Fall patch is out

Could we finally get the railroad bonus apply to your capital as well? At least in my games my capital is always one of my most important production cities and the huge 25% really drops it behind in the end game and well this design choice doesn't make any sense to me at least.

Played an emperor game and invaded leading Arabia. Was going easy, then he showed up with a navy at my continent. Led by 2 empty carriers....

Why can´t the devs do something simple, like 2 bombers and a fighter on intercept?

At the same time, why do they never use a fighter and put it on intercept, it´s such an easy defense mechanism and would do alot for gameplay when invading their land.

Lastly, still empty citadels, tell the AI to put a machinegun in maybe?

I mean these fixes are basic, it just has to do this and this, not like it demands a chess genius, it´s set peaces for christ sake.

You may regret that decision with all the problems with this patch.

I'd wager that those affected by bugs and crashes are a small minority compared to the overall player base.

For me, the changes are worth a few minor bugs (e.g. the Danish UA not working properly).

I'm confused by all the initials, UU, UA, etc, being used. Is there a thread somewhere that explains all the abbreviations used?

Could we finally get the railroad bonus apply to your capital as well? At least in my games my capital is always one of my most important production cities and the huge 25% really drops it behind in the end game and well this design choice doesn't make any sense to me at least.

I don't think it would be quite right for the capital to get an instant bonus once you get railroad, you at least have to work for the other cities. But it should get something. Maybe the capital could get an X% bonus for every city connected to the capital by a railroad. Capped at Y% so huge empires don't wind up with a 300% bonus or something dumb of course.

Hi guys, i don't know if you have the same problem but after the new patch every time i use MOD the game download all mod already installed and it's quite annoying because certain mod are big and i want not to click every single mod to re-enable them .

Another thing, if there is an update for amod, i cannot use anymore that mod in current game, why? why i can not chose to wait to update and continue my game with all mod activated ?

Perhaps there is some set-up to do, i will thank you for any response.

Bye

Hi guys, i don't know if you have the same problem but after the new patch every time i use MOD the game download all mod already installed and it's quite annoying because certain mod are big and i want not to click every single mod to re-enable them .

Another thing, if there is an update for amod, i cannot use anymore that mod in current game, why? why i can not chose to wait to update and continue my game with all mod activated ?

Perhaps there is some set-up to do, i will thank you for any response.

Bye

Don`t download the Mods off Steam. Manually install. I simply am not having this redownload problem. Probably helps if you don`t always connect Online - stay in Offline mode (disconnect from net too). The only problem I get is that I just have to `retick` the Mod with each session.

But I know I waste my time. Some people are so addicted to steam they simply won`t look at the, frankly easy, alternative.

I don't think it would be quite right for the capital to get an instant bonus once you get railroad, you at least have to work for the other cities. But it should get something. Maybe the capital could get an X% bonus for every city connected to the capital by a railroad. Capped at Y% so huge empires don't wind up with a 300% bonus or something dumb of course.

Well the way I would imagine it working is you connecting your first city to your capital would give the bonus to them both.

well I stopped playing around t70 with no problems on emporer. Scrolling and navigation was greatly improved!! The game feels faster and smoother as well. Me like so far :)

That problem has a long thread in the tech support area, but we still have no clue how to get around it :/.

No work-around for this annoying one, but we're correcting it on our end. We'll keep you posted.

But I know I waste my time. Some people are so addicted to steam they simply won`t look at the, frankly easy, alternative.

It still doesn't solve the problem that you have to re-enable all the mods each time you want to reload a modded game. This would not be so much of an issue if there were, say, an "Enable All" option.

There's also the fact that certain mods, like Whoward's, are only available through the Steam Workshop.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but is it possible at all to roll back a patch? I actually backed up my entire Steamapps directory before the patch came out. Would copying over the current civ 5 folder work? I might give it a go.

No offense, I appreciate the patch and all, but I'm sick of reloading every 3 turns to clear the graphical errors I get.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but is it possible at all to roll back a patch? I actually backed up my entire Steamapps directory before the patch came out. Would copying over the current civ 5 folder work? I might give it a go.

No offense, I appreciate the patch and all, but I'm sick of reloading every 3 turns to clear the graphical errors I get.

I tried that once but it didn't work for me.

Could some body please link me to a thread with all of the confirmed bugs in the current version (such as the Denmark UA). I've looked in the bug reports and can't find it. :( Thanks in advance.

There's no real thread like that, but you can really just take a look at the bug reports (and tech support) forum, and nearly everything since the 1st is related to the patch.

No work-around for this annoying one, but we're correcting it on our end. We'll keep you posted.

Ah, thanks :hatsoff:, good to know.

According to someone a page ago, team will update you to the current patch, no matter what, so the only option for this would be to undo this patch for everyone until it gets fixed.

I would be in favor of such a move. Even if it is a minority of people with critical problems, no one had any game breaking problems last patch.

I actually had Theodora do something in my Deity game taht I've never seen before; demand gold from me and DoW me when I refused. It was really unexpected and kinda cool, but also pretty dumb because I brutally crushed her unpromoted inferior-tech army.

Has anyone else had this happen?

Top Bottom