1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions and Answers

Quick Questions and Answers

1. Linklite

Linklite Emperor

I'm not entirely sure what you are referring to. You have to build within 3 tiles of the CC (the city can take tiles up to 5 away, but only those within 3 can have Districte etc). If you're referencing the fact that you can't build to the east, the tiles probably belong to the other city there - a tile has to belong to a specific city before you can have that tile be built on by that city. You might be able to swap them.

Let me know the details and I might be able to be more specific.

officialjab likes this.
  2. Old Victoria

Old Victoria Chieftain

What are you trying to build? Encampment? Encampments can't be built adjacent to city centers. Or is it a wonder? Check if the wonder can't be built adjacent to city center. All the other hexes that you can't build on either have a district on them or a strategic resource (you can't harvest them, so you also can't build on top of them)

Knightfall and officialjab like this.
  3. officialjab

officialjab Chieftain

In that case it was an Encampment but also had trouble building a theater-adjacent womder out west there. Also can't improve the niter. Encampments can do on desert right? Or the woods or wheat in the south, by automatically removing them?

Knightfall likes this.
  4. Linklite

Linklite Emperor

Look back at my post, I explain the building ranges. Let me know if you don't understand it.

With regards to the nitre improvement...I don't know why not, if you're referring to the one to the west. Builders should be able to improve strategic resources so long as its within the birder, even 4 ir 5 tiles out.

officialjab and Knightfall like this.
  5. Old Victoria

Old Victoria Chieftain

Sorry I'm late. It's what Linklite said: you can't build anything farther than the 3 hexes around the city center. The weird thing: improvements are the exception: although you can't work tiles (so mine for production would be a waste of builder charges), if the improvement is on a strategic resource, then you'll accumulate the resource. So I can't quite figure out why you wouldn't be able to build a niter mine in there.

6. Linklite

Linklite Emperor

I'm looking at your strategics and they seem incredibly low, even the obsolete ones like iron and horses. I have to ask, do you know that you have to build improvements with a builder to get things like nitre, horses etc, like you would with a farm or a quarry? It's not done via the city?

7. web25

web25 Warlord

I have 10 plus luxuries and most of my cities are unhappy. I just finished a war is there anything i can do?

8. Buktu

Buktu Prince

Wait for the war weariness to disappear, trade for more luxuries and get national parks and ECs up especially with zoos and stadiums. The Colosseum and the Estadio do Maracana help as well.

9. Linklite

Linklite Emperor

War weariness usually disappears pretty quickly once you are at peace, so it should be fine within a few turns - unless it was a marathon war or something. Otherwise, just do what Buktu said - treat it as you would any other amenity shortage and stay away from war for a while.

10. Linklite

Linklite Emperor

What are the circumstances in which you'll be forced into a war? Sometimes when someone declares war on an ally, it'll say that I declared war on them, other times we remain at peace.

11. Buktu

Buktu Prince

When your ally gets dowed you get into the war as long as you are not friends/allies with his opponent.

Old Victoria and Linklite like this.
  12. web25

web25 Warlord

What do i get denounced after a small war after im at peace.

also

what are the red explantion dots on cities during deplomacy?

13. Linklite

Linklite Emperor

The game works on a grievance system as well as an interaction system. Your war caused grievances which added a negative modifier to your diplomatic relations with other civs. If your diplomatic relations get too low, they'll most likely denounce you - your war along with other actions most likely dropped your diplomatic relations too low and so they denounced you. Doesn't mean much though, your trade options with them would have been pathetic beforehand anyway, and the AI is happy enough to declare a surprise war that them denouncing you isn't in any way a prelude to war, so it basically means nothing apart from that.now you don'thave to wait before using Cassus Belli to declare war them, if you so wish. :dunno:

If you're referring to what I think you are, it means that those cities are a deal breaker - they're not willing to trade them under any circumstances.

Old Victoria likes this.
  14. zxcvbob

zxcvbob Emperor

How do you get a slinger promoted to level 3 for that achievement, I think it's called Flight Slingulator. Do you have to play at epic or marathon speed to get him to level 2, then build Terracotta Army to get the third promotion? I've tried parking one in an encampment and the declaring war on the neighbor civ -- so it can throw rocks at them. (a golden age war, so nobody cares) But the AI is not sending any units in range.

(I accidentally posted this in the Civ 5 forum first. Going to delete that now...)

15. Buktu

Buktu Prince

I think there are some generals that give a promotion. If you get 2 of these you dont even need terracotta army.

16. zurichuk

zurichuk King

I remember putting my slinger on the coast and taking potshots at barb and enemy ships

Old Victoria likes this.
  17. Time Tested

Time Tested Warlord

Question about multiplayer. I have GS+R&F and my friend has GS+R&F. Neither of us has NFP. When I start an Internet game, we have access to all civs/leaders, buildings, and wonders from all expansions including NFP. Is this expected, or am I experiencing some kind of bug?

18. KingPiggyXXI

KingPiggyXXI Chieftain

This is usually expected, every multiplayer game will allow players access to those things, even if none of the players in the game actually own it. You can actually do a multiplayer game with just yourself, and you're still going to have access to those expansions.

Old Victoria and Time Tested like this.
  19. web25

web25 Warlord

Updated my ps4 version of the game to 1.15.

How do i get a full screen?

I have my tv set to 16:9

I also went into my ps4 display and expanded the view.

Thanks.

20. Ticio

Ticio Prince

Hi everyone! just one stupid question, but I have doubts about the "+ X% bonus production to Y" works.

How does it work exactly? do they add more production toward the completition of the "Y" or they lessen the amount of total production required?

For example, I assume City Patron Goddess, Agoge or Maritime Industries use the same technique to reduce the amount of production (turns) required, but how?