1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions and Answers

Quick Questions and Answers

1. RaidandTrade

RaidandTrade Prince

Is there a way to change the number of auto saves kept to more than 10 (i.e., like we did for Civ V for GOTM and HOF submissions)?

2. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

This option is not there if you deselect winning by score victory type. I could see it on my first game as Rome when i did not deselect it as well.
    Would like to see rankings while deselecting winning by score victory type.

3. Mustakrakish

Mustakrakish In 'Node' We Trust

But, but they were saying the shorter the route the shorter it takes? Did they scrap that and went with simply 30 turns all??? In that case the interface showing the duration / length of the route is absolutely useless :/

4. Firewrx

Firewrx Chieftain

Do you take advantage of faster movement on roads of the other Civs?

5. oedali

oedali King

I think I figured out the trade route thing.. it's not a bug it works but I think the minimum is 20 or 30 turns. So even my super short trade route of 5 turns took about that much and finally I was able to reassign

6. Michał5

Michał5 Chieftain

Can you turn off unit autoswitch in a full game? It was terriblly irritating in a beta...

7. buhda

buhda Chieftain

What are the hot keys for zoom?

8. WesW

WesW Warlord

How do you promote units? I got a indicator that said I could promote a scout, but I can't figure out how to get any options to appear. I can't find anything about this anywhere.

9. ameer

ameer Chieftain

Does the UI show turns until cultural borders expansion like in civ5?

Mahasona likes this.
  10. Banners

Banners Chieftain

Is there a Notification Log? And can you automate Scouts? Cheers.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  11. JDexter

JDexter Prince

An icon appears in the "unit action area" in the right lower corner of the screen (to the left of the "next turn" button). It's quite small, so just hover over all icons until you get the correct one.

12. Stilgar08

Stilgar08 Emperor

Do you need a certain tech so that your builders can repair pillaged or damaged stuff?? My Legions can... :confused:

13. Stilgar08

Stilgar08 Emperor

Yes You can - Groff made a quote somewhere:

Michał5 likes this.
  14. WesW

WesW Warlord

Ok, thanks!

15. WesW

WesW Warlord

I still wasn't seeing anything, but I just read in the thread about gathering info from sources that you have to be in friendly territory before you can upgrade. Things like this are crucial. I hope that whoever compiled the game's civilopedia received half pay, because they did a half-assed job of it.

For my next question, can you manually place citizens anymore? If so, how?

I have been playing civ since 1993 and civ 1, and I have never been this confused about basic things before.

16. JDexter

JDexter Prince

You were asking for promoting, not upgrading. Both systems work like the always have - by clicking an icon next to the other action icons.

You can enter manual placement mode of citizens using a button at the bottom right of the screen - in city view mode (double? click your city to enter that mode).

17. Sic

Sic Chieftain

- Roads that other civs make to my cities don't connect to my cities, it just goes to my border, then stops. Has this been discussed? Is it proper behaviour?
    - The "turn counter" on in-map city plaque doesn't update in real-time. If I change anything (when managing citizens, for instance), it stays the same, while the counter on my city tab changes. UI Bug?
    - The game doesn't move the map to where barbarian actions are happening (like pillaging improvements). Bug?

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  18. qadams

qadams Bohemian

How do you move envoys from one city-state to another? I can't figure that mechanism out...

19. mdl5000

mdl5000 Prince

Is there any word on a demo? I'm not buying it yet.

20. ipris

ipris Warlord

The number pad for unit movement. It seems like this no longer exists as an option in Civ 6. Or am I missing an option somewhere where you can still use teh number pad to designate a unit's move direction?