NOTW LII - The Immortals II [Game Thread - Concluded]

The Narcissistic Necromancer, devastated over the loss of his reflection pool, is frantic to find something to remind himself just how awesome he is. But then, against all odds, he is distracted by a handful of quotes made by the Druid. He feels compelled to say something.

"So we have this quote by our Druid 'friend,' asking our Ninja for an explanation of what happened. Okay, I can buy that, most people, myself included, would like some insight."

In my days we had people who did stuff instead of talking about it. Takhisis, give your explaination about the skyorbgrabbing. There might be a logical explaination for it. So before casting my vote I will wait him out.

"So we get the Ninja's response, must be weak, not built right, yadda yadda. Basically doesn't know why it exploded. Most people here agree if he were evil he wouldn't do something so obvious in front of everyone. Cases go elsewhere. Then our Druid follows it up with this:"

Is one of them Raw? I remember in my youth, I had some raw mana, and I tried to change it into something. Because I was so great, it immediatly worked (most youths these days are not that good anymore)

I accuse Takhisis. He clearly polluted the air orb, destroying it.

First part I have an issue with: everyone here can do that, you ain't special in that regard. To me, this screams of a 'look how helpful I can be, I'm awesome' (No, you're not, I'm awesome, but we knew that already, k?). Secondly, he's basically saying regardless of what Tak said, he thinks he broke it deliberately. So in essence, he didn't need Tak's explanation, his mind was already made up, just he didn't want to look all jumpy and bandwagony and go the obvious route.

"If we assume Feather's (and to a lesser extent Jarrema's (you could have asked this yesterday, bub) motive for a renewed Tak wagon is to try and save someone in the lead currently, that puts the spotlight on any one of Catharsis, BSmith, or spaceman. If Darth is innocent, I don't know what his motivation is for going after Tak again. This move just doesn't make sense at all if he's not Evil. So spaceman98, Darth Feather. I personally think it's a better case overall, and I think it'll give some more info also."

The Narcissistic Necromancer snaps out of reality and goes back to his own little world, running off in search for something reflective.

Catharsis

Revenge is a dish best served steaming hot, but in your case I'll have to settle for lukewarm. Which angers me. :mad:

Darth Feather

Where you're concerned, on the other hand... :trouble:

It was one thing for Catharsis to use the orb bit to nudge Takhisis into talking at the start of the day, but using it to push for his lynch at this stage just looks like a cheap excuse.

Also, I haven't forgetten how you over-stated the randomness of your accusation against me yesterday. With nothing at all to go on, it wasn't necessary to say that it was random in the first place, but still you went on to add a clarification. Under the circumstances, I see no reason why you'd care if people missed the point about it being random, unless you were nervous about being called out on your reasons.

:ninja:
The adept points to the bloodied, deceased body on the floor.

"Death."
You are aventurous but quiet. This is good, and honourable. Askthepizzaguy-san, I would like to offer you training in ninjutsu, should we both survive this, and should you prove yourself to be a man of wheaten worth.
I think Takhisis should explain what ninja is doing among magic wielders.
:huh: Needless repetition of questions, indeed! Ninjutsu is a powerful philosophy and way of life that includes use of the supernatural arts as well as equilibrium in one's mind and body. Ignorant Westerner! Why do I have to keep repeating myself!
Have I responded to your satisfaction?
No, young grasshopper. You barely make sense at all.
The Narcissistic Necromancer, devastated over the loss of his reflection pool, is frantic to find something to remind himself just how awesome he is. But then, against all odds, he is distracted by a handful of quotes made by the Druid. He feels compelled to say something.

"So we have this quote by our Druid 'friend,' asking our Ninja for an explanation of what happened. Okay, I can buy that, most people, myself included, would like some insight."

In my days we had people who did stuff instead of talking about it. Takhisis, give your explaination about the skyorbgrabbing. There might be a logical explaination for it. So before casting my vote I will wait him out.

"So we get the Ninja's response, must be weak, not built right, yadda yadda. Basically doesn't know why it exploded. Most people here agree if he were evil he wouldn't do something so obvious in front of everyone. Cases go elsewhere. Then our Druid follows it up with this:"

Is one of them Raw? I remember in my youth, I had some raw mana, and I tried to change it into something. Because I was so great, it immediatly worked (most youths these days are not that good anymore)

I accuse Takhisis. He clearly polluted the air orb, destroying it.

First part I have an issue with: everyone here can do that, you ain't special in that regard. To me, this screams of a 'look how helpful I can be, I'm awesome' (No, you're not, I'm awesome, but we knew that already, k?). Secondly, he's basically saying regardless of what Tak said, he thinks he broke it deliberately. So in essence, he didn't need Tak's explanation, his mind was already made up, just he didn't want to look all jumpy and bandwagony and go the obvious route.

"If we assume Feather's (and to a lesser extent Jarrema's (you could have asked this yesterday, bub) motive for a renewed Tak wagon is to try and save someone in the lead currently, that puts the spotlight on any one of Catharsis, BSmith, or spaceman. If Darth is innocent, I don't know what his motivation is for going after Tak again. This move just doesn't make sense at all if he's not Evil. So spaceman98, Darth Feather. I personally think it's a better case overall, and I think it'll give some more info also."

The Narcissistic Necromancer snaps out of reality and goes back to his own little world, running off in search for something reflective.
Very good analysis, Darth Feather-san and spaceman-kun could be a cabal of sorts. Now, let's delicious have some yakitori!
Catharsis

Revenge is a dish best served steaming hot, but in your case I'll have to settle for lukewarm. Which angers me. :mad:
I suggest, please to use a brazier.
May I ask why we are not executing BSmith-san anymore?

:ninja: Winston-san, rage is good when applied to the right target. Otherwise, it's just like moth in a candleflame.

But I can see you're angry, as you haven't even used a character sprite.

spaceman's argument seems reasonable, although I still have my eye on you.

Darth Feather, on the other hand, clearly doesn't have a reasonable reason for what he's doing.

The illustrious illusionist enters

Oh my! I'm not even sure I could pull off a trick such as a disappearing WAFER, I mean they look pretty solid to me....

And to break into segments like that! Why, it's nothing like sawing a person in twain!

Wait

The Adept raised a good point and the Council hastened to remove Zack's body from the chamber.

I'll uh

uh

I'll be right back

Alright, yeah, sup everyone? Things totally are cool, yeah just had to go take care of this one thing real fast.

So anyways, where were we?

In any case, I'm not one to fluff around

HEY RABBITS ARE AN IMPORTANT PART OF THE ACT. DON'T INSULT MR FLUFF

And yes, that is the rare, one and only, jackalope. Come see it, all for the price of one green WAFER . Or red, or blue, or raw, or other blue. Whatever floats your boat

so I'll get to the point pretty quickly. Winston has decided BSmith is a fine target to vote, and accusing him for not showing up yet is just throwing out something so no-one notices, its a throwaway. Of course these are to be expected from Day 2, but we're going to make something of it anyway.

Catharsis has gone for the easier target, Takhisis, which is even more of a throwaway then Winstons accusation so for my money, he's a good start.

Do my ears mishear? "This is terrible reasoning, but let's follow it anyways".

"Oh my, so much blood!" Autolycus makes to swoon into the arms of someone brawnier than the victim, but finding no one available, settles for clapping her hands to her face.

Hey baby, I may not look so strong, but trust me, I lift

The Cunning Conjuror suddenly speaks up.

That vote change by spaceman98 is incredibly flinchy. It looks like he only did it because Takhisis asked why spaceman was voting for him instead of BSmith and now he's scrambling back to cover his arse.

Well, good sir, your arse is not covered. I can see it from here.

Seriously, pull your pants up, dude.

"lawl look at everyone running around, let's just keep things here for a while"

choxorn-san appears to be making a sound judgement of spaceman-kun's behaviour. Now, the question is, should be lynch scummy BSmith-san or flinchy spaceman-kun?

seriously takhisis-san? Not only do you know all this is silly reasoning, but can you be even slightly more scummy contrasting "should we lynch this guy or this guy, nope, no one else is an option, and choxorn totally is super duper smart"

anyways, choxorn, I disliked that the most

"Wait, why exactly do you dislike me? You didn't really explain that."

seems lazy. seems avoidant to make contacts/connections/new accusations. 'Tis a small council, and we know we need to use the orbs for real magic.

All the lazy magicians can go perform at children's parties. Or, you know, teenage magicians. EVERYBODY HAS TO START SOMEWHERE MAN

though it wouldn't be such a bad job if I got payed in WAFERs

[since don't want to ninja edit]

'Tis a small council and we may not have time to waste! We need to start putting the orbs to use and go ahead and branch out, not just be lazy for the day

Evening Two

There was a great deal of conversation in regards to the Naive Ninja’a agility. There were some half-hearted attempts at blaming the Ninja for the precious Mana Orbs demise but nothing that really stuck. However the Ninja’s next action would be sure to set tongues wagging even more following day as he screamed out in a loud voice “Burial no Justsu!” The ground under seem to lose its solidarity and the ninja slid down calmly into the ground disappearing out of sight. The Determined Druid pointed at the spot where the ninja disappeared. “Quick, he getting away, after him.” He start to sprint towards the doors as if the Ninja had already escaped, the Majestic Magus started to object but found himself shoved out of the way by the Wrathful Warlock. The Druid in his determination did not notice the approaching Warlock. As they were both about to intersect the Druid stumbled and ended up flat on his face and the Warlock over ran him. The Druid tried to get up but found that his legs started sinking into the ground in the same manner as the Ninja had. However, he did not look calm about it. In fact he started to cry out. “Wait, wait, no…no…” A scream was drowned out as the Druid found himself completely submerged. The Ninja Popped back out of the ground. “What you looking at me for?” He asked innocently looking around. “He was the one, no?” The Ninja looked at the Adorable Archmage and she just waggled he finger and pointed behind him. The Ninja turned around to find the normally quite short Warlock towering over him. “He was mine to deal with!” She exclaimed and she hit the Ninja over the head raising a mighty lump. The other Mages did their best to ignore the Warlock and Ninja. “Suppose we had better bring him up?” Sighed the Firemage. The Druids body was summoned out of the ground by the illusionist and then searched for evidence. The Council found:

Spoiler :
Darth Feather the Determined Druid was Innocent

An Earth Mana Orb and Water Mana Orb were found on the Druid. The council decided that they would decide who they go to during the next day. For now they decided to retire for the night

~~~

It is now Night

Dawn Breaks in: [timer=04/04/2014 7:00 AM +13:00; Night has finished][/timer] at 4 Apr 2014 7:00 AM (+13:00)

Morning Three

Another Morning and another host with little sleep and creativity. Also there was another death.
Spoiler :
Askthepizzaguy the adventurous Adept was Innocent

A Raw Mana Orb was discovered on the body of the Adept but once again, as the Wrathful Warlock knocked everyone out of the way to claim it, the Raw Mana orb broke into useless fragments.

Oh well at least there was Former Druids Mana Orbs up for discussion this day.

~~~

It is now Day

Accusation in Bold
Votes for the Earth Mana in Green
Votes for the Water Mana in Blue

Night falls in: [timer=04/06/2014 7:00 PM +13:00; Day has finished][/timer] at 3 Apr 2014 7:00 PM (+12:00)

I guess the orbs of people who die shatter?

Speaking of orbs, I want that Earth Mana Orb.

:ninja: I am astonished that Askthepizzaguy-san did not make any Adventure Time-related quips, being so adventurous.

I propose that I, Takhisis the ninja, receive the water orb. I have an affinity for this element and would like to be able to do tier 2 spells. This, beyond doubt, would prove that ninjas can use magic, same as baka gai-jin who question our talents simply because they are too thick to notice them!
The illustrious illusionist enters
We have illusionists. I salute you, Kennigit-san. Any competent ninja is a master of illusions. Deceiving the enemy is an integral part of strategy.
noisy Kennigit-san said:
HEY RABBITS ARE AN IMPORTANT PART OF THE ACT. DON'T INSULT MR FLUFF
And here Kennigit-san makes an excellent show of deceit, almost making people believe that the jackalope is a real creature.
Kennigit-san said:
seriously takhisis-san? Not only do you know all this is silly reasoning, but can you be even slightly more scummy contrasting "should we lynch this guy or this guy, nope, no one else is an option, and choxorn totally is super duper smart"
I believe that, in your language, this is called a whole bunch of nonsense. Or some other word related to bovine fertiliser.
don't want to ninja
You reject your talents, Kennigit-san.
I guess the orbs of people who die shatter?
If the orb represents their life-force, then I should think so, choxorn-san.

Speaking of orbs, I want that Earth Mana Orb.
Speaking of which, choxorn-san was cunning enough to almost deceive me. Why do you want this Orb, choxorn-san?

I would like the Water Mana

Again, spaceman-kun, I would like an explanation of why you want this Water Mana Orb for yourself.

Again, spaceman-kun, I would like an explanation of why you want this Water Mana Orb for yourself.

Because it would allow me to use my tier two spell? Why else would I want one>

I would like to receive the Earth Manaand the Water Mana to achieve a personal goal (I like to challenge myself and i've heard setting goals is a good way, The Goddess Oprah spoketh thus on the magic picture box!) I will of course redistribute the 2 orbs to the players with the most legitimate claims - on pain of lynch.

Zack and Askpizza were two powerful wizards, seems strange they should perish one after another, Catharsis makes a valid point,
But you know what Visorslash, I'm not sure I like the implication that your accusation has any weightier reason behind it than mine! It's not exactly difficult to vote for the first person to vote. So what the hell, I'll tango. What was that line about Zack supposed to mean?
when I first read the Shamens comment it stood out, a very strange comment imo, very meta. Seeing how our more experienced wizards are being picked off and no explanation has been forthcoming i'm happy to suggest Visorslash as person of suspicion. No doubt he has a solid reasoning for his comments, so speak now and let us move on to the next suspect!

I still think Takhisis is guilty. No reasons, just gut feeling.

Choxorn can have earth mana. Remember about me when there would be fire orb for voting.

Top Bottom