Dawn of Civilization - an RFC modmod by Leoreth

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I found the part of code i was looking for and the mod I planned to use it on doesnt even have the code AT ALL (RFCE++) but I asked you because you answered the same question before so I aplologize if you feel pestered for a question that wasnt for your mod.. Anyway, I'm just going to try and copy it in there in the same place as it is in the DoC code and cross my fingers..

Thanks for your help
You should have said this first, because I don't think this will work. Have a look at Stability.setup() instead (or maybe beginGame(), depending on how it's called).

So... just SVN'd to version 198... and I lose every game on the first autoturn =S
Yup, next commit contains a fix.

Playing as Inca it's still pretty easy to avoid the conquest event. Just put a scout to Tenochtitlan and wait till the Europeans meet the Aztecs. Your contact won't spawn conquerors but plague.
I've been (ab)using this mechanic since vanilla RFC... Is it intended or an exploit?

As a european civ I never get conquerors at Inca anyway.. is it the first one you see only?

Nah, good english. Perfectly grammatically anyway, except it's a sentence fragment, but so is this sentence.

As a european civ I never get conquerors at Inca anyway.. is it the first one you see only?

No, unless it's changed recently, you can get conquers for all 3 New World native empires (Inca too if it's still around on a 3000 BC start), not just the first one you meet.

Also you don't need to be European, just Old World, you can get Arabian or Japanese conquers fairly easily.

Playing as Inca it's still pretty easy to avoid the conquest event. Just put a scout to Tenochtitlan and wait till the Europeans meet the Aztecs. Your contact won't spawn conquerors but plague.
I've been (ab)using this mechanic since vanilla RFC... Is it intended or an exploit?
It's practically an exploit, but I have no idea to prevent that.

Is there a yeaar deadline? that'd explain it..

Is there a yeaar deadline? that'd explain it..

The conquerors event is available from 1300 to the 18th/19th century.(not sure)

But the conquerors can also come to you before the aztecs, so to prevent that I keep one in easternmost brazil and one in the southernmost tile. But if they decide to come from the west, theres nothing you can do(Dutch indiamen sometimes do)
BTW, if you see the Euros borders, they get conquerors! I recently sent a galley up, saw a spanish Yax mutal, and they got conquerors(and the message on that very turn.)

Not to rush you or anything... but when is the new version going to be released? Is life playing on marathon speed or something where everything takes forever? (jk) But seriously, will it even be out by the end of 2011?

I just realized I haven't seen Leoreth around since December...

Well, considering it still is early December, that's not really so bad. :p

His profile says his last post is "Dec 07, 2011 04:09 PM". For comparison, your post is "Dec 07, 2011 09:02 AM".

Considering that I'm 6 hours ahead him, then he was around 2 hour before I was around :p

And, are we around 15 hours apart?
That post, recorded here : Dec 08, 2011 12:02 AM :p

It's funny seeing how we can talk each other whose thousand kilometers apart easily..
Few thousand before, it's definitely impossible.
Few thousand later, what will it be? ;)

I would imagine it would be pretty difficult for you two to communicate with each other over any distance at all in a thousand years, considering you'll both be long dead :p

I would imagine it would be pretty difficult for you two to communicate with each other over any distance at all in a thousand years, considering you'll both be long dead :p

:lmao: Very very well said

lol. I know I'll be dead already haha
I mean how people will communicate in thousand years from now haha...
If just by now we're separated thousand of kilometers and still be able to communicate each other ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom