Egypt - Cleopatra Thread

In previous vids, pikes had bonus v melee. Not 'anything w horses.'
Also, there is no 'realistic' reason for spears to get a bonus v ranged units.

I could see either
1. A mounted ranged line
2. Chariot archers upgrade to regular ranged line
3. Upgrades/promotions work differently so they are compatiblew knight upgad

I'm hoping for 3 and a return to simple promotions like in civ 4. Why make 8 different versions of the strength promotion. Its not actually more interesting.

I hope someone puts together a video of all the leader animations before all this is done. They are, so fun to watch.

I'm fine with most leaders, I just really don't want to see Hitler animated this way :crazyeye:

no but seriously

I'm in love.

So apparently they nailed the 'average-looking but hauntingly seductive' character. Plutarch would be proud :lol:

It's like they always say, sex appeal is all about attitude.

You'ld think a special ability built around appealing to Roman Emperors would be a bit more attractive. I was pretty disappointed.

This begs the question, why upgrade? Certainly there will be instances where the number of promotions a unit has makes it equal to, if not stronger, than the non-promoted upgraded unit. Tough decisions make better game play I guess?
Losing all upgrades/XP is not my preferred solution, but at least if this were the case, you'd get the benefit of being able to get fast promotions again so the upgraded unit could potentially become stronger. Ranged units upgraded to melee in Civ V didn't even have that potential.

But, really, just making every promotion work with all units in the upgrade path seems like an obvious solution. And it still allows for some interesting combinations of promotions (like a scout with extra visibility could upgrade to a ranged unit even if range units don't have that promotion option).

I wonder if this is the exception that proves the rule - flood plains do not block the placement of districts and wonders for Egypt. I take it that it blocks districts for others?

This begs the question, why upgrade? Certainly there will be instances where the number of promotions a unit has makes it equal to, if not stronger, than the non-promoted upgraded unit. Tough decisions make better game play I guess?
It seems more likely to me that each type of unit (scout/melee/ranged/mounted/siege/etc.) has its own promotions, and so upgraded units would still have relevant promotions.

I mean, can you imagine them making 4-6 unique promotions for all 100+ units in the game? I can't.

I wonder if this is the exception that proves the rule - flood plains do not block the placement of districts and wonders for Egypt. I take it that it blocks districts for others?

Good catch. That would make sense- floodplains are great places to farm, but lousy for building on!

Have to say I'm loving the personality of this Egypt, particularly compared with 5's "Build Wonders, Hate Everyone, Get Eaten By Warmongers."
As weird as it sounds I'm getting a "most popular girl in school" vibe from this- Cleo has more money than you, more culture than you, more shiny stuff than you, everyone wants to be her friend and she'll only like you if you're the strongest civ around.
What an amazing civ to interact with! I hope they are all as compelling as this!

You'ld think a special ability built around appealing to Roman Emperors would be a bit more attractive. I was pretty disappointed.

Pigeonholing the entire UA into interacting with one specific civ that might not even be in your game? Eh...

OR: she already has interaction with Rome if the latter's unique is related to trade routes as well. "All roads lead to Rome", after all.

It's okay, part of Caesar's agenda will be to ally with Egypt at all cost. ;)

True her makeup looks terrible and her helmet is kind of odd :D

But she does bring some nice swagger to make up for it at least

Good catch. That would make sense- floodplains are great places to farm, but lousy for building on!

Have to say I'm loving the personality of this Egypt, particularly compared with 5's "Build Wonders, Hate Everyone, Get Eaten By Warmongers."
As weird as it sounds I'm getting a "most popular girl in school" vibe from this- Cleo has more money than you, more culture than you, more shiny stuff than you, everyone wants to be her friend and she'll only like you if you're the strongest civ around.
What an amazing civ to interact with! I hope they are all as compelling as this!

My guess: in CivBE putting a city on flood plains would destroy the flood plains (which were regarded as a "feature", like forests). I guess for all other civs, building on flood plains leaves desert. Why that's important, I don't know. Worked flood plains give more food that desert, but I'm not sure that matters if you're building anyway.

I wonder what is their gold bonus on trade routes. External were often viewed as pretty bad due to their poor yields compared to raw food. Especially early game.
Seeing 7gold 1science vs 1f 1h is definetely good but I wonder how much the base is and if gold is still valued from 4:1 to 3:1 in the game.

Top Bottom