Glassman: Do you know what Nazis are?
Carlin: It will not wear — no, sir, wait a second —
Glassman: Do you know what Nazis are? Do you know what fas-
cists are?

Carlin:
When fascism comes to America, it will not be in brown and
black shirts. It will not be with jack-boots. It will be Nike sneak-
ers and Smiley shirts. Smiley-smiley. Fascism — Germany lost the
Second World War. Fascism won it. Believe me, my friend.
Maher: And actually, fascism is when corporations become the gov-
ernment.
Carlin: Yes. 1

2 Liberal FASCISM

Outside of a few academic seminars, this is about as intelligent as
discussions about fascism get in America. Angry left-wingers shout
that all those to their right, particularly corporate fat cats and the
politicians who love them, are fascists. Meanwhile, besieged conser-
vatives sit dumbfounded by the nastiness of the slander.

..."
Quoted from 'Liberal Fascism'
What is Fascism?

'Liberal Fascism'
I mean, there literally cannot be 'liberal fascism' as both liberalism -classical and modern American- and fascism explicitly frame themselves as opposites to each other.

That's just a tautology. Obviously, people can be convinced to become fascist while thinking they are liberal. It's a series of stepwise dissonance, or appealing to the very worst of the subtypes of people.

Calling them 'liberal fascists' will fail to properly convince. But a person can definitely behave as a fascist while thinking they're a liberal, if they're misinformed about the definitions of either

So, rumours are now out that Trump agreed to be quiet about Hong Kong in order to not disrupt the trade negotiations.

So we will find out if some democracies are more valuable than others, in the commodified sense. Especially for the voters who believed Bannon's line that he was on the side of the citizenry.

Last edited:
Quoted from 'Liberal Fascism'
What is Fascism?
May I ask what the point of this post is? There seems to be a disconnect between your post and the previous flow of the thread.

Which ties into what I wanted to tell red_elk. There's people posting news articles about a state practising genocidal, culturicidal, terroristic practices against its people. You do not address the issue but instead point out that a different publication has published false information regarding another subject.
I was addressing an issue of fair reporting, which has also been discussed in this thread for couple of pages. Western media news reports about China are biased and cannot be fully trusted. My example was an illustration of very similar bias against my country.

Yes, my point was kind of "shooting the messenger", some people in this very thread claimed that there is nothing wrong with anti-Chinese propaganda, that China doesn't deserve fair reporting.
No, all aforementioned doesn't mean I'm ok with genocidal practices or terrorism wherever it occurs.

I mean, there literally cannot be 'liberal fascism' as both liberalism -classical and modern American- and fascism explicitly frame themselves as opposites to each other.
May I suggest you read the excerpts in the book illustration.

Hong Kong Face Mask ban starting Saturday.

Hong Kong Face Mask ban starting Saturday.

Outrageous! Police should only be allowed to downvote Facebook posts. If protesters choose to use violent means, the same protesters should also get to choose the consequences because that's the way the world works in REALITY (tm).

HKers earned their privileged status when British Imperialists seized part of China in a fair fight. For the CCP to now tell lies shows an appalling disrespect for the Queen of England and all she represents. :p

I am not convinced it would help if Trump got noisy about Hong Kong.
When he agreed to be quiet, was he trying to do the PRC a favor, or Hong Kong?

This is a guy who thought slinging the word 'treason' about was to his political advantage

It probably wouldn't but whens that ever stopped Trump from weighing in?

President George Bush senior decided not to carry the Gulf War on to Baghdad.
His administration encouraged the marsh Arabs to rise up against Saddam Hussein.
They rose up expecting US help. The US did not help, and the uprising was crushed.

It is perhaps possible that Donald Trump has better judgement than to stir the Kong Kong pot.

The evils of religious extremism are not limited to eastern religions. :)

But far eastern religions' extremism has so far escaped the world's attention.

But far eastern religions' extremism has so far escaped the world's attention.
It has been mostly ignored in the west where most people pretend that Christianity is the only real religion. ;)

So, rumours are now out that Trump agreed to be quiet about Hong Kong in order to not disrupt the trade negotiations.

Yeah, that has me pretty upset. I've made it clear that I think China should be opposed at every conceivable opportunity, so I certainly don't think we should be kowtowing to them for the sake of a trade deal.

It has been mostly ignored in the west where most people pretend that Christianity is the only real religion. ;)

I don't think it's that so much as Eastern religious extremism is a largely regional issue. Where as the three major Judeo-Christian religions' extremism tend to be global problems due to how widespread they are.

Don't get me wrong. I think someone could easily make the case Trump being quiet was to their advantage. I just don't think the intent was to help them. I don't think the base would tolerate the cost of Trump supporting Hong Kong.

Looks like China is going to cancel all NBA broadcasts this year because a GM tweeted "support Hong Kong."

I'm curious what the woke crowd thinks about this.
Is the pc thing to do here fall in line or support freedom?

Billions of dollars and decades of work are on the line for the NBA.

Remember, your opinions on this probably won't get you fired from your global company.
We are all anonymous cartoon avatars.

Looks like China is going to cancel all NBA broadcasts this year because a GM tweeted "support Hong Kong."

I'm curious what the woke crowd thinks about this.
Is the pc thing to do here fall in line or support freedom?

Billions of dollars and decades of work are on the line for the NBA.

Remember, your opinions on this probably won't get you fired from your global company.
We are all anonymous cartoon avatars.
I think I may be a little old to be "woke", though I may still be able to describe myself as "right on". It seems there is no question here, if you want to do the right thing you should support freedom, no matter the cost to your employer.

Top Bottom