1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Iron and Blood 2 - Game Thread

Discussion in 'Imperium OffTopicum' started by Tee Kay, May 24, 2012.

1. SouthernKing

SouthernKing crickety cricket

TK: Unfortunately, I don't have the time to send full orders so could you just spend all my IC into expansion somehow? Thanks.

2. kiwitt

kiwitt Road to War Modder

OOC: Can't spend on expansion.

3. arya126

arya126 Squad Leader

We see we were misunderstood, and we apologize if we were not clear. We stand behind the Jews both diplomatically and militarily, although as you say, militarily is the last resort, not just in this case, but in all cases. We included that because we have heard talk of war in the diplomatic back channels in the shadows, and wished to affirm our support for the nation.

We don't like the veiled threats, if thats what they are (if they are not, then we sincerely apologize) that our secular stately affairs must fall in line with the secular affairs of the pope, although admittedly in this case secular and religious is very blurred. We of course stand behind Holy See Catholic doctrine, 100%. We shall stand by our church as the defender of the faith should the need arise. But doing what is morally right, which incidentally may be argued coincides with being religiously right in Christianity, comes before pleasing the religious with our secular affairs, if you follow us on this topic at all.

We support Israel not 100% in this; to be honest we would like to see the reforms that Istanbul has so fluidly representing. But we are also upset at the proactive stance that so many nations took against Israel in such little time, and so perhaps urgency made our declaration of support seem more than we intended. But Israel is the only one of its kind. A jewish state that is. Muslims, Christians, we both have multiple states of our religion to provide support and protection for those people even while in other nations much like we do for our nationals. We even have central authorities in the Pope and the Caliph. The Jews have a single country to call home, little central authority (take out the central authority bit if i have no idea what I'm talking about, but to my knowledge they have no papacy like organization), and throughout history have been attacked and persecuted. Your claim that nobody in this world was about to begin prosecuting Jews was contradicted immediately after that claim, when the mongolians announced the beginning of their persecution! Not too many decades ago Jews were separated form the main populace in Russia under Catherine the Great, and 4 centuries ago they were blamed for the Black Death, with thousands of things happening in between. No, Jews ARE in danger throughout the world, more so than most religions, although this is in no way attacking countries of the world at large-merely giving a trend of persecution.

We hope and are confident this will be resolved through diplomatic means. But let me make this point: If war should come to Israel, a religious war to boot and it should be noted that religious wars are often the most vicious, dirty, and damaging wars, then no doubt it will be Muslim/Christian vs Jew. Religious fervor will spread in the lines of men. Religion can make a man do both great and terrible things, and just as with love, religion is one of the largest driving forces in the world. Should religious war come to Israel, no doubt large civilian populations will be killed not to mention the Jews in the armies. Thats a sizable portion of the largest concentration of a their religion on this planet. Annihilation of a religion was a hyperbole, but surely so soon after a home was created, we would not wish to take it away.

Another point we feel obligated to bring up: Lebanon was part of Israel, and no doubt holds a very large Jewish population as well as the other area of Israel. We do not feel that the Jewish men and women who call it home should be forced to live in a Muslim state that is openly hostile to its home country. Surely you can back reforms in the country as Istanbul is doing instead of supporting the illegal secession of a country that has a strong possibility of in turn oppressing those people they blame for their own alleged oppression?

Surely you jest. Jesus Christ was a Jew himself. France condemns Mongolia for this insane action, and wonders just how badly those Catholic Missionaries are needed there.

Although I do not wish to speak for the Papacy, I must say this. For one who rejects outside religions from their own country, in particular the pope himself, who in diplomatic hell are you to 'advise' the Pope to do anything in regards to Mongolia? Choose your words more carefully next time, or some might think you attempting to order the Papal States around.

Also, since Mongolia and Israel are both far away from your borders, we must assume you are attempting to have an exodus of Jews from your own country to these refugee camps outside your cities in order to cleanse your religious population. We hope we are wrong, but is this true? Otherwise your move makes little sense.

France hereby declares an embargo on what little, if any, mongolian products reach our shores, and although you are far from the concerns of our realm, we urge nations closer to Mongolia to warn them of such aggressive and aggravating actions.

4. arya126

arya126 Squad Leader

Sorry for double post. But I think TK can count that as spending into Culture points which directly correlates to a factor involving expansion.

5. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

On The Mongolian Expulsions of Jews

-

The Holy See condemns in the strongest possible terms the expulsion of jews by the Khanate of Mongolia and urges the Khan to follow the divine religion which he so recently converted too in his manner of governance. It is written that one should love his neighbour as he loves himself, the jews although they faithless as they are, did not recognise the messiah when he came to them, are our brothers and are to be tolerated and left at peace within christian realms so long as they follow the laws of the land.

Indeed even in Rome, where the see of blessed Peter has been set up to enlighten the world, there is a jewish quarter. Mongolia should follow the example of the Papal States in this regard. Either way it is clear that Mongolia is still lacking catechesis and remains much in ignorance in regards to the precepts of the true religion, the missionaries we have sent are greatly needed in Mongolia and the mission shall continue for the good of souls despite the Khans error. For the good of souls and the illumination of minds takes precedence over temporal concerns and the babblings of certain hypocritical heretics.

~ Cardinal Richelieu - Secretary for Relations with States.

6. SouthernKing

SouthernKing crickety cricket

Sorry, culture I meant.

7. Tee Kay

Tee Kay Silly furry

Aaaanddddd... orders locked. Update sometime between next Monday and next century.

8. Tyo

Tyo HANDS HIGH TO THE SOUND Moderator

Good luck!

9. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

And may the Lord have mercy on your soul.

10. kiwitt

OOC: Just got my usual 4 annual updates in in time.

11. christos200

christos200 Never tell me the odds

ooc: We are in the damn 19th Century dammit! It is not the Modern Age. Anti-semitism was a common thing in those times. And no one would embargo a country, in the 19th Century, because it was anti-semetic. Is there anyone who knows History?

EDIT: And before you say about Catholic Mongolia, the Pope send in RL missionaries in China. And Mongolia was part of China (Qing Dynasty) then.

ic:

We shall not transfer the Jews, but we will still not recognize Israel.

12. Mosher

Mosher Mushroom dad

Christos has a fair point...

13. Krzowwh

Krzowwh King

The Chinese Federation will accept any Jewish refugees exiled from Mongolia through its borders.

OOC: It's not quite a fair point in Eastern Asia, in Mongolia of all places. Especially with the argument that Mongolia was a part of China, who had more Jewish followers than Christian, let alone Catholic, at least before the Taiping Rebellion. Not to mention that China largely remained more or less secular throughout this time period and as such was the target for many victims escaping antisemitism.

14. christos200

christos200 Never tell me the odds

OOC: The Pope had send missionaries in China in RL and it had success, until the Pope requested something from the Chinese Emperor that made the Emperor angry. And still, no 19th century country would embargo a nation because it was anti-semetic. Even in the first half of the 20th century this happend.

15. Tee Kay

Tee Kay Silly furry

Not that embargoing Mongolia has much of an effect anyway since it's pretty isolated geographically and has no ports.

I don't want this thread spammed so please cease this line of discussion now. Thanks.

16. kiwitt

17. SamSniped

SamSniped DJ Goodboye

Damn jet lag. Now my nation is screwed because I couldn't get orders in last night...

18. Jehoshua

Jehoshua Catholic

just send some orders in anyway and hope that the almighty GM will have mercy on you :p

19. Tee Kay

Tee Kay Silly furry

It's true. I am very merciful.

20. SamSniped

SamSniped DJ Goodboye

Thank you, oh glorious GM :p