Merijn new civs and other projects

Go for it. I'm currently working on creating my first civilization. I feel it is something which probably gets better with practice. It is hard and time consuming, but luckily there are several good modders on the forum who seem happy to help with questions, and there are several good guides out there too.

It gets better with practice. The willingness to help is one of the things I like best about this community.

I Switch/Checkout to Nigeria branch as usual, but when I choose Nigeria and start game, the game shows "You have been defeated". It's weied, I'm sure it's nothing different from every time before.

Also I can't enter Civilopedia and Hall of Fame.

PythonErr.log here.

Fix is up. If forgot to remove a ) when updating the UHV. :cringe:

The UHV of Nigeria and URV of Yoruba can't be judged. PythonErr.log here
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 298, in showVictoryScreen

File "CvVictoryScreen", line 206, in interfaceScreen

File "CvVictoryScreen", line 1584, in showVictoryConditionScreen

File "Victory", line 3804, in getUHVHelp

AttributeError: 'CyPlayer' object has no attribute 'getCapital'
ERR: Python function showVictoryScreen failed, module CvScreensInterface

Spoiler :
Civ4ScreenShot0242.JPG

Civ updates

Philippines
- Fixed CNM bug
- Fixed enum.h constants
- Fixed crash caused by LH art

Australia
- Corrected resurrection interval
- AI is more likely to build the Sydney Opera House

Nigeria
- Fixed CNM bug
- Fixed UHV
- Fixed 1700 AD scenario

Sweden
- Set derative civ to Vikings
- Corrected modifiers

Swahili
- Corrected modifiers
- Improved trade UHV counter storage

Last edited:
New civ!... ehm project

I made a new branch which combines all civs I made (except Atlantis) into 1 modcomp. It is possible that this branch is a little buggy due to merging errors.

Currently, all civs are enabled by default. I will work on a new system that allows you to select which civs will spawn or not. But that obviously isn't ready yet.

New civ!... ehm project

I made a new branch which combines all civs I made (except Atlantis) into 1 modcomp. It is possible that this branch is a little buggy due to merging errors.

Currently, all civs are enabled by default. I will work on a new system that allows you to select which civs will spawn or not. But that obviously isn't ready yet.
There are many resourses missed in West Africa, compare with the Nigeria branch.

Last edited:
New civ: Zimbabwe

Start: 1075 AD @ Great Zimbabwe
Leaders: Rushvingo, Mutota

UP: The Power of Stone Cities: extra production and commerce on city tiles
UB: Kraal. Replaces Smokehouse. 1 production on pasture resources
UU: Rizwo Warrior. Replaces Pikeman. 50% vs gunpowder units, doesn't require iron, can enter marsh, jungle and rainforests

UHV1: Build four castles and kraals and Great Zimbabwe and control them in 1400 AD (The textfile currently says 1600 AD, but is wrong. The code is correct and checks in 1400 AD. Fix up soon)
UHV2: Monopolize Gold, Silver, Gems and Ivory in Sub-Saharan Africa in 1500 AD
UHV3: Ensure there are no European colonies in Subequatorial Africa in 1700 AD

Includes the Great Zimbabwe wonder. 1 food, production and commerce on city tiles.

Last edited:
The judgements of UHV1 and UHV2 are mistaken.

And the Great Zimbabwe is very easy to be build by the other civs. I suggest it could only be build in city which has Yoruba Temple.

Also, the Great Zimbabwe takes no effort, all city tiles are still the same after build it.

Last edited:

UU: Rizwo Warrior. Replaces Pikeman. 50% vs gunpowder units, doesn't require iron, can enter marsh, jungle and rainforests

UHV1: Build four castles and kraals and Great Zimbabwe and control them in 1600 AD

Includes the Great Zimbabwe wonder. 1 food, production and commerce on city tiles.

YEAH! That was something that I was wanting in DoC for some time now. Good to see Africa getting some love too.

UHV1: Build four castles and kraals and Great Zimbabwe and control them in 1400 AD (The textfile currently says 1600 AD, but is wrong. The code is correct and checks in 1400 AD. Fix up soon)

GREAT! ANOTHER AMAZING MOD THAT'LL TAKE 30+ MINUTES TO MERGE INTO CMC!

I guess you haven't added Zimbabwe to the all-civs module yet, or at least it isn't showing up.

GREAT! ANOTHER AMAZING MOD THAT'LL TAKE 30+ MINUTES TO MERGE INTO CMC!

I'm still working on a civ which hopefully could also be added to CMC too! I might have gotten it finished if my university didn't keep piling assignments on me! :undecide:

Civ updates:

Swahili:
- Fixed trade UHV

Manchuria:
- Improved UP code
- Adjusted some AI parameters

Australia:
- Wondermovie for Sydney Opera House

Nigeria:

Zimbabwe:
- Fixed UHV1 text and UHV help

Allcivs:
- Included all changes above
- Merged Zimbabwe

A cow and a stone missed near Zimbabwe in Allciv branch, and the UHV/URV texts in victory condition screen is missed. The Great Zimbabwe still takes no efforts and AI can build it along 1300ad, for Zimbabwe it's impossible to build it.

Last edited:
Allcivs:
- Added Zimbabwean resources
- Added missing text file

Allcivs + Zimbabwe:
- Great Zimbabwe requires Ivory and no state religion for better historical placement

A cow and a stone missed near Zimbabwe in Allciv branch, and the UHV/URV texts in victory condition screen is missed. The Great Zimbabwe still takes no efforts and AI can build it along 1300ad, for Zimbabwe it's impossible to build it.

The UHV and URV texts work for me.

The UHV and URV text show as below, the rest part is missed.
Spoiler :
Civ4ScreenShot0243.JPG

Code:

File "Victory", line 4220, in getUHVHelp

File "Victory", line 3427, in isMonopoly

NameError: global name 'iNumPlayer' is not defined

The UHV and URV text show as below, the rest part is missed.

Code:

File "Victory", line 4220, in getUHVHelp

File "Victory", line 3427, in isMonopoly

NameError: global name 'iNumPlayer' is not defined

Thanks for the error message. Fix is up.

Allcivs update:
- New method for enabling/disabling civs.

Each civ has a value that determines if they spawn or not. There are 3 types of spawn: Forced Spawn, Conditional Spawn and No Spawn. You can set the values in Python/EnabledCivs.py (instructions are in the file) or in a new WB screen. By default, all civs have conditional spawn conditions, except Harappa and Polynesia, which have the No Spawn option. This mimics the current spawn mechanics of all civs. The human player is always set to Forced Spawn.

For non-conditional civ, forced spawn and conditional spawn are equal.
Conditional civs: Byzantium, Mamluks, Mughals, Thailand, Brazil, Argentina, Italy

Forced spawn: Civ will always spawn, bypassing any possible conditional spawn conditions if applicable. (The Romans and Egyptians are forced to collapse (if alive) when Italy and the Mamluks spawn respectively to avoid strange behavior)
Conditional spawn: Conditional civs will only spawn when the conditions are met. Other civs will always spawn.
No spawn: The civ does not spawn at all.

When creating my African civs, I got a bit annoyed that they are forced to use the Middle Eastern unitartstyle, because there is no African unitartstyle. So I'm creating a new unit artstyle featuring black soldiers.

@Leoreth
Do you want me to make a PR for the main mod when I'm finished with this? (Mali, Congo and possibly Ethiopia can use it. And maybe my new African civs if you intend to include them)

Yes please. This has always bothered me and I mostly relied on people using VD if they shared that opinion, but it's still a glaring issue in the base mod and I'm sure rectifying it would not increase the mod size too much.

By the way, I intend to get around to your open PRs as well, it's just that I'm currently down the rabbit hole with map changes and don't want to lose momentum.

Top Bottom