I earned Hercules as Saladin but could not recall him later in the game. The city in which he was originally recruited would not show him on the faith purchase screen. On the heroes screen, just said deceased and never had a faith amount to reclaim him. I tried for a couple eras and still could not recall him.

This has never happened to me before with any heroes. Any idea why?

Didn't play much over the last month but I came back to some issues and I'm curious if this is just a known thing since the Dec. patch. My last 4 games were cut short by just an instant full shutdown of the game. I never remember seeing that happen. Also, did early barbarian AI get modified? I noticed they're more aggressive to adjacent warriors and also do not seem to easily fall for the whole "Slinger and Scout" trick. I mean it's nothing I can't handle but I certainly don't want to be anticipating dated AI maneuvers. Thanks.

Didn't play much over the last month but I came back to some issues and I'm curious if this is just a known thing since the Dec. patch. My last 4 games were cut short by just an instant full shutdown of the game. I never remember seeing that happen. Also, did early barbarian AI get modified? I noticed they're more aggressive to adjacent warriors and also do not seem to easily fall for the whole "Slinger and Scout" trick. I mean it's nothing I can't handle but I certainly don't want to be anticipating dated AI maneuvers. Thanks.
I'll answer your second question. Yeah, it seems like the December Patch updated Barbarian A.I. as well as Civilization A.I., which is a double-edged sword.
I'm grateful that they're fixing the A.I., while also lamenting the fact that Barbarians, who were already too powerful in Civ 6, got boosted even more. :p

lamenting the fact that Barbarians, who were already too powerful in Civ 6, got boosted even more. :p
I'm still fairly new to Civ6 but not the series, and I was shocked at how much trouble the barbarians were causing but after getting some hours in and getting a better understanding of the game mechanics of the barbarians (like the fact that they spawn 7 tiles away from a city and only if that tile is covered in fog or war) I actually appreciate the extra effort they put into ruining your plans. Them being relevant the whole game is nice too. When the barbarians are cruising along the coasts with nuclear submarines you know they mean business still.

I earned Hercules as Saladin but could not recall him later in the game. The city in which he was originally recruited would not show him on the faith purchase screen. On the heroes screen, just said deceased and never had a faith amount to reclaim him. I tried for a couple eras and still could not recall him.

This has never happened to me before with any heroes. Any idea why?
Is it possible that you only discovered Hercules, but an AI recruited him before you did?

Is it possible that you only discovered Hercules, but an AI recruited him before you did?
He did recruit Hercules, his problem is that he can't recall him. The City in which Hercules was recruited isn't showing any way to purchase Hercules.

I am in Democracy and have a -66 Diplo moddifier to the 4 civs who are in my previous government - merchant republic. The other 4 civs which aren't in merchant republic don't care about my government. Bug or normal?

I am in Democracy and have a -66 Diplo moddifier to the 4 civs who are in my previous government - merchant republic. The other 4 civs which aren't in merchant republic don't care about my government. Bug or normal?
Are there any other modifiers in play?

He did recruit Hercules, his problem is that he can't recall him. The City in which Hercules was recruited isn't showing any way to purchase Hercules.

Yes, I did in fact use him once, but that's it. Was not able to recall him.

The city was originally Georgian, but flipped to a free city and I conquered it. After that, I recruited Hercules in that city.

The city did flip to free once after that, but I conquered it again. Could that be it?

I may have traded away the relic associated with him. Does that matter?

Are there any other modifiers in play?
Dramatic ages, random techs, heroes... Practically all the NFP except Apocalypse. And I'm kind of dominating the game, took 2 civs out and took another 2 caps which got hit by the dark ages.
They hate me so much they downvoted my aid request, I didn't think that was possible..

Last edited:
Dramatic ages, random techs, heroes... Practically all the NFP except Apocalypse.
I meant what else could you have done to upset your neighbors?

I meant what else could you have done to upset your neighbors?
I don't know, a bit of everything, only common point is that I don't have the same secret society, but that minus I also have with some other civs.. See some relations:
Spoiler :

relations.jpg

Alchemical society building (replaces University) does not give +500 tourism from rock concerts. Is it a bug or was it intended?

Is this a bug or just a completely stupid decision by the game designers:
I am in turn 140 of my current game, and there is a region of seven tiles near my second city that is consstantly affected by drought for about 100 turns already. When one drought ends, the next one starts immediately. There were only very few turns in the whole game without drought. In two of these tiles there are districts by now, on others I put a farm but nothing changes, it's just drought after drought after drought, always on the exact same seven tiles. This cannot be right, or can it?

Top Bottom