Is Donald Trump Done for?

Kansas has a 24% tax on petrol, it will be interesting to see where the state are going to find the funds it needs for roadworks
The EU pays an average of 60% tax on petrol.

Like most Republican controlled states they don't worry about it. The only major population centers are connected by the interstate highway system so states that actually aren't fiscally backwards pay for them. Then they make these appeals; "Move to Kansas where we don't pay much tax! Our infrastructure is feces, and our quality of life is worse, but hey, we don't pay much tax." Mysteriously, they continue to wonder why all their kids grow up to be somewhere elsians.

I was going to laugh at red states but California has the worest roads in America, it desperately need to raise more funding for roadworks
The usual suspect were on the list of states with worest roads. (Virginia, Mississippi)

https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallm...ith-the-worst-roads-infographic/#57095ec93a1c

A good demonstration of what I was talking about. The California state highway system includes numerous highways that are comparable to the federally maintained interstate system. Any traveling I do from my "little town" (a metropolitan area of about half a million people) starts out on a state highway; three lanes each way, limited access, normal speed about 80 mph. Kansas, at a guess, would not have the first clue how to even consider building such a thing. Of course, they don't have to, since any population center not directly accessed from the interstate probably has more like half a thousand residents than half a million. So, yeah, go out and check for 'bumpiness' and California will probably tell you that there are issues of much greater concern here.

Californian quote: "Our state highway system has to meet intensely rigorous standards for earthquake safety and that makes interchanges where multi-lane state highways connect into the interstate system a serious design challenge."
Kansan quote: "Our state highway system was a lot better before the traffic light stopped workin'."

California just raised its gas tax to 47.3 cents/gal. The Libertarian Illumminati triumph again!

honestly it should probably be higher than that still. . .

It really is telling when I read ‘Trump-Kim handshake’ and I cannot tell whether it's a Kardashian or a tinpot dictator, because there's nobody else to confuse them with.

It really is telling when I read ‘Trump-Kim handshake’ and I cannot tell whether it's a Kardashian or a tinpot dictator, because there's nobody else to confuse them with.

Other than Kardashians and tinpot dictators, is there anyone who really wants to shake D'ump's hand?

I can't imagine that Johnson wants to shake his little hand, any more than May did.

I've seen American commentators compare Johnson to Trump. Would he be offended at that?

Since hes recently said Trump has "many, many good qualities" I'd think not.
Ofc a few years ago he did say Trump was "clearly out of his mind", "stupefyingly ignorant", and "unfit to be President".
No idea what he really believes but if it helps him get to be PM or get a trade deal he'll say or do anything.

Since hes recently said Trump has "many, many good qualities" I'd think not.
Ofc a few years ago he did say Trump was "clearly out of his mind", "stupefyingly ignorant", and "unfit to be President".
No idea what he really believes but if it helps him get to be PM or get a trade deal he'll say or do anything.
A few years ago quite a few conservatives were saying the same thing. Its amazing how quickly guys like Ted Cruz and Lindsay Graham completely capitulated to Trump. Still amazed that anybody willing to lick Trump's boots can call men like me a beta.

Farage, possibly. No one knows much about Johnson other than he'll say or do anything for a sniff of No 10 and that even his friends don't like him much.

Soooo...tinpot dictator wannabes?

I think that sums them up pretty accurately.
These are the men who'd like to be Trump but don't have the US military to bully other countries with so instead of a bellicose bully we get petulant pretenders.

I was going to laugh at red states but California has the worst roads in America, it desperately need to raise more funding for roadworks
The usual suspect were on the list of states with worst roads. (Virginia, Mississippi)

Not true.

What the article says is: "Rhode Island where 53% of roads were deemed poor while California and Hawaii followed with 45% and 42% respectively."

Moreover, I lived in California for most of my life, have driven from San Diego to Oregon and from the coast to Las Vegas, and have rarely seen roads in poor condition.

Not true.

What the article says is: "Rhode Island where 53% of roads were deemed poor while California and Hawaii followed with 45% and 42% respectively."

Moreover, I lived in California for most of my life, have driven from San Diego to Oregon and from the coast to Las Vegas, and have rarely seen roads in poor condition.

They defined "in poor condition" as "bumpy." If you get off the freeways it isn't terribly hard to find roads "in poor condition" using that as the criterion.

They defined "in poor condition" as "bumpy." If you get off the freeways it isn't terribly hard to find roads "in poor condition" using that as the criterion.

Its said roads in poor condition
I found another study which is by Tesla engineers self driving cars mapping the US roads. California is 8th best roads, while kansas appears 36th

10. Maine
9. New York
8. Wisconsin
7. Rhode Island
6. Illinois
5. Kansas
4. Ohio
3. Indiana
2. Iowa
1: Michigan

https://www.businessinsider.com/worst-highways-roads-us-ranked-2018-10/?r=AU&IR=T
https://medium.com/lvl5/introducing-crowdsourced-pavement-quality-maps-8ddafd15a903

Did Obama? Do you support/endorse Obama's Presidency? What party was the majority of folks in opposition to invading Iraq? Do you support that party? Obama is a Democrat.. Do you support/endorse Democrats?

So what's your point? Have several seats dude.

You're changing the subject. You said:

The real test is when you actually have power, what you do with it. What a party says they "stand for" is less relevant than what they actually do. Its ironic because you see this so clearly when it comes to Democrats, and constantly rail about it, but you're blind about it when it comes to Libertarians. Rand Paul is a "Libertarian", but he joined the Republican party and votes accordingly (same for Ron Paul).

Ron Paul had the power and voted against invading Iraq in defiance of a Republican administration. Paul voted against that war and Hillary voted for it, and you voted for her while accusing him of being the puppet? I thought Rand was one of the people criticized in the media for asking the Obama administration if they were funneling arms into Syria via Turkey. They were... Did the Democrats in Congress raise a stink about that? They were mocking Obama's critics while he destroyed Libya and Syria. Now if the Democrats ran someone in 2020 who opposes these wars I could vote for them, go Tulsi!

Did Obama vote for the war? He wasn't in Congress but he said he wouldn't have given the power. Thats probably why he beat both Hillary and McCain, they did vote to invade Iraq. The majority of Democrats were in the House, not the Senate where Hillary and Joe were pimping for war. And no, I didn't vote for or support Obama, I had a candidate I could trust. Obama proved me right, he started more wars and hired Hillary. I couldn't imagine him withdrawing the troops from Iraq in 2011 only to be pushing a war to overthrow Assad next door. My God! He's why ISIS came to occupy so much of Syria and Iraq, he was arming them along with the Saudis and assorted players intent on removing Assad.

I already know how Congress voted on Iraq, I'm the one around here who keeps pointing that out whenever a Hillary apologist defends her by claiming a large majority voted for the war. Not a majority of her party.

"I had a candidate I could trust..." to absolutely never get elected. That way their ridiculously naive notions would never get put to the test, and I could rail at absolutely everyone without having to worry about being held to account for my own vote. Vote Libertarian for freedom from responsibility!

Top Bottom