• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

IOT Hall of Fame

I think that would be a complete chaos.. oh the lulz :D

That is what I was going to basically do IOTX as...until everyone and their mother shot it down :p
I can still do it of course :p

That is what I was going to basically do IOTX as...until everyone and their mother shot it down :p
I can still do it of course :p
SK rules try1 said:
Well I now hold the rights to it so:
-No provinces
-Using a map of the world 201X, pick a country
-Your military = your country's RL military
-There is a backstory
-Always war + everyone is at war with everyone else. (Might change)
Not quite ;)

That would not be an IOT.

Are you implying that OT Poster's Empire, IOT I, and IOT III were not real IOT's? That's more or less how all of them funtioned. As time has gone on, games have become more and more complex and more and more rules have been introduced. Originally, they were free-for-alls where claims, military, and diplomacy were entirely at the mercy of people not powergaming and being good, kind players. It worked basically well.

Personally I define IOT as a game and NES as an interactive story.

All of these.

Funny considering you contributed to Fiat Lux's. :p

Hall of Fame
Iron and Blood: 5 HALL OF FAME
IOT7: 5: HALL OF FAME
Spirit of Man: 4
IOTV: 0
AAIOT: 0 (Disqualfied. Didn't last 3 turns)
Land Ho!: 0
Second American Revolution: 0
IOTIV: 0
MIOT: 0
Multipolarity: 1
Mobius Total Chaos: 0

IOT IV has 1 vote besides the nominee and MP has another vote as well if I'm not mistaken. :S

Feel free to bring your point of view into my PM box.

Iron and Blood 1 for Hall of Fame: Arguably one of the most successful games in IOT history, it ran for over half a year, survived a GM switch very well, and brought out a very believable, fun, and dynamic world due to great game-play dynamics, great players, and of course, great GM's.

IOTIV for Hall of Fame: I pinpoint IOTIV as basically the start of the modern, organized IOT. Thorvald brought control and organization to a game which before this iteration, had none. He "tamed" the wild west that was the original IOT's so to speak.

IOTIV for the Hall of Fame: partly due to the epic ANTIEDO conflict, but otherwise almost entirely due to Thorvald's impressive stewardship, for keeping the game together and making it actually memorable even after everything's gone to hell.

Also, Robert Can'ts MIOT for the Hall of Fame, as one of the more novel and imaginative IOTs out there.

Top Bottom