1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

New Version - June 2nd (6-2)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Jun 2, 2019.

1. John.B.C

John.B.C Chieftain

Oh, one need to be in friendly territory? I understand, thanks.

JamesNinelives likes this.
  2. FoxOfWar

FoxOfWar Chieftain

Great mod, still chugging at 4316 hours played :D

About difficulty... I can attest that King to Emperor is a tricky jump to make. But I can actually spin it IF I don't get tangled in my own megalomaniacal plans. I have a very real tendency to try and settle all the free land I can (instead of using brain about which places make sense to settle), conquer the rest of my continent, and then getting into wars that turn into attrition because I did not create an advantage for myself - and that gets me my ass handed to me. Even if I succeed in owning a (sub)continent, I find myself fifteen techs behind because I rapid-settled and my tech costs rose to heavens.

Just quit a game after making a series of really stupid mistakes (trying to conquer Egypt largely on open terrain before Medieval... yeah...).

If there's one thing I dislike about warfare currently in the game, it's the AI's tendency to love the skirmisher line and watching the slow-motion animations of my units dying to the running horse archers, making each war turn cycle take about seven years as six different Skirmishers run to shoot at one unit in turn. (Obviously it was even worse against Egypt, but it's annoying in general.) This is largely saved by having something to read on the other screen though, so can't really qualify it as a real complaint I reckon.

I think the difficulty is settings are fine, I just play sub-optimally and can't get away with it above King.

JamesNinelives and glider1 like this.
  3. HeathcliffWarriors

HeathcliffWarriors Chieftain

The Quick Turns mod is compatible with VP, and is easily configurable in-game :)

A change I've largely enjoyed is setting Barbarians to Quick Combat - no more Handaxes spending 20 seconds with a glitchy city attack animation.

4. andersw

andersw Chieftain

You do have quick combat on?
    If not turn on NOW, vanilla animations for slooow combat takes far to long. (or do I mix things up with civ 4 animations?)

5. Kim Dong Un

Kim Dong Un The One & Unly Supporter

I'm fully on board with this. Let the yield and hammer bonuses differentiate the difficulty levels, while the extra stuff like free workers, settlers, etc. can be incorporated through game setup.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    CppMaster and tu_79 like this.
  6. ryanmusante

ryanmusante Regular Supporter

This is what I keep in the Quick Turns LUA and the turn wait is completely acceptable even in late game.
    Code:
    -- Default Persistent Data
    QuickTurns_SetDefaultOption("PlayerQuickMovement", 1);
    QuickTurns_SetDefaultOption("PlayerQuickCombat", 1);
    QuickTurns_SetDefaultOption("BarbarianQuickMovement", 1);
    QuickTurns_SetDefaultOption("BarbarianQuickCombat", 1);
    QuickTurns_SetDefaultOption("CityStatePeaceQuickMovement", 1);
    QuickTurns_SetDefaultOption("CityStatePeaceQuickCombat", 1);
    QuickTurns_SetDefaultOption("CityStateAllyQuickMovement", 1);
    QuickTurns_SetDefaultOption("CityStateAllyQuickCombat", 1);
    QuickTurns_SetDefaultOption("ComputerPeaceQuickMovement", 1);
    QuickTurns_SetDefaultOption("ComputerPeaceQuickCombat", 1);
    QuickTurns_SetDefaultOption("ComputerWarQuickMovement", 1);
    QuickTurns_SetDefaultOption("ComputerWarQuickCombat", 1);
    QuickTurns_SetDefaultOption("ComputerCommonEnemy", 1);
    QuickTurns_SetDefaultOption("ComputerAggressor", 1);

vyyt and wobuffet like this.
  7. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

iteroi let me know that one of the bugs fixed from the last version was the +50% bonus against mounted not working correctly. So that is one of the fixes in this version!

Revolutionist_8 likes this.
  8. Revolutionist_8

Revolutionist_8 Chieftain

That is really good news! Thx for the info! :)

9. BiteInTheMark

BiteInTheMark Chieftain

I think its definitly the worker, which makes the difference, even it looks small on paper.
    Together with the increased worker rate, the AI is able to create a farm or mine in only 3/4 turns, making it possible that even with a fast city grow rate, new citizens can work an already improved tile.

Catching the worker of an AI is in my eyes a really cheap trick, but its one of the most effective ways to cripple your AI neighbors very early on.
    Removing the worker could solve this, but nothing stops you from waiting on AI borders with your pathfinder, to catch a worker, which is constructed by the AI. Its more a morale thing.

vyyt likes this.
  10. Teholb

Teholb Chieftain

Is there a way to use Really Advanced Setup for MP? I can't seem to get it to work in my modpack.

11. 5BoringGames

5BoringGames Chieftain

Religion
    When you become leader of a religion via conquest, all current faith points are converted into GAP (formerly they were just lost to the warp)

What's GAP?

12. chicorbeef

chicorbeef Warlord

Golden Age Points :c5goldenage:

13. ryanmusante

ryanmusante Regular Supporter

4CV likes this.
  14. Guynemer

Guynemer Chieftain

Consistent crash. Creating a landmark outside of the borders of any civ (due to not having any more space for relics) causes a CTD. Will try to post to GitHub.

EDIT: looks like someone has already reported it a day ago

15. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

So I think whatever nerfs have happened to spying "recently" have gone overboard. This is pre-constabulary, 4.5 star city (was 5 star when I planted it).

upload_2019-6-8_17-26-31.png

Now I'm all for leveled up spies doing it faster....but 203 turns?

16. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Also, just to check, I sent the spy to the 5 star city...not much better, 103 turns

17. pthieu1986

pthieu1986 Chieftain

Is there a limit number of great works (art, music, writing) that all players can create? If I can't create a great work with my great people (artist, musician, writer), does it mean that the game runs out of great works?
    Fun fact: A new great musician was just born in my civ but I couldn't create a great work with him/her anymore so i had to move him/her to another civ to gain influence points. Then Iook at my tech tree, Broadway (contain 3 slots for music works) is still at least another 30 turns to be available xD.

18. Guynemer

Guynemer Chieftain

You can only create a great work if there is an open slot for it; if you waited until you had Broadway built, you could have used the musician then.

19. Kim Dong Un

Kim Dong Un The One & Unly Supporter

@Gazebo , is there any chance of that release , which you were referring to a few days ago, drops tonight?

20. pthieu1986

pthieu1986 Chieftain

I did have slots for music works but I couldn't create one.