Firaxis Livestream - Wednesday Aug 3 at 1pm PT (4pm ET/10pm CET)

So you use the standard Great People system. So if I'm understanding correctly, future religions (not pantheons) will effectively become more expensive since Great People get more expensive over time.

it also means we now have visibility into how close other civs are to popping a religion, since there is a progress tracker for the great people.

We still don't know how many great people there are (total, not how many types), or why there is an era attached to each on yet, do we? I've been trying to figure that out. I can't imagine only 1 per era because that seems like not enough. But from screenshots it's clear that the cost is directly tied to the era depicted.

Here's a quick summary of info from the livestream taken from this thread:

-Tobacco is a luxury resource
-Any card can go in the wildcard government policy slot
-Promoting a unit completely heals the unit but also ends its turn. Promotions can be saved for a strategic heal but no more XP is earned while it's saved.
-Barbarian camps near horses will spawn cavalry units
-During map generation one continent is created for every 2 civs. Multiple continents can share the same landmass.
-Repair action does not use a builder charge, but does end its turn
-City founding order is not static. Only the first city name is the same every time.
-Pillaging improvements/districts provides yields based on the type of improvement/district pillaged (i.e. pillaging a campus will give you science)
-Hills provide elevation to shoot over obstacles
-There is only anarchy when switching back to a previously used government. No penalty for switching to a new government
-Sean Bean will be voicing all tech and civic quotes, plus will be voicing wonder movies
-Civ unique districts are roughly 1/2 the cost of normal districts
-Pantheons do not become progressively more expensive as more are founded
-You can levy allied CS militaries to take control of their units.
-City states will provide yield bonuses to districts based on alliance level and CS type (i.e. Science CS will provide +science to the campus)
-Still no civilian stacking
-Unit purchase price increases the more units of that type you rushbuy
-Growth slows dramatically as you approach max housing (i.e. if you're at 4/5)...still unknown what happens when you hit max housing.
-Ancient/Classical units are not as expensive to maintain as more modern units
-Bonus resources can be harvested by builders for a production boost (removes them from the tile like forests)
-Fresh water gives more housing than salt water

Again, screenshot album for those who missed the stream.

We still don't know how many great people there are (total, not how many types), or why there is an era attached to each on yet, do we? I've been trying to figure that out. I can't imagine only 1 per era because that seems like not enough. But from screenshots it's clear that the cost is directly tied to the era depicted.

When they were mousing over the Great General something was said about 2 attributes of GP. The bonuses afforded, and a Retirement Date. He was considered retired after his eras had passed. He had a small bonus on retirement (like +1 combat to 1 unit or something)

-Promoting a unit completely heals the unit but also ends its turn. Promotions can be saved for a strategic heal but no more XP is earned while it's saved.
-During map generation one continent is created for every 2 civs. Multiple continents can share the same landmass.
-City founding order is not static. Only the first city name is the same every time.
-Pillaging improvements/districts provides yields based on the type of improvement/district pillaged (i.e. pillaging a campus will give you science)
-There is only anarchy when switching back to a previously used government. No penalty for switching to a new government
-Sean Bean will be voicing all tech and civic quotes, plus will be voicing wonder movies
-City states will provide yield bonuses to districts based on alliance level and CS type (i.e. Science CS will provide +science to the campus)
-Growth slows dramatically as you approach max housing (i.e. if you're at 4/5)...still unknown what happens when you hit max housing.
-Bonus resources can be harvested by builders for a production boost (removes them from the tile like forests)

I'm really enjoying the dynamic terrain changes, means it shouldn't be anightmare like it was in Civ 5.

When they were mousing over the Great General something was said about 2 attributes of GP. The bonuses afforded, and a Retirement Date. He was considered retired after his eras had passed. He had a small bonus on retirement (like +1 combat to 1 unit or something)

From seeing mouseovers on other GPs, I believe retirement is special to generals and admirals since unlike other GPs, you tend to not use them up right away.

Anyone know what the two new religious icons are--the crab and the cow?

Was also wondering this. As far as I know, cows are associated most often with Hinduism, which is taken already, and crabs aren't really religious symbols at all.

More likely they are generic religions taken from the astrological signs (Cancer and Taurus)

Was also wondering this. As far as I know, cows are associated most often with Hinduism, which is taken already, and crabs aren't really religious symbols at all.

More likely they are generic religions taken from the astrological signs (Cancer and Taurus)

I considered that as well. The bull could also symbolize either Egyptian or Sumerian religion. Also noticed that Orthodoxy seems to be missing--unless the cross on the far right is a Syriac cross and Protestantism is hidden by the screen.

1 hour. Do you think they'll change the information given since there were violations of the NDA? Also, potentially a new civ? Since Pedro doesn't seem to be the religious civ they had referred to online.

Where did they said the civ is a religious one?

Thanks so much for the summary. Great job! :goodjob:

Where they said the civ is a religious one?

I think people were assuming that Brazil would be the religious civ since we knew that the livestream today would talk about religion. But as it turns out, Brazil is not the religious civ, Ed B just took advantage of a great holy site location to get a Great Prophet quickly and thus use it to demonstrate how religion works. But Ed B specifically says in the live stream today that there is a civ, not announced yet, that is the best at religion.

I think people were assuming that Brazil would be the religious civ since we knew that the livestream today would talk about religion. But as it turns out, Brazil is not the religious civ, Ed B just took advantage of a great holy site location to get a Great Prophet quickly and thus use it to demonstrate how religion works. But Ed B specifically says in the live stream today that there is a civ, not announced yet, that is the best at religion.

Actually, he said that there is more than one religion-focused civ and that they'd reveal them later on.

BTW, I am not sure that Brazil is all that good at religion.

Sure, they got a great start producing Faith, but how does that translate to getting Great Prophet Points? Did they Patronize the Great Prophet with Faith?

For anyone coming in late here's the full album of screenshots I've been taking throughout.

On the very first screenshot in that album, notice the mouseover, particularly the continent name, Pangaea. Ok, now recall the part they talked about continents and how you have about 2 continents per civ etc and the land is divided up even on a pangaea map etc. During that part of the discussion, they moused over a tile and showed they were on Mu continent, then went to England's territory and showed Pangaea continent. Are the tiles randomly given a continent name or is there an imaginary line drawn somewhere? Did they ever show the "continent lens" that they mentioned because the placement of that Pangaea tile in the screenshot seems really strange to me, considering a nearby tile is Mu and England, way to the NW is also Pangaea.

Probably India, and either Spain and/or Arabia.

Or even all three--we have at least three wonder-focused civs, after all.

I didn't see the whole video, was there any discussion of amenities and how they work, also any more mechanic details found? For example, science/pop mechanics? Also, any indication of National Wonders at all?

Got the Agenda for France:
Black Queen
Get lots of spies and diplomatic access, don't like civs that ignore espionage.

Attachments

• France agenda.jpg
    France agenda.jpg
    480.2 KB · Views: 1,571
On the very first screenshot in that album, notice the mouseover, particularly the continent name, Pangaea. Ok, now recall the part they talked about continents and how you have about 2 continents per civ etc and the land is divided up even on a pangaea map etc. During that part of the discussion, they moused over a tile and showed they were on Mu continent, then went to England's territory and showed Pangaea continent. Are the tiles randomly given a continent name or is there an imaginary line drawn somewhere? Did they ever show the "continent lens" that they mentioned because the placement of that Pangaea tile in the screenshot seems really strange to me, considering a nearby tile is Mu and England, way to the NW is also Pangaea.

They never showed a "continent lense", although it seems like that would be pretty important to have. It looks like the continents are contiguous, but where the dividing line is isn't clear yet.

I didn't see the whole video, was there any discussion of amenities and how they work, also any more mechanic details found? For example, science/pop mechanics? Also, any indication of National Wonders at all?

Nothing on National Wonders yet, and no details on science/pop. The only details about amenities is that having negative amenities will significantly slow population growth as well as decrease other yields (like production). Essentially a local happiness mechanic.

Top Bottom