Guess the Map VIII: Didn't Color the Island Countries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweden makes me think of Abba, but Australia being grey rules that out, I imagine. My other thought was the Beatles (back when I made the Bieber comment), but that's just an instinct with no knowledge behind it.

Well the Beatles did go to the Phillipines and Japan !

OMG it's countries where at least one member of the Beatles snorted crack in the bathroom of the head of state at the time !

That list is just odd, all-round. In the 1965 section, they have London listed and the very next entry is Finsbury Park, which is a place in London.

That said, now that I've won a Guess-the-Map entry off my own merit, I can die a happy man or (alternatively) take my PC into the shop tomorrow to have the power supply replaced. Either way, that leaves me having to declare an open floor. :)

Since I had posted two maps in a short period of time, I was going to let somone else do it, but now to much time has gone without action.

The map isn't entirely acurate, but you should be able to get it anyway.

Attachments

• Blarg.png
    Blarg.png
    48.6 KB · Views: 120
So do they all have a +2 with each other for "You have wisely chosen your Civics"?

Indonesia doesn't have a state religion ? :hmm:

It's a weird one though: State religion.

It's pretty hard to think straight when England (but not Scotland or Wales) has a state religion, and Saudi Arabia has one too.

Is there someting wrong with that?

Islam is "state religion" in the Province of Aceh, but that's the only place.
Neah it's not strange. I just thought that with the recent anti-nonmuslim laws & violence in Indonesia lately they'd have an official state religion. But it might be confined to that province - i'm not that well informed. :)

It's odd, off the top of my head Argentina's officially catholic and (North-)Sudan's ruled by Sharia.

I believe the floor is open. This has probably been done before. It's not particularly clever.

Spoiler :

Red > Amber > Yellow > Lime Green > Blue > Grey > Purple

All countries have a value and I have tried to give each country it's value but I may have missed some countries. I won't claim to have labelled the island countries correctly, though I tried to. The blank map I used is out of date. South Sudan would be grey. I don't know if there are any other countries missing from the map.

As all countries are included, I assume this is a geographical feature?

Or population, potentially.

What do Nepal and Papua New Guinea lead the world in?

I don't want to give such hints yet, but I should state that I've only gathered the data for UN member states and UN observer states.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom