There is no way to cancel a trade route prior to its expiration (other than as a result of a DOW), but you should get the prompt to reassign the trade route when it expires. Does it just keep saying 8 turns on every turn? What game speed are you playing?

Do Eureka/Inspiration flow over?

Assume 7 Science per turn. Tech costs 50. Previous overflow is 1. So starting at 1/50. Eureka is worth 25 Science.
  • If already had Eureka: research starts from 26/50, tech is finished in 4 turns, 28-24=4 Science overflow to next tech.
  • If research 4 turns then let Eureka finish the tech, we will leave it at 29/50, and Eureka takes it to 50/50 = no overflow.
  • If research 3 turns then come back after Eureka: 22/50 -> Eureka = 47/50 -> research 1 turn = 54/50 = 4 Science overflow to next tech.
If Eureka does not overflow, it seems that we should never pre-research a tech over the half-way mark?

I'm trying to figure out how to heal my naval units but the "rest and repair" icon is shaded out. Anyone know?

I'm trying to figure out how to heal my naval units but the "rest and repair" icon is shaded out. Anyone know?

Is the naval unit in your territory? Only Norway naval units can heal outside of your borders without promotions.

Is the naval unit in your territory? Only Norway naval units can heal outside of your borders without promotions.
I figured it out, I think. It was a great admiral that I turned into an ironclad, only I hadn't unlocked the tech for that unit yet. As soon as I researched steam power I could heal

Do Eureka/Inspiration flow over?

Assume 7 Science per turn. Tech costs 50. Previous overflow is 1. So starting at 1/50. Eureka is worth 25 Science.
  • If already had Eureka: research starts from 26/50, tech is finished in 4 turns, 28-24=4 Science overflow to next tech.
  • If research 4 turns then let Eureka finish the tech, we will leave it at 29/50, and Eureka takes it to 50/50 = no overflow.
  • If research 3 turns then come back after Eureka: 22/50 -> Eureka = 47/50 -> research 1 turn = 54/50 = 4 Science overflow to next tech.
If Eureka does not overflow, it seems that we should never pre-research a tech over the half-way mark?

The pre-release games indicated it does not overflow. You get 50% of the tech's cost at the point you gain the Eureka or Inspiration irrespective of how much you have researched.

Two:
Does the city screen show how long until natural culture expansion?

Much more importantly, am I missing something, or is there no way to disable auto unit scroll? The auto unit scroll is driving me crazy.

Is there a way to cycle though units like in V with , and . ? I didn't see a key binding for it in the options.

Is there a build queue / production queue? Driving me a bit nuts...

I have the same question. I was trying to queue Scout, Monument etc at game start but can only seem to change production queue, not add to it. That would be very irritating and I'm sure I'm just missing something obvious :confused:

How do you cancel and reassign trade routes? I see it saying "trade route will last 8 turns", tons of turns has passed and nothing happens.
I have the same issue.. even super short ones with duration showing as only *5* turns have been going on forever and no way to reassign

Where can i see the overall score? I have deselected winning by score as a victory type. But would like to see it like in civ 5.

Do captured/annexed cities indefinitely operate at super low productivity? I captured a capital and even though it says it has 10 hammers, production times are only as if it has 3 hammers

I have the same issue.. even super short ones with duration showing as only *5* turns have been going on forever and no way to reassign
The turns shown are how many turns it takes to get to the destination city just one time. I have put a map pin on the map indicating when I started after I was able to restart the trade route, so I'll be able to see how long it takes this time around. My suspicion is that it goes that many CIRCUITS to the destination and back.

BTW your trading post is installed after the trade route is finished and it can be reassigned.

Top Bottom