1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Egypt - Cleopatra Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by nunor, May 25, 2016.

1. Schuesseled

Schuesseled Deity

I'm hoping for 3 and a return to simple promotions like in civ 4. Why make 8 different versions of the strength promotion. Its not actually more interesting.

2. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I hope someone puts together a video of all the leader animations before all this is done. They are, so fun to watch.

3. nunor

nunor King

So apparently they nailed the 'average-looking but hauntingly seductive' character. Plutarch would be proud :lol:

4. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

It's like they always say, sex appeal is all about attitude.

5. MIS

MIS Prince

You'ld think a special ability built around appealing to Roman Emperors would be a bit more attractive. I was pretty disappointed.

6. m15a

m15a Emperor

Losing all upgrades/XP is not my preferred solution, but at least if this were the case, you'd get the benefit of being able to get fast promotions again so the upgraded unit could potentially become stronger. Ranged units upgraded to melee in Civ V didn't even have that potential.

But, really, just making every promotion work with all units in the upgrade path seems like an obvious solution. And it still allows for some interesting combinations of promotions (like a scout with extra visibility could upgrade to a ranged unit even if range units don't have that promotion option).

7. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

I'll probably agree to the AI's bad trade offers if Cleo looks at me that way. :crazyeye:

8. Louis XXIV

Louis XXIV Le Roi Soleil

I wonder if this is the exception that proves the rule - flood plains do not block the placement of districts and wonders for Egypt. I take it that it blocks districts for others?

9. AriochIV

AriochIV Colonial Ninja

It seems more likely to me that each type of unit (scout/melee/ranged/mounted/siege/etc.) has its own promotions, and so upgraded units would still have relevant promotions.

I mean, can you imagine them making 4-6 unique promotions for all 100+ units in the game? I can't.

10. Tagma

Tagma Chieftain

Good catch. That would make sense- floodplains are great places to farm, but lousy for building on!

Have to say I'm loving the personality of this Egypt, particularly compared with 5's "Build Wonders, Hate Everyone, Get Eaten By Warmongers."
    As weird as it sounds I'm getting a "most popular girl in school" vibe from this- Cleo has more money than you, more culture than you, more shiny stuff than you, everyone wants to be her friend and she'll only like you if you're the strongest civ around.
    What an amazing civ to interact with! I hope they are all as compelling as this!

11. Sagax

Sagax Emperor

Pigeonholing the entire UA into interacting with one specific civ that might not even be in your game? Eh...

OR: she already has interaction with Rome if the latter's unique is related to trade routes as well. "All roads lead to Rome", after all.

12. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

It's okay, part of Caesar's agenda will be to ally with Egypt at all cost. ;)

13. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

dude it's a cartoon

;)

14. DeutschDachs

DeutschDachs Emperor

True her makeup looks terrible and her helmet is kind of odd :D

But she does bring some nice swagger to make up for it at least

15. nunor

nunor King

A cartoon some of our peers already fell in love with... :mischief:

16. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

Why do people use that term "cartoon" to signfy "cheapness?"

There's plenty of beautifully drawn cartoons ya'll.

17. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

I wasn't trying to signify "cheapness" necessarily, just "non-human" and "not even three dimensional." :D

18. MIS

MIS Prince

Some of the Civ5 cartoons were less ugly.

19. MIS

MIS Prince

My guess: in CivBE putting a city on flood plains would destroy the flood plains (which were regarded as a "feature", like forests). I guess for all other civs, building on flood plains leaves desert. Why that's important, I don't know. Worked flood plains give more food that desert, but I'm not sure that matters if you're building anyway.

20. Acken

Acken Deity

I wonder what is their gold bonus on trade routes. External were often viewed as pretty bad due to their poor yields compared to raw food. Especially early game.
    Seeing 7gold 1science vs 1f 1h is definetely good but I wonder how much the base is and if gold is still valued from 4:1 to 3:1 in the game.