1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Dawn of Civilization - an RFC modmod by Leoreth

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by Leoreth, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdrienIer

AdrienIer Deity

I suppose there will be no subforum while the modder (Leoreth) is absent. And there are only subforums for mods which already have severall threads.
    The best thing we can do IMO is create a few specific threads (for bugs, suggestions, playtests, even svn tests), and wait for leoreth to come back.

2. BenZL43

BenZL43 awkward cat

Hmm.. SoI was granted a new sub-forum because there's quite much new thread..
    But I don't remember if embryodead was around when the moderator make it into a sub-forum..
    Hey! I got a good idea then! Everybody, let's sprout this forum with a lot of junk threads start with [DoC] so they'll move our thread into a sub-forum! rofl

3. The Turk

The Turk Deity

The problem is that, while SoI is a big change away from RFC (even bigger than RFC Europe IMO), DoC is based more off of RFC, and therefore the need for a subforum seems a bit trivial, especially since I don't see a need to post up anymore threads.

4. hoplitejoe

hoplitejoe Top fun-poster

:agree:

5. Mekajiki

Mekajiki Warlord

DoC doesn't need a subforum. All of the modmods which received subforums were full conversions or Rhye's personal creations. This modmod just doesn't meet that criteria.

6. civ-addicted

civ-addicted King

I think the subforum system shouldn't be abused for PR reasons. What's worth 50 subforums with 3 threads each when this one here is empty?

7. jammerculture

jammerculture Prince

At some point we might have to deal with the fact that other then the last remaining bug fixes, that may or may not be done by Leoreth himself, that this mod is finished its development.

With that potential reality in mind, does a subforum really make sense?

8. frog3

frog3 Warlord

mod looks dead to me

9. Gruekiller

Gruekiller Back From The Beyond

The mod's hardly dead. Whenever Leo is done with his current "project" (which I am curious to learn about), I'm sure he'll return to DoC.

10. BenZL43

BenZL43 awkward cat

Well... in my opinion, we still need a sub-forum, because.. what's happen here is like..

A & B are discussing about X, then C came and tell about Y from the game he play, then A & C are discussing about Y, and left the discussion about X behind.. then came D, with B are discussing about Z, and its all screwed up..

I just think with a sub-forum, we could create a specific thread, for the development of the mod, the OMG screen, the Python Exception screen, the conflict & drama, the suggestion, which we can expand into Suggestion on Spawn date, suggestion on adding Civilization, etc.. we could have another thread for bug.. bug about spawn date, bug about this and that, and so on..

And even as there's been a suggestion for community fix, so we do what we can, temporary or permanent, to assist Leo while he's gone awhile.. it could be more focused if each problem is discussed in separate thread, so each thread will have their own war of Wikipedia, own brainstorm and such and not mixed altogether and get biased like now :)

I believe, may the Mod die awhile, the thread not. See, Leo's been gone for around 1 month, but latest post here isn't 1 months ago right? This thread do not forgotten though the mod is paused awhile.. Any thread, especially, when it's focused, will keep risen, and as most of us are really active somehow, I know we wouldn't see only 3 or 4 threads, but much! And each thread will contain much post..I am sure :)

But I'm going with the community. Whatever the choice is, I believe it'll be the best for our DoC.. Viva!

11. AdrienIer

AdrienIer Deity

If you'd rather have severall threads for DOC, well... Create new threads !
    I agree with the fact that this thread is a bit overwhelmed with diverse stuff, so if you think it would be better, just create a thread or two on the RFC modmod subforum (there are severall RFCA threads for example).

12. hoplitejoe

Just create some new threads in the modmod subforum, it's really not that busy so it would be fine.
    (No i did not read the post above :p)

13. The Turk

The Turk Deity

I really don't see any point to creating new threads, since the creator is not here, and there hasn't been much action on tis thread anyway...

14. nickoman23

nickoman23 Chieftain

Was playing as the mongols and crashed around 1510.
    here is a save of just before it happens.
    I hate late game bugs.:cry::mad::cry::mad::cry::mad::cry::mad::cry::mad::cry::mad::cry::(:mad::cry:

Attached Files:

15. nickoman23

nickoman23 Chieftain

mod crashed again at same time while playing as japan. not going to play this mod until new patch is out. this is a pretty obvious bug.
    as a matter of fact, I will delete until a new version is out.
    the save is from 2 or 3 turns from crash.

Attached Files:

16. Mazzini

Mazzini Chieftain

Hey guys, I'm noticing Babylonia's UP doesn't work. I used the Oracle to bulb Code of Laws hoping for that juicy bonus in my capital, but there doesn't seem to be any bonus. Boo....

17. Mekajiki

Mekajiki Warlord

It's like people don't even read the thread, they just come here to complain.

18. hoplitejoe

It's 165 pages long and they're not complaining, they found a crash and think it should be fixed.
    To all the people above, currently the modder who works on this is doing a different project, your best hope is to get an auto save and play on from there.

19. BenZL43

BenZL43 awkward cat

I think I got a new idea for a new thread..

[DOC] Bug

So, later on, I'll move all the known bugs there, and if you found a new bug, or anything, move it there..

Nah, what do you think?
    If most of the response is positive, I'll create the thread.. so it's not wasting if nobody agreed to..

20. etp_ak

etp_ak Chieftain

Ok maybe i'm a new newb and I don't feel like digging through 150 pages in this thread. But I just downloaded and played as Germany and they are called "the holy roman empire." ..I know that their flag was replaced with the Holy Roman Empire's.. could someone explain to me why they are called that. Is it the early dynamic name for Germany? Thanks.

oh and in the features list it said new Leaders were added but I do not see any new leaders... i'm really confused.

thanks a lot guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.