Dawn of Civilization - an RFC modmod by Leoreth

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's only two tiles, what exactly do you mean by 'some'?
Spices (frickin' Ceylon), iron (frickin' wootz) and of course a fish.

India's spawn techs need to be tweaked, India should also start with bronze, iron and animal husbandry. Also on turn 63 Babylon founded Buddhism! EDIT: twice!

THREE resources? A spices is all I think is deserved, PERHAPS a fish but even that's pushing it.

I'm no expert on Sri Lanka at all, but I dont think anyone can argue against putting spices there, and one more resource doesnt seem completely out of line to me, given its historical importance. So yeah, "some" I'd say :)

Who this will affect the speed of the mod?
Assuming they get the same amount of units as the equivalent independents, not at all, since minor civs don't do diplomacy, stability or all the other stuff which slows down the game with more civs.

India's spawn techs need to be tweaked, India should also start with bronze, iron and animal husbandry. Also on turn 63 Babylon founded Buddhism! EDIT: twice!
Taken into consideration. Wait for the next commit regarding Buddhism, it gets rid of unrealistic religions as long as there's no human pushing for it.

Is there anywhere I can find the great people list for each Civ?
Yep, look into XML\Units\CIV4UnitInfos.xml and then search for the entry of every civ's great people (like, UNIT_AMERICAN_SCIENTIST for American scientists).

two, obviously, plus sea EDIT: not quite so funny if it's not after the post I was responding to

THREE resources? A spices is all I think is deserved, PERHAPS a fish but even that's pushing it.
Sri Lanka was extremely famous for the wootz steel it produced so iron is fitting, besides the city should be on the hill (which you should make a plains) so it's not like it's going to get a ton of production out of it. A fish allows it to grow faster than a snail's pace (Taiwan has four food resources for reference).

I've noticed that India can't tech nearly as fast as real life.

Confucius ask: Why fast worker called fast if he work so slow?

Spices (frickin' Ceylon), iron (frickin' wootz) and of course a fish.

Hang on now.

I'm all for a buffed India because I feel like with all the additions, they've gotten the short end of the stick, but unless India's spawn has been pushed to a later date, there should be no conceivable reason why they get more starting techs than the other 3000bc civs.

Unless they're secretly Lemuria.

Hang on now.

I'm all for a buffed India because I feel like with all the additions, they've gotten the short end of the stick, but unless India's spawn has been pushed to a later date, there should be no conceivable reason why they get more starting techs than the other 3000bc civs.

Unless they're secretly Lemuria.
The spawn is now 1500 BC, in RL India got ironworking around then. Also the Punjabi workers take forever to do anything, I mean sure they are Punjabi, but they don't work slower than other civs' workers

Random Question: Does Mongolia switch to Kublai when the GG Genghis dies? Is that even possible?

Wow, that was deep...
Civ King, do you mean that the workers don't have the bonus they should get, or just that it's not enough to make them useful ?

no, when the GG dies in battle (after being attached to a unit)

Wow, that was deep...
Civ King, do you mean that the workers don't have the bonus they should get, or just that it's not enough to make them useful ?

They have no bonus to work speed, just one extra movement. India also gets the worker speed that the other 3000 BC civs have so it take 14 worker-turns to build a plantation on a Jungle for example

That's make a good point.
If Genghis Khan lead Mongol as GG,
It'll be awkward when Genghis Khan dies in battle and he still lead the Mongol..

Why don't we have an anonymous GP.. and spawn only the most obvious one to make it as realistic as possible?

So we have a usual Great People, but anonymous.
At certain date, we have for example, Alexander the Great to lead the Greeks to Persia..
Or we have Siddharta Gautama to found Buddhism..
etc?

That's make a good point.
If Genghis Khan lead Mongol as GG,
It'll be awkward when Genghis Khan dies in battle and he still lead the Mongol..

Why don't we have an anonymous GP.. and spawn only the most obvious one to make it as realistic as possible?

So we have a usual Great People, but anonymous.
At certain date, we have for example, Alexander the Great to lead the Greeks to Persia..
Or we have Siddharta Gautama to found Buddhism..
etc?

So how about make it so it says something like, "Genghis Khan has been injured, and has retired to the capital", that would solve everything IMO.

How about leaving this up to everyone's imagination? The GG itself isn't even shown dying when his unit gets defeated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom