Fall patch is out

CiV downloaded data when I started today. An unannounced hot-fix? (Version number stayed at 1.0.2.13)
Maybe some of the issues mentioned here are solved already? Does anybody know anything?

If it has it didn't fix the mod problem.

Havent posted here for a long time!

Really enjoying Gods & Kings - until this last patch. My previous saved game wouldnt load. Fair enough I thought. However, new games are now crashing at random times - especially on the barbarians 'turn' (this new patch lets you see what the computer is doing when waiting for your turn of course).

I thought I should update my graphics drivers as I noticed it being a bit sluggish to load all the graphics upon scrolling. Did that and noticed it was much better straight away - and it didnt crash. Managed to play about 2 hours? and then it crashed again - on the barbarians turn again.

Hopefully there will be a fix for this soon?

My laptop isnt exactly high powered but I managed to play for ages on previous games before this patch with not much problem (slower as game goes along of course). Specs are I5/6gb ram/W7/Radeon 6370M 1gb.

Havent posted here for a long time!

Really enjoying Gods & Kings - until this last patch. My previous saved game wouldnt load. Fair enough I thought. However, new games are now crashing at random times - especially on the barbarians 'turn' (this new patch lets you see what the computer is doing when waiting for your turn of course).

I thought I should update my graphics drivers as I noticed it being a bit sluggish to load all the graphics upon scrolling. Did that and noticed it was much better straight away - and it didnt crash. Managed to play about 2 hours? and then it crashed again - on the barbarians turn again.

Hopefully there will be a fix for this soon?

My laptop isnt exactly high powered but I managed to play for ages on previous games before this patch with not much problem (slower as game goes along of course). Specs are I5/6gb ram/W7/Radeon 6370M 1gb.

I'd suggest using the option to validate game files in Steam.

I'd suggest using the option to validate game files in Steam.

Done that. Like someone else said, every time you validate it updates two files. Next time you check it does same thing.

I just managed to play about an hour before it crashed (just freezes the screen). I think it may be something to do with memory? I would have thought 6gb would be enough - it was before this patch. Up to it actually crashing everything is fine, runs nice and fast, wait between turns is fine. :mad:

Really needs a fix I think!

Does it crash while performing a ranged attack?
Do you play in Dx9 or Dx11 mode?

DX9 mode. Not during ranged attack. Always seems to be whilst waiting for my turn. Usually when its the barbarians turn but the last one happened just before my turn with a city state notifying me of something.

Earlier on I was doing other stuff on the laptop and tried loading my save - only worked for a couple of turns.

Tried loading the game straight after a cold reboot and it worked for about an hour.

Every time I check Steam to validate files it finds two that need doing as I mentioned above.

Everything was working fine before this patch.

A lot of folks are reporting persistent problems on DX9. Have you tried/can you run DX10/11? I gave up on DX9, but haven't had any stability problems with 10/11.

I'd suggest that you still try the Dx11 mode, since the guys from Firaxis made quite some improvements on the graphics part (and your card is theoretically also capable of it).

It seems to be a memory issue for me :dunno:. 32 bit or 64 bit Win7?
Is anything else memory heavy running in the background?

I'd suggest that you still try the Dx11 mode, since the guys from Firaxis made quite some improvements on the graphics part (and your card is theoretically also capable of it).

It seems to be a memory issue for me :dunno:. 32 bit or 64 bit Win7?
Is anything else memory heavy running in the background?

Im running 64bit Win7.

Nothing else memory heavy in background.

It wont let me play DX11 mode - that is greyed out, I presumed my card couldnt run it?

I guess it says "requires Servicepack 2 or higher", yes?
Please check if Steam or Civ5 have been installed in Vista compatibility mode.
How to? Make a right click on the .exe -> properties -> compatibility tab, and uncheck the checkbox for compatibility mode.

How to? Make a right click on the .exe -> properties -> compatibility tab, and uncheck the checkbox for compatibility mode.

Thanks for the help! :)

Yes, it was in Vista compatibility mode. Ive unchecked this on Steam now and its now saying servicepack 3. As soon as I can (cant right now!) Ill load Civ 5 from Steam and see if I can load the DX11 one.

Im hoping that I can come back here later and say thanks very much!

Did the above - thanks! Now Ive got the DX11 one running. Its definitely a bit slower and scrolls jerkily now but when I checked graphics settings, most of them were on high. So Ive set them all on medium and will reload my current game again later and see if there any problems.

Thanks again! :)

I just took over a capital and had all of the options available. I first puppeted and then I annexed.

Thanks again! :goodjob:

All working fine now and I have better graphics too! Just managed to switch the damn thing off (civ addiction is back!) :cool::cry::blush:;)

dang. i just reinstalled civ v and ran the validator. still says 2 files not validated, doesnt say which, and says they will be reacquires but doesnt reacquire them. i have no mods (deleted the clock mod before reinstall). i use win7 and divx 9 and i dont get the option to use 10/11 with steam even though i have them installed for other programs. it is grayed out and neither steam nor civ let me enable it to try it out. the reinstall did fix some graphical problems but not the freezes.

I'm having the same problem with my game. I can't get past 4 games without the game crashing, and it happens either between turns, or when I try to go into range mode. What the heck did they do to break this game?!?!

Any ETA when the next patch or (better) fix will arrive so we can annex/raze/puppet city?

After the patch I can only raze city.

Hehe, I cannot even do that. And of course liberating CS doesn't work either. But on the other hand the unhappiness system when annecting conquered cities got broken as well, so with the AI ICSing cities like a lunatic my last Immortal game I had like 100 cities with 300 happiness per turn (Order opener, Liberty and Rationalism branches completed). But then choosing ten cities to produce sth every single turn makes the game unplayable - just clicking next turn does not even compare :)

dang. i just reinstalled civ v and ran the validator. still says 2 files not validated, doesnt say which, and says they will be reacquires but doesnt reacquire them. i have no mods (deleted the clock mod before reinstall). i use win7 and divx 9 and i dont get the option to use 10/11 with steam even though i have them installed for other programs. it is grayed out and neither steam nor civ let me enable it to try it out. the reinstall did fix some graphical problems but not the freezes.

See above! You need to right click the Steam prog and untick the Vista compatibility mode thing. Im no expert on this (can you tell? ;)) but it worked for me!

Thanks again to the people above who helped me out - I'll blame you for the 5 hours playing Civ and not getting anything else done yesterday! ;) :D

Top Bottom