[LP] Leader Pass: Great Builders - 3/14 Developer Livestream Discussion w/ Potato McWhiskey

It's a videogame, dude. And your criticism is very subjective. I think all 3 leaders in this pack are done well and pretty interesting, Sejong included.
I mean it's kind of understandable, at least when you compare him to the other leader of Korea, Seondeok, which really does give the question of why make him a potential leader?
Religion would have even made him more distinct and would work since his agenda is Neo-Confucianism.

So it's kind of like an ultra culture Governor plaza? And you have to commit to building it, otherwise you could lose it to someone else?
I mean eventually it'll go away. But so what, you can put another one there instead. In the meantime it's a zero cost zero turn GP if that's what you want to compare it to.

Honestly, Korea is such a potent chassis that it is tough to design a balanced leader for it without making them completely bland. I think you'd have needed to go very asymmetrical, giving a big downside as well. I'm happier with blandjong than something OPjong though.

I guess I will only play Sejong if I feel like I want to play OP Joseon science game.
Sooo disappointed.
I mean it's kind of understandable, at least when you compare him to the other leader of Korea, Seondeok, which really does give the question of why make him a potential leader?
Religion would have even made him more distinct and would work since his agenda is Neo-Confucianism.
Exactly and Seowon in real life doubled as religious center for Confucianism. So it would have been nice to have it give a great prophet points... or give culture equal to Seowon's agency points.

Sejong is probably not as bad as people are saying... But I think Seondeok looks more fun.
As @DWilson said, I think this ability has more fun potential that initially seems. Basically encourages you to male the most of Korea science-potential capability, and allows you to leap-forward in culture each era to be in par.

Also, at risk of angering the Korean fanbase, I think we are overstating the need for GW linked to Sejong. If this is a must, then Philip and Lizzie in next pack should be as well boosting GW points for sure.

Next stream apparently is March 28th which is only two weeks away! :D

As @DWilson said, I think this ability has more fun potential that initially seems. Basically encourages you to male the most of Korea science-potential capability, and allows you to leap-forward in culture each era to be in par.

Also, at risk of angering the Korean fanbase, I think we are overstating the need for GW linked to Sejong. If this is a must, then Philip and Lizzie in next pack should be as well boosting GW points for sure.
Thing is Seondok already did that... I mean think about massive differences in play style Hojo has compared to Tokugawa... and now look at Seondok and Sejong.
What are the differences?

Did anyone catch Sejong's Neo-Confucianism agenda in the First Look?

If you debate how powerful the 2 abilities of Seondeok and Sejong, that is a different thing, but fun? That is a lot of mental gymnastics. I can't for the life of me figure how both abilities give passive yields for something you would want to do anyway can be classified as "fun"

Interesting that they already scheduled it. It means the Rulers of England (and everything for Mac and Linux) come out either the 29th or the 30th
Which presumably means we might get a first glance at them next week? :mischief:
Did anyone catch Sejong's Neo-Confucianism agenda in the First Look?
Dislikes civs that are ahead of him in science and culture, I believe. Peter has found a new friend.
If you debate how powerful the 2 abilities of Seondeok and Sejong, that is a different thing, but fun? That is a lot of mental gymnastics. I can't for the life of me figure how both abilities give passive yields for something you would want to do anyway can be classified as "fun"
The fun part about Korea is the Seowon puzzle placement. But that seems boring to most people too.

What are those statues in the backround of FXS crew?

For example they zoomed into a warrior carrying a flag.

Civ VII concept art statues? Or some Civ VI stuff? Or neither? :p

Top Bottom