Do you carry Pocket Knife with u?

Nope, 'cause it's illegal. :p

...Besides, it's illegal, and I don't hold with weapons anyway. If you're going to get something for "self-defence", at least be a man about it. :p

It's not illegial in the UK. Lock knives and knives over 3 1/2" are illegial without immediate cause, which is why the standard size of pen knife is 3 1/2". In theory you could still be done for carring on offensive weapon, but just about anything can constitute an offensive weapon if the jury, judge, cps and police all buy the alligation.

There is a swiss army knife in my tool box and another in the door of my car. If I am engaged in some sort of practical activity one of them will be in my shirt pocket. If I scrub up to go out I'll make sure it isnt in my shirt pocket. The rest of the time it's pot luck.

When I was in the police, I said to anyone I caught with a pen-knife (ie, no spring) "Just keep it out of sight, OK?". I worked in a fairly dangerous part of the city, and I felt very uneasy about saying to people that they shouldn't carry a knife around. A pen-knife is far from great in self-defence anyway.

When I was in the police, I said to anyone I caught with a pen-knife (ie, no spring) "Just keep it out of sight, OK?". I worked in a fairly dangerous part of the city, and I felt very uneasy about saying to people that they shouldn't carry a knife around. A pen-knife is far from great in self-defence anyway.

Indeed.

My old man teaches law and he carries a pen knife in his bag, into the lectures where he teaches :shrug:

But then he just doesnt see it as a weapon at all and doesnt notice people looking unconfortable at the Bob Hoskins look-a-like with half an apple in one hand and genticulating with a knife in the other. And it took him years to finally accept those really crappy Opinel french pen-knives, for which he still has an inexplicable weakness, are lock-knives and thus illegial.

As I would probably kill everyone I know with it on a whim, no.

most of the time i have one in my backpack. It definately came in handy on several occasions. It's totally useless for self-defence, but I don't need that anyway.

I used to carry around a pocket knife and a throwing knife whenever I ran into a bit of trouble a couple years ago.

I have since then disposed of those knives and now have my dad's old knife, which he had gotten when he was 10-12. I don't carry it around. I have no need to anymore.

Top Bottom