Political Cartoons XII: Car Companies Collapse and Swine Flu Shenanigans

oh wow, those swine flu ones are idiotic.

is there really a swine flu hysteria breeding in the usa or is it just a few cartoonists?

Yes,there is in fact,Swine flu hysteria.A lot of people I know fear it like the friggin' plague.I know of 2 people besides myself who do not fear it.My Grandpa and Rush Limbaugh,

This thread needs moar political toons!

Sure is America in here. Let's fix that.

Australian cartoon. If someone could give me the context in one sentence, it would be most appreciated.

Australian cartoon. If someone could give me the context in one sentence, it would be most appreciated.

Rich executive (Jodee Rich) of company (OneTel) that went belly up escapes prosecution by ASIC (Australian Securities and Investments Commission; corporate watchdog), for which ordinary Australians apparently suffer. Honestly, I don't have much idea, but the guy with the massive chin is probably meant to be Jamie Packer (fellow OneTel director, and generally really famous rich dude).

And a couple from a little longer ago...

All Alan Moir, by the way, bar the first one.

Rich executive (Jodee Rich) of company (OneTel) that went belly up escapes prosecution by ASIC (Australian Securities and Investments Commission; corporate watchdog), for which ordinary Australians apparently suffer. Honestly, I don't have much idea, but the guy with the massive chin is probably meant to be Jamie Packer (fellow OneTel director, and generally really famous rich dude).

A valiant effort. :goodjob:

Anyway,

This one is too good not to post.

To give some context for those unaware of Australian politics, yesterday the Liberal Party (the major of the two coalition opposition parties) elected a new leader; Tony Abbott (as seen in the above cartoon), who represents the right (far right, some would argue) of the party. He was elected due to opposition to the Emissions Trading Scheme, as opposed to the prevoius leader's (Malcolm Turnbull) bipartisan support of the government's legislation (following modifications and negotiation). Hence the cartoon's presentation of Abbott. The cartoons in my previous post are almost all of Malcolm Turnbull, as his hold on the leadership gradually deteriorated. Note: Turnbull's popularity was very, very low. Abbott's is worse. So naturally, the cartoons do not portray them favourably, although there was a decided pro-Turnbull favouritism in the past week or so out of fear of anyone but Turnbull being opposition leader.

Economy:

Wailin' Palin:

Putin and Medvedev infinity paradox:

The captions on the leaders' faces here alternate between "bald" and "haired":

The Sochi Olympiad. The caption reads: "There will be snow!..."

Moar:

The Ukrainian melodrama:

Tandemocracy again:

Economy:

random, unrelated google search turned this up so I thought I'd share it

Can we bring back the 2/3 pics per post max rule?

This page is now really annoying to load as I have to get a months and a half of pictures loaded before i can scroll to the new one's.

Sorry for complaining.

Top Bottom