Fall patch is out

- Added "Restart Game" option to game menu. This option lets you restart the game and generate a new map using your current pregame settings. It's only available at Turn 0.

Waiting for this since day 1. Thank you!

I'm now starting to see the grey tiles appearing late game on a Large map, especially just after loading a savegame. They disappear pretty quickly but I didn't have them before the patch. Kind of hilarious given that this is a 2-month-old machine which can handle Skyrim on max settings... but with CiV it gets the grey squares :lol:

I'm now starting to see the grey tiles appearing late game on a Large map, especially just after loading a savegame. They disappear pretty quickly but I didn't have them before the patch. Kind of hilarious given that this is a 2-month-old machine which can handle Skyrim on max settings... but with CiV it gets the grey squares :lol:

yes I noticed this too for Huge map late game. After an hour or so the tiles become gray or 1 tile turn pink or some tiles have weird black color with red dots. Hopefully this is patch problem and not my graphic card dying.

textures rendering/loading it seems. They disappear when the terrain is rendered

I get this inthe late game too. Especially from a freshly loaded save

I get some weird graphical corruption in DX9 which seems to occur when I try to make a ranged attack. The rendered arrow pointing at the unit to attack starts to smear, and then it seems like the lighting for everything gets messed up, and the text scrambles randomly. I see lots of red and white checker patches (missing texture/shader?) and if I zoom out, the whole screen goes to random solid colors. The problem still exists if I save and return to the main menu. Sorry, but it doesn't seem to crash, so I can't provide a dump. If there's a way to force a crash dump, let me know.

In DX10/11 I get a crash at the main menu screen. It appears, and then I can usually mouse over a few options before it freezes and crashes. A dump of this situation is attached.

Attachments

• menucrash.zip
    30.1 KB · Views: 67
I am well aware of the existence of those subfora. They do not negate the usefulness of a new maintained thread regarding the new patch.

I don't see any advantage to maintaining such a thread. This one is adequate for reporting bugs to our friendly 2k developer. A thread in the bugs and/or tech support forum would be ideal for helping players troubleshoot new problems. Finally, we have a thread for initial thoughts about the new patch and a few others about specific new changes. Why bother maintaining another thread besides those?

I don't think there's a big difference between looking through a list in a thread, or looking through the first page of a subforum (it's not really more than 1 page).

I get some weird graphical corruption in DX9 which seems to occur when I try to make a ranged attack. The rendered arrow pointing at the unit to attack starts to smear

Please update your graphics drivers, it might be enough.

So after playing for more than 500 turns and getting some pretty good combat and political situations here is my report.

Grey Squares: It seems to me these appear the first time that the computer renders an area. So like when I firt turn on the game and start scrolling accross the map I will get the grey squares as it renders but then its fine after that.

Graphics are fine. Have no problem puppetting cities. Have no problems restarting games from saves. Am not using any mods currently.

I did notice what I think is a bug with the re-location procedure. I am playing as Elizabeth so have a pretty huge NAVY. Have conquerered many cities so far. Probably more than 100. Every time I raze one Hiawatha builds two. The bug happens when I leave a destroyer or melee ship in a city after it gets razed. According to the release notes it is supposed to put in the nearest available space however it did not do this. It put the ships in a city about 20 hexes away, (and basically on the other side of the continent/ or world).

I have also noticed that the units are taking some pretty crazy paths to things. Preferring to go three hexes out odf the way rather than using a road, or jumping into the ocean rather than move on land.

Other than that everything is great. Game seems to be moving fast. Great Patch.

textures rendering/loading it seems. They disappear when the terrain is rendered

I get this inthe late game too. Especially from a freshly loaded save

I have always gotten this - momentary layer canvases until it either catches up or when I pan to the area. Sometimes it's just the last layer details (like resources) and sometimes it's the base layer that it has to start with. I don't have the fastest card out there. I get this in other games too and I think in Civ4 too.

The card is old enough that the drivers are on maintenance-release schedule.

And that's the problem most people are having with graphics drivers. Manually go to the site (nvidia, etc.), put in your card and OS and get the latest driver. For nvidia, it would be an October driver.

Wow, it is amazing how smooth the gameplay is now. I have had no other crashes or anything at all. Atm, I am playing my modded scenario. Turns were flying by so fast, I lost track of time. :lol:

And that's the problem most people are having with graphics drivers. Manually go to the site (nvidia, etc.), put in your card and OS and get the latest driver. For nvidia, it would be an October driver.

No, seriously, if I go to the AMD site, and put in the card I have, it says that the latest version is 12.6, and I have version 12.6.

Wow, it is amazing how smooth the gameplay is now. I have had no other crashes or anything at all. Atm, I am playing my modded scenario. Turns were flying by so fast, I lost track of time. :lol:

Yeah noticed big performance enhances in scrolling especially in the late game on large maps.

Top Bottom