and at least getting close to egypt and greece.
Also worth a thought ...

Maybe the Hittites should be a bigger threat to Babylon and Egypt, at least before the Persians spawn? After all, the Hittites conquered Syria and invaded Babylon numerous times. Right now they're just kinda... a puny little barb city. :lol:
Well, currently, I've even disabled Hattusas because they were screwing up the lategame, but now it seems this is what started the Babylonian mess. I've tried to implement the Hittites by swordsmen spawns instead, but that didn't seem to work (?). Maybe I'll have to revisit it again.

No - the best place now is actually everything BUT the Copenhagen tile, I'm sorry to say :lol: As the three western tiles all has the dutch fish in reach, which they'll have for 1000 years - so the AI actually does the only meaningfull thing, and settles Aarhus 1N of the pigs - settling on the pigs is not very smart, and the southernmost tile flips to Germany :) Only thing you gain by settling CPH is a few more grassland tiles - and I'd say that the AI is doing the right thing in wanting a fish more then that.

I'd be happy to compile a suggestion, but it is of course your modmod and you're in charge - but if we agree on trying to make Oslo, Cph, and Stockholm the three obvious choices for building cities, then sure?
But can't Copenhagen reach a pig in Scania somewhere? Or do you want to keep that one for Stockholm? The reason why I didn't make the fish accessible for Copenhagen is that then it would end up in Hamburg's cross most of the time.

See, I'm not trying to win argument here, I'm honestly trying to remember how the map looks. So an edited screen would help a lot :)

When are the VD units for DoC going to be ready, because the lack of cool unique units (and the disregard for Confucianism) are the only two things which are keeping me from playing regular RFC. So please spare us from European-Chinese Footmen, its starting to look pretty bad ;)

hmm perhaps a single geological formation can make a pair of avians extinct....

a Hittite city to contain Babylon, which later flips to Persia, in a location that makes a decent byzantine city in the event that it survives.....

Why do you hate me Leoreth?

hmm perhaps a single geological formation can make a pair of avians extinct....

a Hittite city to contain Babylon, which later flips to Persia, in a location that makes a decent byzantine city in the event that it survives.....

Carchemish?

When are the VD units for DoC going to be ready, because the lack of cool unique units (and the disregard for Confucianism) are the only two things which are keeping me from playing regular RFC. So please spare us from European-Chinese Footmen, its starting to look pretty bad ;)
Why don't you do it yourself? ;)

If you would've taken a look into the first post, it's filed under "later features", so you can't expect any work on it soon. Your greatest hope currently is that edead takes up his ambitions to do this again.

Why do you hate me Leoreth?
Because you're a papist ;) (just kidding :D)

British Nigeria is noted, in case you're referring to that. I just didn't see anything meaningful I could respond to that suggestion.

I Put this into my mods folder and when i load it up ingame for scenarios the only new one i have is WBQUICKSAVE i open i and it crashes as soon i select a civ

You can't open the scenarios from the BtS main menu, go Advanced > Mods > RFC Dawn of Civilization first instead.

"C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Civ4BeyondSword.exe" mod= mods\RFC Dawn of Civilization

This shortcut launches my DOC

On Persian anatolian city, I spent some time looking at various maps of the Achaeminid (sp??), Byzantine, Roman and prehistoric anatolia looking for a common region that was important to all the time frames and is a good city site in the map. the only important Persian city that I find mentioned often is Sardis which would be most realistically placed on the hill 1 SE of the sheep, later Smyrna. This city site sucks though and should never be spoken of again.

In central anatolia, there is the the tile 1 N of the peak, which is Iconium in the 600AD Byzantine map. This tile "could" be a barabarian Gordium, later Ankyra but it's a bit of a stretch. Or Kanes > Kayseri

Which you consider naming a city for a province, i.e. Persian Phrygia? maybe 1S of marble? I guess we could stretch and name that Sardis as well, but what about the later/earlier civs?

You could always just re-enable barb cities in the area and have it be part of the Persian flip zone which could give you Hattusas or Gordion but I'm not really sure what Persian cities to make them

Anatolia is the worst designed part of this map, which is probably why it keeps causing problems lol

In central anatolia, there is the the tile 1 N of the peak, which is Iconium in the 600AD Byzantine map. This tile "could" be a barabarian Gordium, later Ankyra but it's a bit of a stretch.

Which you consider naming a city for a province, i.e. Persian Phrygia? maybe 1S of marble? I guess we could stretch and name that Sardis as well, but what about the later/earlier civs?
That's what I'd currently favor too. Independent Sfard from, say, 1000 AD to represent Lydia, flips to AI Persia on spawn if not conquered by Greece. Later civs will probably have to live with that crappy city, but I can increase the probability for it to get razed so that it doesn't mess up every game.

Anatolia is the worst designed part of this map, which is probably why it keeps causing problems lol
Yeah, Rhye should've applied the Europe enlargement here too, considering how important Anatolia was through history, but I guess he had to put a stop to it somewhere.

Actually couldn't the peak be replaced by a hill ? I know that it's a montainious region, but there were some cities there in the middle ages like Antalya.

Yeah, Rhye should've applied the Europe enlargement here too, considering how important Anatolia was through history, but I guess he had to put a stop to it somewhere.

RFC on the Giant Earth Map... It'd be like a dream come true. A dream that takes 5 minutes to change turns and crashes my computer every 3 of those turns, but it'd be amazing.

RFC on the Giant Earth Map... It'd be like a dream come true. A dream that takes 5 minutes to change turns and crashes my computer every 3 of those turns, but it'd be amazing.

Indeed. And with, say, a 50 civs DLL, and with every major gameplay mod and RFC mod-mod added in, it would be the most perfect thing ever. Now I've made myself sad because I know that it'll never happen. :(

Don't say never, now that the shuttle program is shut down maybe NASA would let us borrow some computers........

i have thought about removing that peak as well as adding a tile 2 S of sheep where Hallicarnassus would be. It would be within athens culture zone and if the Greeks could be enticed to settle it, and it later flipped to the Persians, then that would guarantee war between the two.

You really don't want to use the computers the NASA was running.

I guess my cellphone is more sophisticated than the Space Shuttle's board computer :lol:

Why don't you do it yourself? ;)

If you would've taken a look into the first post, it's filed under "later features", so you can't expect any work on it soon. Your greatest hope currently is that edead takes up his ambitions to do this again.

Because you're a papist ;) (just kidding :D)

British Nigeria is noted, in case you're referring to that. I just didn't see anything meaningful I could respond to that suggestion.
Okay Jerry

I found the machine for it
i7-2600K @4.5GHz
16GB RAM @1866MHz
2xRadeon 6990
for $4,819
Pimpin yo

I found the machine for it
i7-2600K @4.5GHz
16GB RAM @1866MHz
2xRadeon 6990
for $4,819
Pimpin yo
Bad idea. The i7-2600k is quadcore and Civ4 isn't multicore capable, returning your nominal tact frequence to 1.125 GHz. And it's CPU that counts.

It's 1.72 first, that's the current changelog:
Spoiler :
# excluded Sirajis from Arabian flip
# part of the Arabian units and settlers spawn in Baghdad and Cairo
# AI Arabian capital gets moved to Cairo or Baghdad in 650 AD
# extended the Russian historical area to the Ukraine to encourage the conquest of Kiev
# changed the Roman UP so that units can't spawn on islands anymore
# Byzantium now only spawns when Greece is dead or Rome controls at least one city in its core
# Italy now only spawns when at least half of the Italian cities are independent (usually either Rome or Venice not conquered yet)
# Former city garrisons get pushed out before they flip to Italy to avoid that they become a military power
# reduced the probability of 600 AD preplaced cities to get razed
# changed Abu Bakr's personality to focus on science as well

I intend to fix all current bugs before I start working on 1.8 stuff, also I'm tinkering with the rebirth mechanism a little (influencing the Italians), will update the Roman, Arabian and Italian UHVs, and do some Persian and Turkish balance.

The bugfixing part is the nastiest, so I started with it first. I'm currently working on unique GP names and using the opportunity to do some additional research on them (right chronology and filling up sparse/empty lists).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom