NHL 2012 Playoffs

The Devils/Rangers game on Saturday actually started at 10:00am for me. :mad:

Refereeing must be addressed in the offseason.

So how do all of you "Nashville in 6" people feel now? Granted, the couple that picked Nashville in 7 are still alive, but I hope you all will wake up and stop disrespecting my Coyotes!

Looking forward to everyone picking LA in 4 in the next round!

Sure am glad I followed your advice and went for LA in 5 instead. ;)

Well, of all the final four teams, I am displeased to say that the LA Kings are my least unfavourite. ;)

Doughty "interference" call in OT was really worth the ticket price for a simple reason; didn't get a misconduct but made it soooo obvious he was quite upset - rightfully, AFAIC.
That's pressure hockey expressed in a truly professional manner just enough. That team never felt the same after such an emotional reaction.
Weird how such "small" things can simply turn whole games around.

How does an 8th seed make it so far?

Brown, Kopitar, Quick... all road warriors!

Doughty "interference" call in OT was really worth the ticket price for a simple reason; didn't get a misconduct but made it soooo obvious he was quite upset - rightfully, AFAIC.

It was a terrible call, that's for sure - but these guys gotta know to keep their heads cool, no matter how much they feel screwed by the call.

All the same, they've already managed to do something pretty epic. Not many teams have reached the finals on a 12-2 records in NHL history. And the 8th seed final and the 1-2-3 sweep both happened only twice in NHL history. The Kings, of course, are the first team to do all three.

Now they have a shot at equaling/breaking* the Oilers record for best Stanley Cup run in history. That'd require sweeping the final, but we'll see.

*Depending whether you count game four of the 1988 final.

If the Devils win the cup against the Kings, does this make Martin Brodeur the oldest regular goalie that ever won the cup? This guy is simply awesome these days! :goodjob:

I wanted Kings for the cup a week ago but Martin is a local and heavily respected player and i can't deny this part. Go go Devils!

But Pat Lafontaine has never won a cup too...:cry:...go Kings!

Whatever...go both!!! :goodjob:

If Rangers make a comeback i will definitively support LA.

Guess in the absence of any Canadians I'm backing the Californians.

So we ARE getting Kings/Devils. Pretty much an either/or. The charmed team on a mission, or the team that came back from a craptalicious year last year to go all the way this year (and whose goalie attended the same high school I did, reportedly).

Los Angeles in 6 is my last entry, and likely wrong.

Round 3 Results

Stanley Cup Final
(6)New Jersey vs (8)Los Angeles

Regardless of who wins, I believe this will be the lowest seeded Stanley Cup winner ever.

Kings in 6

Sorry for a lack of predictions, I was busy with finals and lost a bit of interest when the Blues got swept.

Going to be debating the outcome of this one in my head for a few days. I think it's going to be real close.

Top Bottom