Is there a setting to slow the game down?

Ive tried marathon but that just made units\buildings longer to produce.
I think you mean also have the units yake longer to traverse the map. No, you can't. You can only change research, production and resource gathering via game speed. Unit movement is constant.

Has anyone else had a little trouble with getting City-States to form from Barbarian Tribes in the respective mode? I thought if you turned City-States to 0 in the menu, all of your City-States would form from Barbarian Camps, but when I did it, none of the Tribes gain progress towards city-statehood at all.
Bump :undecide:

It'll spawn in a single City-State, but all other ones will be from Barbarian Tribes. Setting City-States to 0 essentially disables City-States entirely, so the best option would be to let a single City-State spawn in and have everything else come from Barbarian Tribes.

So that won't just spawn in a single, fully formed city-state? Or only allow one barb tribe to upgrade?
What Piggy said. Setting it to zero prevents all CSs from appearing. Setting it to above one allows that many CSs to spawn naturally plus as many Barb camps that appear and progress to become CSs, only limited by the number of CSs in your CS picker (max 48, also the default).

What exactly determines loyalty? I knocked out Ethiopia only to find, a few turns later, that they manage to flip a city back to them and they came back. I thought that loyalty pressure would cease once they were knocked out?

Free cities flip to the civ that had the biggest influence over all the turns they were loosing loyalty, it does not matter if that particular civ died. If you press on the loyality for a free city you should see all civs and the amount of pressure they asserted.

Free cities flip to the civ that had the biggest influence over all the turns they were loosing loyalty, it does not matter if that particular civ died. If you press on the loyality for a free city you should see all civs and the amount of pressure they asserted.
Ah right OK, thanks. I think I really need to delve into the loyalty system, the whole scenario didn't really make sense to me, why they were even exerting more loyalty than me anyway.

Reactions: PiR
If you play a hotseat game, do you get achievements for anything someone does that is not player 1? :D

Also, is it just me or is forest fire/meteor showers bugged again?

Reactions: PiR
If the wording of the Wiki is accurate, then yeah, you can.

Gaul game where I got a religion as an afterthought. I'm getting a minor holy site adj. for mines and I've no idea why.

Gaul. Divine Spark and Work Ethic. Clans, SS, Corps and Heros (none recruited). Immortal, default settings. Only Singapore vassalized. Only UI mods.

Two questions about the newly added huge earth map:
1.) I play as China but I started in South America. Is it somehow possible to start where China is located in the real world?
2.) For some reason I cannot build any dams, is this a bug?

Top Bottom