FFH - Some Orcs Are Bigger Than Others

Fair enough, might as well get as much value from the GE as possible. Is there a bulb chart for FfH techs anywhere?
Lurker comment

There are bulb charts for every GP in the appendix of the manual.

End lurker comment

Had a look. We're going nowhere slowly at the moment. Bulb warrens and warrior rush seems to be the least bad option (or just warrior spam and save GE).

A mere 43 turns for masonry breaking even at a magnificent 7bpt.

I guess we can try at the Kurios with a bunch of Warriors and our Drill Archer guy.

Do we bulb masonry, build warrens then build warriors or save GE, build warriors and rely on capture gold to finish off masonry? It may depend on how many warriors we can build per warren (i.e. on a strict hammer comparison) compared to how many warriors we'll need for a rush (12+?).

Played a long but totally tedious set up to T191.

Braduk has a warren and has been building warriors, other 2 cities have naff production and are still a long way from warrens.

Bulbed masonry and researching mining, every warrior built delays it further, still 9 turns away!
We're paying 13gpt unit maintenace.

Got 12 warriors stacked ready for nearest Kuriorates city (hilltop, 3 defending warriors).

Lanun founded Octopus Overlords T 178.
Elohim founded Runic Kilmorph T 188.

Attack and die quickly (or make progress) or not attack, fall further behind and die slowly.

Attachments

• Jonas Endain AD-0191.CivBeyondSwordSave
    325.2 KB · Views: 236
Good job, pigswill, Thrar seems to be next, if he's still with us.

I'm still here, although tbh the game feels a bit stale to me. It just doesn't feel like we're going anywhere or we even have a plan, and I don't have any particular suggestions either. Still, I'll take a look at the save later and see what I could do next.

Up to now the game has been screwed by our phenomenally poor research rate. Capturing the occasional city should give us some gold to pick things up a bit but its true we don't have much of a strategy.

T0 - Change build to settler in Braduk. More warriors are too costly and anyway we shouldn't delay our attack any longer.

T1 - Warriors move out. Our worker moves towards the wine, that appears to be the only thing he can currently do.

T2 - nothing of interest

T3 - Now or never. We declare war on Cardith Lorda and move in with our 12 warriors.

T4 - CL's city gets a border pop. Yay.

Everybody dies and CL has a warrior at strength 1 left standing. I end my set here and suggest abandoning the game.

Attachments

• Jonas Endain AD-0195.CivBeyondSwordSave
    330.8 KB · Views: 142
Lurker comment

That's quite a shame. I've had a lot of fun following this game :(

End lurker comment

Thrar, did you use our Drill Archer? If yes, then it sucks.

Is either of you interested in playing this game? (Sorry Oz for spamming the tread :blush:)

Lurker comment
I do not think you need to abandon the game already. I think it is still winnable. It is not like warriors are the most overpowered thing FFH has.

Top Bottom