Proofs that God is imaginary

As Stolen Rutters pointed out, there's no problem with God listening to and answering every prayer as long as you don't require the answer to be "yes". At which point you're doing magic, which Christianity quite explicitly bans.

As Stolen Rutters pointed out, there's no problem with God listening to and answering every prayer as long as you don't require the answer to be "yes". At which point you're doing magic, which Christianity quite explicitly bans.

Does God ever answer, though?

Or does stuff you pray for just end up happening.. and sometimes it doesn't?

Cause that's not an answer, really. I can pray to something that obviously doesn't exist (ie. a 20 year old Hulk Hogan with a pink tail), and things I pray for will come true from time to time.

An answer is more like.. well, you know.. "Hey. Yeah, I'm listening."

If you don't know God is answering, and it may be no, then what reason have we to suppose that he is listening? I put Ockam into the ring.

When I was a kid, I used to pray for a new bike. And then I figured out how God worked, so I stole a bike and prayed for forgiveness.

When I was a kid, I used to plagarise the Bible, but then I realised how the Bible works and now I plagarise the whole internet, and pray for forgiveness.

I call bs. Non sequitur. See French Revolution.

edit - I need to check my reading comprehension.

Question: Do you mean if everyone thought alike there would be no wars? If so, I say that is not true. If you meant if everyone took the idea that no further comment is required (the old "live and let live" idea) then you have a point in my opinion. I assume the first. Hence my first sentence.
You were right though. I meant to say, that if every person on the earth would be part of just one religion, many reasons to wage war with each other would be nullified.
Aright, I must say, eastsidebagel, that you are the most funny person I have ever met! :lol: :lol: you consistanly try to prove the bible wrong, but for what purpose? So that you will have little 'I hate jesus and all he stands for' cronies? Thats funny.
So, you don't know much people, right? Actually, I'm a sad, self-loathing sack! :sad:
And I'm just stating my opinions about the Bible to let some try to open their eyes. If I actually have success with that is a different issue.
God cant answer every single prayer. If someone prays for the New Orleans saints to win, and someone prays for the Cardinals to win, someone is going to be dissapointed.
Pray the prayer in OP then.
It was a big flood. It was a big boat.
Not for millions of species, their food and their places of rest though.
If you dont want to be a christian, fine, but dont try to prove christians wrong at every single corner because you are insecure about your own faith.
On the opposite, I'm so very much secure about my own belief system that I'm even able to defend it against people who try to tell me otherwise. But I'm still open for constructive discussion, so bring it on.

If I were God, I'd be terribly offended that hundred of millions of people thought I wiped out masses of life a few thousand years ago ... and then claim to love me!

"What!?!" I'd say "You love a being that you think caused massive genocides? Really?" I'd be especially offended, because there's masses of evidence that I didn't commit those genocides. But, no, for some reason they'd prefer I was a mass-murdering god, and then love me for it.

Thats not how it works. If I prayed that I would just be asking "God, answer this prayer so that I can shove it in ESB's face".
If this little addition at the end would really guarantee that the prayer is answered, I'd be very grateful about it...:rolleyes:
So answer me, Jesus explicitly stated that even a prayer where you request that a mountain might move away from its original position would be answered, if you'd pray expressly in the name of himself. So why doesn't God answer a totally selfless and beneficial prayer where you wish for the global remedy from cancer?

You know how big the boat was then? you were there?

Actually, aren't the dimensions in the Bible? Cubits, I believe?

Edit- @damnation, thanks for sharing your views, I've never met someone who has believed the OT literally before.:)

You know how big the boat was then? you were there?
The measurements are clearly cescribed in the Bible. It was approximately as big as a football stadion when we count a biblical cubit as 0.52 m (I have no idea how many feet those are for you Americans). And I have no reason to doubt that even at the building instructions about the Ark which God transmitted to Noah, a cubit wasn't something more or less than that, because everywhere in the Bible where a cubit is mentioned, it talks about the same length.

Edit- @damnation, thanks for sharing your views, I've never met someone who has believed the OT literally before.:)
What did he tell what I haven't heard? :hmm:

Also, I know (read: knew) also some people who take the Bible serious word by word. According to my experience with them, they're pretty touchy when the conversation takes an unexpected direction though...

I tweak it a little bit in places.

The measurements are clearly cescribed in the Bible. It was approximately as big as a football stadion when we count a biblical cubit as 0.52 m (I have no idea how many feet those are for you Americans). And I have no reason to doubt that even at the building instructions about the Ark which God transmitted to Noah, a cubit wasn't something more or less than that, because everywhere in the Bible where a cubit is mentioned, it talks about the same length.

Maybe it was deep then. like really deep. idk :confused:

What did he tell what I haven't heard? :hmm:

Also, I know (read: knew) also some people who take the Bible serious word by word. According to my experience with them, they're pretty touchy when the conversation takes an unexpected direction though...

How DARE you take an unexpected turn in the conversation!

RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Maybe it was deep then. like really deep. idk :confused:
Sir, please ponder thoroughly about what you just said.
The lenght, the depth, the width and the seperation of the boat's inner rooms into different cabins are all fully described in the Bible, and when you take that information and make a sketch about how the boat must have looked like accordingly to the report in the Bible, you'd come to the conclusion that there's no way, that millions of species times two could have been packed into the Ark!

How DARE you take an unexpected turn in the conversation!

RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE RAGE :mad::mad::mad::mad:
Do prevent me doing it! ;)

Top Bottom