1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

NOTW LII - The Immortals II [Game Thread - Concluded]

Discussion in 'Mafia/NOTW' started by Sprig, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Kennigit

Kennigit proud 2 boxer

---well, um, okay :(......

Well, my dear lass! What colour is this rose? Red? Green? What part! Well, why don't you try these on:

Just a plain ordinary monocle! "But wait, won't that make things all blurry? All weird? Or what's the point!" you ask!?

Well......

SHABLAAAGOOOOOO

NOW you may try them on, and tell me what sites you behold!

Colour, my friend, is just the mind playing tricks on you!

Now, perhaps a better chant would be

Wrong Audacious Fools Emanate Regret

well, it's a work in progress.

oh, and uh, vote: BSmith1068

2. Sprig

Sprig めんどくさい

Evening One

It turned out to be a very short day. Quite why that was, no one was sure, maybe all the council members were tired after trying to perform the worldspell. There was also something else curious about the day, no one was quite sure what they were accusing each other of doing. Now it could be that the horrific death of the Wizard caused some sort of trauma and associated memory loss of what happened? (Or some GM had failed to put the complete story in the morning post) Whatever the case, Unable to come up with a concrete case and general agreement for who was responsible for whatever happened, all the Council Members retired for the night. Hopefully their memories would return by the time they woke up in the morning.

~~~

It is now night

There is no talking during the night phase.

Night Orders/Magic spells to me by PM

Day Breaks in: [timer=04/01/2014 6:00 PM +13:00; Day has finished][/timer] at 1 Apr 2014 6:00 PM (+13:00)

3. Sprig

Sprig めんどくさい

Morning Two

Finally the council members had regained their memories of the horror that happened the previous morning. Now they knew what they must do. well almost all of them. Unfortunately one of the group was found in a pool of his own blood.
    Spoiler :
    Zack the Scrawny Summoner was Innocent

Partially submerged in the blood was an Air Mana Orb. The ninja being the quickest reached out to claim it for his own but just as his fingers clasped around it, the Mana Orb broke into useless fragments.

Disappointed, he looked around accusingly, perhaps he could make up for the disappointment by finding the culprit responsible for this mess. The Other Council Members shared that same thought.

~~~

It is now Day

Accusation in Bold
    Item Transfers in Purple

Night falls in: [timer=04/03/2014 6:00 PM +13:00; Day has finished][/timer] at 3 Apr 2014 6:00 PM (+13:00)

4. Catharsis

Catharsis catch u on the flip scythe

- At least it was just the scrawny one and not someone hot.

Wonder what happened to the mana, though. I'd have quite liked that...

Ahem. Takhisis, you went after that mana pretty fast but you haven't even said anything yet! What sort of heartless monster lusts after a dead man's mana, right? I don't think anyone here approves of that sort of behaviour.

The thaumaturge flashes a sneer at Kennigit. She doesn't feel threatened by any of his tricks because his unlicensed knockoff of her memory incantation was so bad that she can't even remember what it was, haha! Whereas her own chant stays fresh in her mind:

Rancid Yucky Old Gargoyles Basically Invented Vegetarianism

Was that it?

Yes. Yes, that seems right.

5. Winston Hughes

Winston Hughes Wrathful Warlock Retired Moderator

The Wrathful Warlock has spent the night writing a series of angry letters to various Amurite officials and celebrities, pointing out their many deficiencies in a stream of furious invective. Such merry sport has put her in an unusually good mood this morning - so much so, indeed, that she only disintegrates two waiters and a pastry chef in her traditional post-breakfast massacre. Seeing the bloodied corpse of the Summoner, however, her moods darkens considerably...

What impudence is this?! And what cowardice?!! Killing a man in secret so nobody sees you doing it?!!! I've never seen anything so despicable!!!!

As she casts her maddened eyes around the room, the other council members back away, each attempting to avoid catching her gaze. Ultimately, however, it is the Magus upon whom her death stare comes to rest. But, once again, as the Warlock closes in on her prey, the rage drains from her face, and her voice becomes softer, almost kindly in tone...

Dearest BSmith, you've yet to bless us with your undoubted majesty. Are you feeling quite alright, or do the pressures of your predicament weigh too heavy upon your soul? It's okay, brother, you're amongst friends here. Just tell us what happened last night. Unburden yourself, so that we might offer you our... forgiveness.

6. Visorslash

Visorslash Deity

Zack's dead, which I'm not particularly happy about, potentially narrowing down some candidates.

In any case, I'm not one to fluff around so I'll get to the point pretty quickly. Winston has decided BSmith is a fine target to vote, and accusing him for not showing up yet is just throwing out something so no-one notices, its a throwaway. Of course these are to be expected from Day 2, but we're going to make something of it anyway.

Catharsis has gone for the easier target, Takhisis, which is even more of a throwaway then Winstons accusation so for my money, he's a good start.

7. Darth Feather

Darth Feather Sith Lord

In my days we had people who did stuff instead of talking about it. Takhisis, give your explaination about the skyorbgrabbing. There might be a logical explaination for it. So before casting my vote I will wait him out.

8. Winston Hughes

BSmith

Don't think I'll have forgotten about you, though. Your silence continues to stir my bile!

How dare you question my motives?! [pissed]

And you know what? I don't think you believe there's any chance of Catharsis getting lynched today, which makes me suspect that the pair of you are in cahoots, and your vote is just a distancing tactic.

Reckon I'm stupid enough to fall for that, eh?! Grrrrrr!!!!

9. spaceman98

spaceman98 Plotting something

In other words, by your reasoning, anyone trying to make cases with currently available (limited) information is obviously mafia?

I will also wait for Takhisis to post, before I say anything else.

10. BSmith1068

BSmith1068 Deity Retired Moderator

You don’t expect me to stay this handsome without my beauty sleep do you, my dear Warlock? You shouldn’t wear such a sour face, it is quite unbecoming.

Apparently I managed to sleep through the whole day yesterday. Was it just me, or did it seem that the sun set really early?

Anyway, I’m all for Catharsis as today’s selection. Might as well be decisive, eh?

I also am looking for someone who wants to make a trade. I happen to have a nice shiny fire orb I don’t really have any use for, and would love an air orb in exchange. Anyone willing to make a deal?

11. Takhisis

Takhisis la la la la la

:ninja: Visorslash-san is right to point out this similarity. Shamanism is a common, simple form of supernaturalism. Mumbo-jumbo for the masses, some would say, but I would not be so impolite as to deprecate Visorslash-san's… craft in this way. Ninjutsu is a delicate art, like a magnolia, and must be cherished in order for it to flourish. Comparing shamanism to ninjutsu is like comparing a charcoal brazier to the brilliance of the sun.
    game thread
    Visorslash accuses me
    such nonsense
    Brilliant poetry from a ninja master.
    For the needs of nature, abundant water and soft rice paper are recommended.
    I know not what happened, Darth Feather-san, the orb must have been cursed, it broke before any examination was available. My ninja-reflexes must have taken over me. But rest assured that Sprig-u-san hasn't written any scrolls to me about it.
    Surely a Supreme Sorcerer could easily explain what happened. If he was a real sorcerer.

12. spaceman98

Vote:Takhisis! How dare you question my supreme power? As you are unable to produce a coherent explanation, it seems to me that what happened is quite clear! You deliberately destroyed the orb, to deny the council an opportunity to use it!

Why Catharsis? Do you perhaps fear that your evil partner might get lynched instead? Decisive lynches are a good place for evil beings to hide, as their votes don't stand out from the rest of the bandwagon.

I don't like the case on Takhisis, as it seems very doubtful that mafia actions would be mentioned in the writeup. However, I like the case on Catharsis even less. Its based on Visorslash's words alone, with little evidence, and yet the once silent BSmith is now saying that we should be decisive in pursuing it. That looks a lot like mafia trying to save their partner.

13. Takhisis

Takhisis la la la la la

What is this vote you speak of, ignorant, impolite fool? Be more respectful of your elders.
    What is this mafia you speak of, baka gai-jin!?

14. Winston Hughes

If that really was his aim in casting such a vote at this early stage of the day, I would be surprised. Surprised and angry. :mad:

15. KingMorgan

KingMorgan Deity

What is a thaumaturge? Is it served with Lobster? Yum, Yum.

So should the votes be decisive or not? Seems we cannot Ask thepizzaguy as he has not been seen. Bsmith1068 should go look for him.

Oh and curb your anger Warlock Winston, you seem to know alot about evil tactics.

16. Backwards Logic

Backwards Logic Emperor Palpatine

The Narcissistic Necromancer, clearly refreshed and radiant from his beauty sleep, wanders over to the scrawny one's bloodied corpse and while getting on all fours, gazes into the reflection of the pool once again.

"Liking this reddish hue on me. I look more alive and vibrant, unlike this poor chap here. Anyway, I've heard some mutterings by you lesser divine folks, and I can only come up with the following:

"The 'supreme' sorcerer spaceman98 is clearly not as supreme as he makes himself out to be. Not only does he look like Bill Gates, I can only figure that he is Bill Gates and that if he was so 'supreme' he'd be able to come up with an operating system that doesn't require years long user beta trials and countless patches to make work. Plus, he's going after the easy case on Takhisis for lunging for a mana orb and breaking it all while discrediting yet another easy case on Catharsis. I highly doubt the naive ninja would make his evil plans so obvious as to deliberately break an orb in front of everyone. Unless he's not really a ninja and is instead an impostor, but I'll go with my earlier case on spaceman."
    Proud of himself for a job well-done, he goes back to checking out his awesome Afro in Zack's pool. Man I look awesome.

17. Catharsis

Catharsis catch u on the flip scythe

- Almost. A thaumaturge is served lobster, in the finest eating establishments, frequented only by the most important guests.

Magicians, meanwhile, can eat finger food from the children's parties they entertain.

I'll give you this, Shaman - my vote was certainly the most suspicious of the lot at the time it was placed!

But you know what Visorslash, I'm not sure I like the implication that your accusation has any weightier reason behind it than mine! It's not exactly difficult to vote for the first person to vote. So what the hell, I'll tango. What was that line about Zack supposed to mean?

{OOC: Takhisis}

18. Autolycus

Autolycus Emperor

"Oh my, so much blood!" Autolycus makes to swoon into the arms of someone brawnier than the victim, but finding no one available, settles for clapping her hands to her face. "Bsmith is far too majestic to be slain on minimal grounds, and Catharsis, is like, totally my dark-haired twin, so she can't be bad. Unless she's my evil twin. Hmmm..."
    "I know, I'll play rock paper scissors with myself. Paper, catharsis is evil, scissors, I pick the pizzaguy to slice up since he doesn't seem to be here anyway, rock, the supreme sorcerer has to go, since I'm an archmage!"
    "Spaceman it is!"

19. spaceman98

I agree. I too was skeptical of the case on Takhisis since his actions seem too overtly careless, but BSmith's "decisive vote" for Catharsis sealed the deal for me. Decisive bandwagons are rarely a good thing, especially with so little information, which makes me think that BSmith may have had other motives for his declaration, most likely saving Takhisis. I would hence be fine with a Takhisis lynch, or a BSmith lynch, as I suspect them both.

20. spaceman98