Hi,
how is it possible to change the price of apostles and missioniaries in the game files to an incredibly high amount, so that the AI couldn't spam me with his sh*t all the time? it's the most annoying feature of the game (with UN votings and spies) which totally destroys the game experience.

Base -> Assets -> Gameplay -> Data -> Units.xml

From row 723 there are detailed definitions. Find those related to UNIT_MISSIONARY and UNIT_APOSTLE. Most important are Cost and CostProgressionParam1.

(I kind of suspect this being a dumb question, if that's being the case, I apologize in advance.)
How can I drag pieces of art into another art museum, if the desired museum is outside the current snippet of that screen, which provides an overview of your relics / pieces of art / archaeological remants / ...?
I really want to theme my art muesum, yet I kind of have no idea, how I "move" the snippet to the desired museum without losing "hold" of that piece of art, which I'd like to drag into that museum. Drives me nuts.

How can I drag pieces of art into another art museum, if the desired museum is outside the current snippet of that screen, which provides an overview of your relics / pieces of art / archaeological remants / ...?
Alas, it's probably impossible. You should planned your art museums beforehand, to be on same snippet.

Alas, it's probably impossible. You should planned your art museums beforehand, to be on same snippet.

That is informative, thank you! ... and yet quite disillusioning.
Yeah, next time I will think beforehand, since I do not want to fall victim to bad design choices / oversights.

That is informative, thank you! ... and yet quite disillusioning.
Yeah, next time I will think beforehand, since I do not want to fall victim to bad design choices / oversights.
This time, you probably can make your themed museum through international trade.
Sell an item from your first art museum to another civ (preferably, ally or friend)
Sell an item from your second art museum to another civ (same as at previous step or not, doesn't matter)
Buy the item from your second art museum: it will appear in your first museum because it is first.
Buy the item from your first art museum: it will appear in your second museum because the first hasn't free slots.
You will loose some money, likely not a lot, but will receive result desired.

(I kind of suspect this being a dumb question, if that's being the case, I apologize in advance.)
I really want to theme my art muesum, yet I kind of have no idea, how I "move" the snippet to the desired museum without losing "hold" of that piece of art, which I'd like to drag into that museum. Drives me nuts.

It's quite possible to do it.

For Art Musem, there's a rule which makes it so you have to wait 10 turns after initially installing a piece before you can move... totally stupid, no real intelligent reason for it, but hey, what can you do ?

After those 10 turns, you can click on a piece, then drag it to another musem slot and reclick to fill that slot or swap with what's already there... and yes you can get to museum outside the viewable screen

There's also a configuration option that lets you choose how the UI reacts to this click and drag

Finally, for archeological museums, the rule is you can't switch out a piece if ALL the slots in the museum are not filled... but there's no 10 turns stupidity

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Hello, can somebody please tell me where to post some logs data ? My game keeps crashing when I try loading some new leaders mods(never did that 3 months ago when I last played it), and I don t think I can properly read the log data in order to detect the problem.

Is it better to chop multiple times in one city on the same turn??

Depends, What I do know is that any excess is carried over. So if you chop enough food, it'll grow by a pop (though you can't seem to grow 2 in pop, but the excess will just be used up the next turn). Production works the same way, so you can absolutely chop multiple times at once.

I also know that certain things carry modifiers, those modifier therefore also work with excess as far as I know.

Sorry if this has been asked. Does the Mapuche Golden Age combat bonus also work for heroic age?

Hey,
Can someone explain to me how the ''You have troops on my borders'' stuff works ? I told england that my armies are just passing by and left one warrior 2 tiles from her border and two archers 3 tiles from her border. (see picture)
Still after few turns I got the penalty for broken promise. Is there some exact formula how far from border I need to be ?

Last edited:
I have always assumed yes but I don't have any convenient way to test it at the moment.
Thanks, I assumed it would be the case. Also, @Jandos I believe the issue is the warrior. I think Victoria recently posted somewhere that 3 tiles away from the border is the magic number. 2 tiles or closer is counted as "too close." Also has to do with the amount and type of troops, as I think a solitary scout or two doesn't incur the penalty.

At what point do you start investing into Theater Squares if going for Science Victory?
Should you research them before Feudalism?
Do they come after the Campus and Commercial Hub?
Should you focus on buying Great Works from the AI these days?

Hello , has anything changed in the game files concerning policies ? I used to be able to easily find the values and tweak them, but now there are no more values in the policies notepad document.

Hello , has anything changed in the game files concerning policies ? I used to be able to easily find the values and tweak them, but now there are no more values in the policies notepad document.

I am looking at my files and I see arguments of modificators there. What is the name of the file you are looking into?

Top Bottom