New NESes, ideas, development, etc

yeah, that could be interesting.

would anybody be interested in a stat based cradle NES? I have the time to run one now that I'm off from school!
Definitely. Been lamenting the end of your last NES for some time now. I hope a new cradle NES will breathe some life back into the forum.

I had an idea for a silly NES which I would not dare to run under any circumstances, but I am just throwing out here just for fun.
Science vs Magic in a fantastic world with possibly mythological creatures.

Here's a preview for an alternate history NES of mine own conception that I've had ideas for for a while, coming to a theatre near you (primarily on CFC or another site, but also on the Frontier) in a month or two. Born out of a discussion I had with Southern King and a bunch of ideas I've had for a long time. Feel free to work yourselves into the traditional feeding frenzy over what nation you might want. This is really rough though. Eastern European borders in particular are going to get changed a lot.

I know what nations are gonna drop in Eastern Europe (Kingdom of Moravia, some Pseudopoles, more Denmark, strong Lithuania, Russian republics) but I need to research the effects of no Golden Horde before I make any definitive map drawings.

Spoiler :

c. 1635

PoD - The Vikings ransack Paris in 866, Odo gets offed and the Capetians never come to be. Then desperate handwaving and butterflies. TL outline (TNES 2 style) to come.

The Kingdom of Albia-Norway
The Kingdom of Normandy
[The Duchy of Cornuail]
The Kingdom of Aquitaine
The Kingdom of Vasconia
The Kingdom of Asturias
The Prince-Archbishopric of Toledo and Sovereign Knightly Order of St. James
The Most Christian Emirate of Andalusia
The Republic of Geneva
The Most Serene Republic of Genoa
The Ambrosian System
The Florentine System
The Republic of Pisa
The Principality of Naples
The League of Munster
The Empire of the Franks
The Kingdom of Denmark
The Roman Empire (Serbian)
[The Principality of Croatia]
The Roman Empire (Greek)
The Great Khanate of the Magyars
The Kingdom of Ægypt
The Alshamid Emirate

No, I'm not hopelessly Eurocentric, yes, I have good ideas for the Near East and Asia; yes, if you know anything about Asian history please talk to me oh please oh please.

Assume that I will fail, act as if I won't. I think that works best for everyone. :D

Denmark interests me, of course :)

Norway could be cool too. If I could manage some weirdo Murican colonization

What it the country governing, Provence, Catalonia and some more though not a bit of Aquitaine? (I realise it does posess western parts of early medieval Aquitaine, but most of it seems to be Norman, so the name is a bit surprising)

Genoa and Serbia look aight

What it the country governing, Provence, Catalonia and some more though not a bit of Aquitaine? (I realise it does posess western parts of early medieval Aquitaine, but most of it seems to be Norman, so the name is a bit surprising)

Sort of how the definition of "France" and "Frankish" changed over time in our world, Aquitaine sort of did this here. Though the original Roman Aquitaine is much broader than the modern day coastal region as you know.

They lost Bordeaux to the Normans during some war and are still probably a bit peeved about it.

Let me finish the map, then I'll do a TL outline and nation descriptions.

The Roman Empire from which God descents interests me alot.

Added a few more nations, a Kingdom of Moravia-Pannonia, a Danish puppet Grand Duchy of Pomerania, and a Kingdom of Lithuania. The Grand Duchy of the Prusians (who are not German) is a (non-playable) vassal of Lithuania. The Kingdoms of Bohemia and Burgundy are the vassals of the Frankish Emperor, and are also probably non-playable; I've yet to work out the internal politics of the Empire, which are less convoluted than the HRE but still fairly convoluted.

Some interesting facts about the game:

The Most Christian Emirate (or Principality if you're Latin) of Andalusia is the Portugal analogue, with treaty ports in India and a strong grip on South East Asian trade due to their Arabic connections, though the League of Munster is now giving them a run for their money.

The Pope is in Frankfurt, and he is controlled by the Frankish Emperor. Rome itself is now a lesser member of the Florentine System. The League of Munster is also known as the Antipapal League. The Great Schism (or something like it) did not occur until the 16th century. Constantinople is currently in communion with Frankfurt, but Belograd is definitely not.

Actually, most people outside of the Frankish Empire aren't in full communion with Frankfurt, except Genoa, Toledo, Moravia, Naples, Egypt, and Albia-Norway. Metropolitan conclaves tend to run the religious show in other countries, especially Normandy, Aquitaine, and Italy. The Metropolitan Archbishop is almost always chosen with the advice and consent of the monarch. Communion with and/or opposition to the Pope is often directly connected to a nation's diplomatic relationship with the Frankish Empire.

The Magyars have an autocephalous Patriarch somewhere but he's mostly irrelevant, and the Great Khans tend to oscillate between Christianity and Islam by dynasty; currently Christians are on the upswing.

The Coptic Pope was expelled from Alexandria by Crusaders in the late 13th century. He currently resides somewhere in Upper Egypt.

Looks interesting, especially in how decentralized Catholicism looks so much like IRL Orthodoxy. I assume that the Low Countries thing is the League of Munster?

Give me a minor country, anywhere, and I'll be good to go.

Top Bottom