Iron and Blood 7

Stupid Question: Is there an infrastructure cap for our home province?

To: Amur

Your land has valuable resources that are currently underused. If you choose to peacefully join the Shogunate, you will allowed to maintain semi-independence, and your people will enjoy the prosperity of the citizens of Japan. If you refuse, we will take Amur by force for the glory of the Emperor.

From the Großdeutsches Reich:
To Bavaria:
Our southern German brothers, would it not be in the interest of the south Germans to join our glorious union. One Nation, One People, One Leader.

To: Japan

We would like to offer you a Defensive Alliance, in light of our nations cultural ties and our common wish to secure peace in East Asia.

To The Tribes in Washington: We come offering peace. We'd like you to become part of our great government. We have advanced weapons to protect you and Strong architecture to protect you from storms. Join us and we will be a union of prosperity.

$6 into Infrastructure.

$4 into military.

To Spain: we can protect your land and help it develop if you join our empire. Your people's rights will be unaffected. Be careful of your other neighbours!

To United Provinces of the Netherlands: Our close borders make it harder to maintain a stable diplomatic situation. We would like to propose a 5-turn NAP so that the peace is maintained. This is not a threat, nor is it intended to be read as such.

After all this time, could the White Man be trusted to respect our livelihood and our customs? I think not. You may be tolerated as neighbours, but just as you have your state, we today want ours, and we want to be recognised as such.
- Tecumseh, Speaker of the Confederation (disputed)

To Tecumseh: You could always join us! We'll treat your tribe with great respect and you may send a representative to the Tribal Council.

To: The Society

While you are nominally independent, your Society is headquartered in the province of Vlaanderen and is thus liable to Dutch taxation. Just a reminder.

Of course we will continue to abide by Dutch corporate law.

We also state to all other nations that our plans for future expeditions include Equatorial Africa and Angola. We encourage entrepreneurs to continuance to invest and remind them that we are always open to new shareholders joining us.

To Tecumseh: You could always join us! We'll treat your tribe with great respect and you may send a representative to the Tribal Council.

Columbia would prefer that a buffer zone existed between our two federations.

We would like to offer you a Defensive Alliance, in light of our nations cultural ties and our common wish to secure peace in East Asia.

To: China

We have no interest in getting involved in the Chinese civil war. Besides that, a defensive alliance would be a useful way of guaranteeing peace. We accept, so long as you do not expect us to immediately declare war on the Qing.

Of course. We do not need Japanese assistance in defeating the Manchu Barbarians. We are pleased that you have accepted our offer. Let us hope that this will bring friendship between our two nations.

To California: We'll accept as long as you don't declare war after 20 years.

To: The Tribal Federation

At this point we have no plans to attack you after 20 years, but rather are simply looking not to saddle ourselves with a treaty of this sort for perpetuity. Assuming relations remain good between our nations, after the pact expires we can choose to renegotiate it for a longer time period or, alternatively, perhaps discuss an actual defensive alliance.

Anyway, we are glad that you have agreed to the non-aggression pact for the time being.

When do orders lock?

woah wait what

mosher asked that a week ago and you didn't answer

for all I knew, this was dead

I was waiting on npc diplomacy this entire time.

The Australian

A COMMERCIAL, POLITICAL AND LITERARY JOURNAL

7 January 1831​

DISASTER AT SEA! FLEET DAMAGED!

Flagship I.N.N Darling sinking in the storm, one of many ships that were sunk or damaged

Last Thursday the Imperial Fleet was badly damaged in the storm, with the flagship I.N.N Darling sunk. During a routine exercise off the coast of Sydney a vicious storm unexpectedly developed. It is uncertain exactly how many of the ships can be salvaged from the storm, but it is rumoured that a large portion of this year’s budget will be devoted to rebuilding the fleet.

“By the time we knew what was happening, it was too late.” said Captain William Barret, captain of the I.N.N Independence, the second largest ship in the fleet. “The storm seemed to have come out of nowhere. We were lucky, our ship was at the edge of the storm and we were able to escape, but not many others did. I give my condolences to Grigg’s families and the families of those who were not as lucky as I.”

According to the Captain the I.N.N Darling was hit directly by a bolt of lightning and that “no one could have gotten out of it alive.” An official announcement from the Imperial Navy has confirmed that Admiral James Griggs, who was commanding the I.N.N Darling, was amongst the deceased. It is expected that Captain Barret will become Griggs’ replacement as Admiral.

Rumours have been circulating that the storm was supernatural punishment for the mass-renaming ceremony of the formerly that took place as part of New Year’s Eve celebrations.

“Darling’s angered the seas,” said a fisherman who refused to be named “He should have never renamed those ships, that storm is punishment for his arrogance. His whole navy is cursed and this country along with it.”

“These rumours are merely superstitious nonsense.” said Imperial Governor Ralph Darling, “There are no Gods of the Sea who we have angered, there is only our Lord Jesus Christ and he cares not for what we mortals name our ships. Anyone caught spreading these rumours will be arrested for attempting to demoralize our nation.”

A state funeral will be held for Admiral Griggs and the many men who lost their lives in the storm.

REBELS DEFEATED IN NEW ZEALAND BY NATIVES!

The Battle of the North Island, the bloodiest battle in the brief Rebel-Native conflict

The short lived Rebellion of New Zealand fell just before New Year’s Eve. New Zealand tribesmen attacked the largest rebel encampment in what is known as "The Battle of the North Island". The Natives attacked during the New Year’s celebrations, catching the rebels off guard. The colony was raised to the ground and most of the rebels were killed in the bloody battle, including rebel leader William Hobson.

Disturbingly, reports from refugees indicate that the Natives have seized a large amount of guns and artillery. This may hurt the effort to retake New Zealand.

“The rebels had what was coming for them,” said General John Hurley, leader of the Imperial Army “And those godless savages are just that, savages. I doubt they even know how to use guns!” Regardless of this confidence, reports have indicated that the Imperial Army may be delaying other military engagements, such as the liberation of Indonesia, due to this new development and that more resources have been invested into the campaign.

RIOTS IN SYDNEY! PROTESTERS DISTURB PEACE!

Policemen pacify the rioters and restore order to the city

Protesters rioted in the Sydney streets today, requiring the police to intervene and restore order. The protesters was led by the infamous William Charles Wentworth, former owner of The Australian. Mr Wentworth was arrested for Sowing Discontent for publishing a large amount of unfounded accusations against the Imperial Government in The Australian, causing Wentworth’s share in the newspaper to be transferred to the other founder, Dr. Wardell.

“Darling is a fool and a tyrant, the people demand freedom from his draconian policies.” Mr. Wentworth reportedly said during the riot. The rioters shouted various anti-government phrases, then they attacked and looted a shopfront, causing the police to be called in.

“This rabble just want to cause disharmony within our glorious nation.” said Imperial Governor Ralph Darling “We should not let these god-forsaken traitors disrupt the harmony in our beloved nation.”

The captured rioters will be put to trial on Wednesday. Wentworth remains at large.

Top Bottom