Is Donald Trump Done for?

I would guess if people decide to metagame this instead of actually playing the game they say they are, they're outrage immunizing. Get desirable opponents to be mad at you about something a bit dippy so the loudest criticism of you is about something blunt, or at least it is diluted by such. I think that's playing the "what if" a little bit hard, but eh.

If the Christian Right doesn’t abandon him after The D’ump is outed as a pedophile from a confession or plea bargain under oath, I will publicly forsake Christianity and protest whenever convenient. If the D’ump is reelected and not impeached by Christmas 2020, I will emigrate.

I would guess if people decide to metagame this instead of actually playing the game they say they are, they're outrage immunizing. Get desirable opponents to be mad at you about something a bit dippy so the loudest criticism of you is about something blunt, or at least it is diluted by such. I think that's playing the "what if" a little bit hard, but eh.
Well, I've recently seen interviews on the telly where USian voters say ‘we know what he [i.e. Trump] is, but he is doing things’, without ever specifying what things he is doing or what they know he is, so you might be onto something.

If the Christian Right doesn’t abandon him after The D’ump is outed as a pedophile from a confession or plea bargain under oath, I will publicly forsake Christianity and protest whenever convenient. If the D’ump is reelected and not impeached by Christmas 2020, I will emigrate.
I'd rather you didn't. It's not God's fault that the Devil poses as a Christian -it's been an effectively good disguise throughout the ages.

He's openly advocated for money printing. Openly

Good. If it's printed openly at least people will ask who is taking it. Unlike with the massive "printing" of debt to inflate asset price bubbles done since 2008.

Trump is a present of the wealthy. Obama was even more so.

*tosses hand lotion over to innonimatu*

I have "forsaken" plenty of churches, and strongly advise any Christian to do the same. The "Christian Right" is a whole lot about being "Right," and by my observation not about being Christian at all, so I'd certainly start with them no matter what they do about D'ump.

I think Trump has lost already but the Democrats might snatch defeat from victory. By that I mean they nominate a pumpkin or lurch to far left and lose in states that matter in the mid west.

I have "forsaken" plenty of churches, and strongly advise any Christian to do the same. The "Christian Right" is a whole lot about being "Right," and by my observation not about being Christian at all, so I'd certainly start with them no matter what they do about D'ump.
Oh yes, I reject most of those silly non-for-anything-else-other-than-profit organisations, but my point is that there's a difference between breaking with them and breaking with the God they misrepresent.

Oh yes, I reject most of those silly non-for-anything-else-other-than-profit organisations, but my point is that there's a difference between breaking with them and breaking with the God they misrepresent.

I thought that was my point, but I am willing to share.

Yes, yes, I was just clarifying. We have *some people* here who are prone to misinterpreting posts into support for the GOP.

A guy on the train, in the morning, that usually wears an impeach hat changed to a different one this morning.
Flush the turd on November Third. I got a laugh out of it.

Mnuchin has announced the United States is running out of cash quicker than expected. The Treasury was supposed to have enough to last until Congress returned in the fall. Now, it will run out in September, and so Congress needs to do something about the debt ceiling before it recesses next month.

[AFAIK, the US is the only nation in the world that imposed a debt ceiling upon itself.]

[AFAIK, the US is the only nation in the world that imposed a debt ceiling upon itself.]
It doesn't though, because Congress routinely votes to exceed it.

Mnuchin has announced the United States is running out of cash quicker than expected. The Treasury was supposed to have enough to last until Congress returned in the fall. Now, it will run out in September, and so Congress needs to do something about the debt ceiling before it recesses next month.

We can't "run out of cash"... we can only decide we are unwilling to devalue currency/create inflation.
Exactly... It's purely political theater/manufactured crisis.

You can run out of cash, in that the Congress literally can decide to not borrow any more. The Fed will only print under specific circumstances. So, unless government spending triggers those conditions, they can run out. The Fed can cheat, but only a bit. I've not idea how the Constitution deals with an actual attempt by Congress to default. By the time the Fed's automatic printing conditions are met, it's pretty deep into a crisis. Which, honestly, is not the worst. Even if it sucks. The marginal tax rates are too low, and that's most of the problem.

The US is so into domination… what is the safe word?
Democracy at its finest. ;)

Top Bottom