Dawn of Civilization - an RFC modmod by Leoreth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I know why Leoreth haven't posted anything around here, recently :)
He did the same right when he was about to release v1.7 ? :p
Probably to keep up the tradition or looking for a more quite time to finish v1.8 without reading any comments/feedback from us beta-testers for a while :)
#justguessing :)

ok, so is there anyway I can change this mod-mod, even though I know almost nothing about modding? I would like if when Italy spawns, Rome joins italy on the first or second turn, so the italians have a city to build the third university. Also, is it possible to increase Italy's research speed, throughout the middle ages and the renaissance? Because people always discover education before I do :(

ok, so is there anyway I can change this mod-mod, even though I know almost nothing about modding? I would like if when Italy spawns, Rome joins italy on the first or second turn, so the italians have a city to build the third university. Also, is it possible to increase Italy's research speed, throughout the middle ages and the renaissance? Because people always discover education before I do :(

I was thinking about making some edits myself recently. In my (non-SVN) version 1.74, the relevant file seems to be \Assets\Python\Consts.py. Remember to back it up before editing; any changes take effect immediately (even in-game). The relevant bit appears to be tCoreAreasTL . This has two lists: the first is for initial spawns and the second is respawns, so the first #Rome entry is Rome, and the second #Rome entry is Italy.

I must confess though that I'm puzzled why the difference is here: I would expect TL to mean top left, but excluding Rome is surely a bottom right issue, isn't? :confused:

Wer? Is this modding terms?

Rome is south of Florence/Milan. The Romans have it, the Italians don't. So I would expect that you would change the tCoreAreaBR co-ordinates so the the bottom right point is further north than Rome. But it's the tCoreAreaTL that gets changed.

Frohe Weihnachten ! :D

Christmas actually ends after New Year's...

Christmas technically ended on Friday. Unless you're eastern Orthodox, in which case it makes sense that it ends on the 18th, but I'm not sure.

You know how the story goes, well I'm back. I'm pleasantly surprised there's been so much going on here, there's a lot I have to read up to get up to date.

Yesterday I started working on the mod again, and exhausted most of the schedule I set before my break (but not all of it). Barring any major problems that came up here while I was away, it won't be long until I can package and upload the whole thing. Don't get your hopes up too much though, you know what happened the last time when I thought to be close to release *cough*

Anyways, expect a commit soon.

While I know you're paying attention I think you should un-delete Confucianism and get rid of Taoism. And Judaism should have stayed as well...

But mere suggestions are they.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom