GOP and Surprise Sex

You know, I agree with Contre. If abortion is murder and you are willing to punish abortion as if it were murder, there cannot possibly be any mitigation for rape. Ectopic pregnancy is clearly a life-or-death health issue already and miscarriage usually can't be helped, but if abortion = murder, rape does not justify murder.

You know, I agree with Contre. If abortion is murder and you are willing to punish abortion as if it were murder, there cannot possibly be any mitigation for rape. Ectopic pregnancy is clearly a life-or-death health issue already and miscarriage usually can't be helped, but if abortion = murder, rape does not justify murder.

Well, yeah.. But viewing abortion as murder is silly.

I completely agree, but if you're going to hold an extreme view, be damn well consistent, otherwise people will assume (probably quite rightly) that you have ulterior motives that you're not disclosing.

Actually you don't have to worship him. That would be futile. Obeying him is a different matter. This may come out very wrong, but keeping it biblical god could care less what people do who do not accept him. They were already killing their own unborn and even born babies. That was their worship to god. It seems to me that a society that starts worshipping god, tends to do their own thing up until the time they start killing their unborn and innocent living. I doubt that in a modern society they do so out of worship to any god, but they do it as a sacrifice to materialism, which is a god in itself. Pro-choice is an excuse to ease the conscious. Legalizing it just took away the personal responsability part.

When people who claim to know different get up and talk about it, have no more clue on the subject because now it is politicised do so at their own peril. Rape is wrong and abortion is wrong and saying it any other way, will come out wrong.

It should be a personal choice, that each person needs to work through with a professional counselor, not rely on the government to make it easier to go through. Or now being just another part of the economic machinery.

Let me try to understand this correctly so that I dont make myself look like a bully.
Religons which kill there young and unborn in the worship of God, and are non Christians are ok to kill and murder as long as they are not of the Christian faith ?

God never ever would demand the ritual sacrifice of the young or unborn. By slitting he/she throat and allowing the blood drain out in the proscribed fashion. God would never ask or want anyone to murder the unborn or innocent not even as a test.

Christian stance on Abortion for centuaries past would never ever had allowed the position of abortion pre-quickening.

Abortion is WRONG
Killing women and aborting there unborn is RIGHT, If they are not of Christian faith, have a history of abortion, do not follow a God who would never, ever ask hes faithful to carry out the Murder of innocent unborn.

Abortion should be an individuals Choice but not the business of the government to interfer with ? Which is why abortion should be banned and enforced by the government ?

This is the most contridictory and illogical argument yet.

FriendlyFire I'm not sure he is getting his point across very well. It seems like he is arguing that if someone doesn't care what the (As Christians believe) God thinks then a Christian isn't going to achieve anything trying to stop them from disobeying God's will. The Christian God did demand this sacrifice from Moses (Methinks you are trying to trap him) I could be wrong so if he clarifies better please don't use my words to attack him.

Personally I agree with the argument for all abortion being murder but I've also seen the unintended consequences of laws banning something that half the population think should be legal... I think the best compromise would be have the Government get out of medicine and not pay for any abortions at all but let them be legal, safe and RARE. (P.S. AFAIK the last sentence is roughly what Romney claims is his position is on the issue)

Nope!

No one compromises when (born) humans are murdered, presumably, so why compromise when "murdering" unborn humans?

Sure they do. What someone could consider Murder might be called "Self-Defense" or "Manslaughter" or "3rd Degree Murder". We are making comprises with murder all the time.

So an innocent human life, even in the form of a fertilised egg one day old, should be cruelly and maliciously snuffed out, simply because it occurred due to a forced sexual encounter? Either it's a monstrous sin that should be punished with the death sentence... or it isn't.

Cegman's point is correct - we do admit in law that there are times when deliberately killing another human being is punished less severely than others, so the argument that 'killing is murder' isn't quite enough. Saying 'the mitigating circumstances aren't ever sufficient to justify downgrading it from full-on murder' is different, and in my view requires far more backup.

Arakhor. Things are never black and white. Is that child a threat to the mother? Is she the kind of person that could live with the product of the rape? Is she the kind of person that would be saved by the product of rape? For some women they claim the only reason they didn't kill themselves is because of the child that was produced through that horrible act. To me that is God working to help these women. This wouldn't be the case for all women though. You can't just treat all cases the same. We don't treat any crime the same all the time and if we start to that is when things will start getting REALLY SCARY.

I think there are better ways to handle any situation than abortion but banning abortion will lead to worse situations and back alley abortions and possibly "accidental" infanticide. These are just as bad on more likely to lead to worse problems. I am of the opinion that we should minimize legislation and try to form it to cause the least amount of damage to society.

Fair enough. Of course, I don't support such a wildly extreme position and I'm certainly not in favour of banning abortion, but people who maintain such a position should certainly examine their reasons for this very carefully before doing so.

Romney is still supporting Mourdock. They have also got behind a lot of these other extreme right-wing candidates. They totally blew their chances of winning a majority in the Senate by putting these Tea Party people in top slots. Had they gone with the level headed moderates they could have won more seats.

Romney on the extreme right?

It varies from day to day with Romney. Rest assured, if elected he would more than likely tow the party line and try hard not to rock the boat in order to remain in power for another 4 years.

His party is full of anti-intellectual/anti-science freaks. They would push back the fight against climate change and roll back social/economic progress.

It varies from day to day with Romney

True but I haven't seen any "Extreme right" from him yet. I've seen from center-left to moderate right depending on the day. I have yet to see "Extreme right."

Extreme right would be to the right of me.

Rest assured, if elected he would more than likely tow the party line and try hard not to rock the boat in order to remain in power for another 4 years.

I'm sure, which is part of why I don't really want him to get elected. He's going to get more American servicemen killed overseas.

His party is full of anti-intellectual/anti-science freaks. They would push back the fight against climate change and roll back social/economic progress.

No they wouldn't, they'd just invade another random country and demand that we support them in doing so and we wouldn't even be thinking about here.

Extreme right would be to the right of me.

I was under the impression that even you consider yourself to be extremely right-wing. Do "you" need to be Rick Santorum or Nick Griffin to qualify?

For someone who claims to dislike the Political Compass and its scales, you go on about it a lot.

Top Bottom