1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions and Answers

Quick Questions and Answers

1. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Nope, Auckland does, If Liang is in the city, he does, but apparently the Sea god does not like penning fish in cages. Let’s be fair, I think it would be a bit much.

Kjimmet and 0urBall like this.
  2. Playsoneasy

Playsoneasy Chieftain Supporter

I've just noticed Civ 6 Platinum Edition is on sale for £16.46 on the 2K store, and I'm sorely tempted. Now, the Plat. Edition is the all inclusive bundle, right?

I just want to make sure I'm getting my money's worth. :D

Last edited: Dec 20, 2021
  3. Linklite

Linklite Emperor

It doesn't include NFP.

It has the vanilla, R+F, GS plus the individual preNFP DLCs, but none of the paid NFP DLCs. For those as well, you need to get the Anthology.

Playsoneasy likes this.
  4. Eddie Verdde

Eddie Verdde Chieftain

In the vanilla version the only food crops are Rice and Wheat. In the last updates they added maize. If I mprove it with a farm does it count as food resource for the water mill bonus?

5. MrRadar

MrRadar Emperor

Watermill improves bonus resources improvable by a farm, and maize is a bonus resource, so yes, a watermill boosts it as well. Note that maize is not a food resource, it is a gold (money) resource.
    Also note that a watermill adds 1 food to such tiles regardless of whether they're already improved by a farm or not yet, the description is not entirely correct. A farm just adds a further unit of food of its own or more, depending on the adjacencies.

Bostock and Eddie Verdde like this.
  6. Mango201

Mango201 Chieftain

Spec Ops can paradrop if starting in a friendly tile. The range is extended if starting in an Aerodrome or Airstrip.

Q: Can they still Paradrop if the Airstrip is outside friendly territory?

7. Ordnael

Ordnael Chieftain

Not sure if proper thread for this question but here it goes.

Context: Last game I played got really slow between turns, like almost 2 minutes, getting really noticeable at the start of industrial era. I even deactivated combat animations! I play CIV VI on a Nintendo Switch, the game was Immortal on epic speed with 8 civs, plus heroes, corporations, zombies, apocalypse and secret societies mode active. AI civs spreading like rabbits with 15+ cities and my civ with less than 10.

Question: Is this too much for my Switch? What parameters cause the most slow down? Does game speed also affect turn speed?

I am already contemplating playing the next game with 6 civs, including me and take apocalypse and zombies out of the equation.

8. Linklite

Linklite Emperor

Yes, the problem is the Switch. It just doesn't gave the power to deal with the game. I suspect that it really wasn't optimised properly - Aspyr has been very slow and they've done a terrible job with parts of it. It wouldn't surprise me if they did optimise it properly.

I think the biggest is map size/number if civs. Animations will help , but the map size and number of civs is the real problem.

I would suggest posting it in the Switch section, but it's been dead for months.

Ordnael likes this.
  9. MrRadar

MrRadar Emperor

Yes, I agree with that - Switch seems to be the weakest of all platforms for Civ VI. The best map here is probably Tiny for 4 civs, and Small for 6 civs would be the reasonable limit. If you go bigger, you can probably plan to do a lot of chores at home in between the turns :) The more map tiles you uncover and the more things, like cities and units, are on them - the more sweat Switch will break. And the modes with carpets of zombies and cultists should be a real killer, I imagine.

Ordnael likes this.
  10. Ordnael

Ordnael Chieftain

I already do some very small chores in between those long turns:lol:
    It would pain me a lot turning off secret societies...I never uses the cultist one, but the AI does seem to abuse on those carpet of zombies. I always go for vampires or owls of minerva, simpler and more to the point!
    Gave up on barbarian clans mode because of the slow down.
    I will try a small game next time!
    Never went for any game above standard...if one day I hit my head real hard and decide to go for some spring cleaning I might try a huge map with lots of civs!:D

11. KaptainK714

KaptainK714 Warlord

i had a pop up for this when I came across Giants Causeway. It disappeared quickly so I'm not sure of spelling.
    It doesn't show up in Great Works.
    What is it and what bonus does it give

Thanks

12. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

13. dr_s

dr_s Prince

I don't understand the yield of the farm that's getting 4 food and 2 production in this screenshot. I have feudalism ... is the adjacency bonus for feudalism +1 food for every two neighboring farms, or just for the first two neighboring farms? And why does that farm have 2 production when the other three have 1 production? All four farms that are circled are plains floodplains. Thanks.

Attached Files:

14. Buktu

Buktu Prince

My guess those tiles were flooded a few times and some gained yields in the process.

15. dr_s

dr_s Prince

Yes, I'm sure that's it. Thanks.

16. 5MeO

5MeO Chieftain

Playing as Menelik, at turn 18, I have 6 faith per turn. 4 come from the Old God Obelisk in the capital. 1 come from an envoy sent to the Armagh city-state. But I can't figure out where the other faith comes from. The mouseover tip from the city panel says: 4 from buildings; 2 from modifiers.

Any idea where that other faith is coming from? I've attached a saved game if anyone wants to look.

Edit:
    Never mind. The other faith is from God King policy. Guess I need another coffee :blush:.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2022
  17. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

Simple question: How is it possible that I can 1-turn a Musketman? Don't get me wrong, I have good production in this city, and probably some overflow (I built a Dam before this, for the record), but:
    -I have no 50% bonus production towards melee units card slotted (note that I did have an older version of the card slotted in the past)
    -The cheaper military units resolution isn't in effect (though it was before)
    -There are no militaristic city states that I have met
    -I have no Encampment in this city anyway
    -Standard game speed
    -No mods that affect production costs except for my own, which doesn't (currently) affect any military units

Basically, I'm somehow building a 240 production cost unit in one turn in a city with 49 production/turn. To give an idea, those 3-turn projects have a stated cost of 137 production and the Settler has a stated cost of 340 production.
    upload_2022-3-12_13-47-5.png

Knightfall likes this.
  18. tedhebert

tedhebert Emperor

@Leyrann My guess would be that you just lost a wonder chase... when the other civ completed the wonder, you got a certain % of the production you had put in on the wonder back, and it's in your overflow bin

Knightfall likes this.
  19. GinandTonic

GinandTonic Saphire w/ Schweps + Lime

If so it is not possible to overflow into projects. Never knew that.

Knightfall likes this.
  20. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

I wasn't building a wonder though. In fact, I haven't even attempted building a single wonder so far this game.

Knightfall likes this.