Hello guys,
My city seems to be blocked at 5 population and I dont understand why:

Any ideas ? :)

not enough food coming in… you have options, but in my opinion the obvious one at this stage of the game is to build a settler… your population will go down by one, the city will restart producing pop and you will start expanding your empire.

other options: get enough amenities so that your city will produce +10% food, but you’re far from that and it’s too early in the game to easily achieve… Also choose food as the city production priority, but in this case, it won’t make you produce more, the city already uses all the best food tiles it has, so you’d have to get some 2 food tiles around by buying and build farm on them…

Still… for your game’s sake, build a settler 😀

Et si tu as des difficultés avec l’anglais, n’hésite pas a m’envoyer un message 😁 Bonne chance !

not enough food coming in… you have options, but in my opinion the obvious one at this stage of the game is to build a settler… your population will go down by one, the city will restart producing pop and you will start expanding your empire.

other options: get enough amenities so that your city will produce +10% food, but you’re far from that and it’s too early in the game to easily achieve… Also choose food as the city production priority, but in this case, it won’t make you produce more, the city already uses all the best food tiles it has, so you’d have to get some 2 food tiles around by buying and build farm on them…

Still… for your game’s sake, build a settler 😀

Et si tu as des difficultés avec l’anglais, n’hésite pas a m’envoyer un message 😁 Bonne chance !

I dont think it was food issue > i could set focus on food (or do it manually) still the city was blocked (save file attached :'Start monument').
And yes I know for the settler :D i was making some test on the same start with different approach up to turn 25 ;) (and actually that one is not the worst), here I wanted to reach the 6 pop for an inspiration before starting the settler ;)

edit : lets add the initial save + another run with early settlers if anyone cares :o

Attachments

• Start monument.Civ6Save
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
  • Start expansion.Civ6Save
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
  • Start.Civ6Save
    784.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
As I mentioned, Setting focus on food won't change a thing because your city already uses all the better food tiles in the city present scope. You could buy a 2 food tile (the tile beside the rice) and build a farm, it would make it a 3 food tile and setting focus on food, it would be used instead of a 2 food tile presently used.

Perhaps I'm reading it wrong, but it looks like they have a surplus of 3.2f. The city requires 66f to grow to 6pop. Therefore, if food were the limiting factor, we'd expect growth within 21 turns, which would be displayed.

Quick question!:
Tourism is a cumulative over time thing, right? If I don't meet all the other civs until late, is that going to result in a longer Cultural victory?

I was trying to figure out what it took me until Turn 324 to finish my Prince, Standard Continents game.
I figured the big issue was that I didn't meet all the other Civs until like Turn 150 or so.
I started the game with my own continent and as of turn 323, this is what I had:
Spoiler DETAILS: :

• 9 Cities all with Theater Squares
  • 63 Great Works from Great People & Trading with other Civs. 4 Of my Art Museums had Theming Bonuses
  • 1160 Culture Per Turn, while the next ones were Kristina (231) and Peter (173)
  • 963 Tourism per Turn. #2 was Peter, who had 334 Domestic Tourists
  • Trade Routes + Open Borders with every other Civ
  • Wonders Built: Oracle, Colossus, Mausoleum, Great Lighthouse, Cristo Redentor, Forbidden City, Eiffel Tower, Sydney Opera House
  • Entire Civic Tree already completed and was also the lead in Science.
  • I started spamming Rock Bands as soon as I could.
  • Had 3 National Parks, 4 Ski Lodges, 4 Seaside Resorts
  • The Other Civs: Peter, Saladin, Victoria, Ambiorix, Jadwiga, Kristina, Kupe

Last edited:
Quick question!:
Tourism is a cumulative over time thing, right? If I don't meet all the other civs until late, is that going to result in a longer Cultural victory?

I was trying to figure out what it took me until Turn 324 to finish my Prince, Standard Continents game.
I figured the big issue was that I didn't meet all the other Civs until like Turn 150 or so.
I started the game with my own continent and as of turn 323, this is what I had:
Spoiler DETAILS: :

• 9 Cities all with Theater Squares
  • 63 Great Works from Great People & Trading with other Civs. 4 Of my Art Museums had Theming Bonuses
  • 1160 Culture Per Turn, while the next ones were Kristina (231) and Peter (173)
  • 963 Tourism per Turn. #2 was Peter, who had 334 Domestic Tourists
  • Trade Routes + Open Borders with every other Civ
  • Wonders Built: Oracle, Colossus, Mausoleum, Great Lighthouse, Cristo Redentor, Forbidden City, Eiffel Tower, Sydney Opera House
  • Entire Civic Tree already completed and was also the lead in Science.
  • I started spamming Rock Bands as soon as I could.
  • Had 3 National Parks, 4 Ski Lodges, 4 Seaside Resorts
  • The Other Civs: Peter, Saladin, Victoria, Ambiorix, Jadwiga, Kristina, Kupe
Tourism victories really depend on a lot of factors and, for me playing on Emperor, a turn 324 victory is entirely reasonable, especially since Peter is the in game. To win a tourism victory, you basically need to have more international tourists than the civ with the most domestic tourists. So, you needed 335 international tourists to win the game. That's a lot. Looking at what you provided, four national parks isn't enough. They are really good a generating tourism in the long turn so you want to get as many as you can as early as you can. More Seaside Resorts would also be good but those are hard to get. Once you get Conservation, and the Radio, you basically need to rework your empire to fit as many parks in resorts in it as possible. Rock Bands also need to be used strategically, specifically spending at the civs with the most tourism since Rock Bands take away domestic tourists and therefore reduce the amount of tourists you need to win the game.

Tourism victories really depend on a lot of factors and, for me playing on Emperor, a turn 324 victory is entirely reasonable, especially since Peter is the in game. To win a tourism victory, you basically need to have more international tourists than the civ with the most domestic tourists. So, you needed 335 international tourists to win the game. That's a lot. Looking at what you provided, four national parks isn't enough. They are really good a generating tourism in the long turn so you want to get as many as you can as early as you can. More Seaside Resorts would also be good but those are hard to get. Once you get Conservation, and the Radio, you basically need to rework your empire to fit as many parks in resorts in it as possible. Rock Bands also need to be used strategically, specifically spending at the civs with the most tourism since Rock Bands take away domestic tourists and therefore reduce the amount of tourists you need to win the game.
Ahhhh, yeah, looking at my Tourism overview, it feels like the National Parks got a lot more bang for your buck, besides the Art Museums with theming bonuses.

Any suggestions for how I could've planned this a little better?:

Spoiler Screenshot of Map: Tourism Detail :
1685823098562.png

Ahhhh, yeah, looking at my Tourism overview, it feels like the National Parks got a lot more bang for your buck, besides the Art Museums with theming bonuses.
Yeah, unless you have a lot of themed Museums, Great Works aren't the best way to generate tourism. They still matter since you need to squeeze as much tourism out of everything you can because ever point of tourism matters. Though the policy cards near the end of the civics can help as well.

Any suggestions for how I could've planned this a little better?:
Not really. Empire planning is really crucial for a tourism victory so you need to plan out your empire as soon as you start settling your cities. Use the map tacks to make where ever you seen a good spot for a National Park to make sure you don't put a district there by accident. Also, since the amount of tourism generated by a National Park or Resort is equal to the total appeal of it tile(s), make you are placing your Holy Sites, Theater Squares, and Entertainment District/Water Park next to them as they give +1 appeal to adjacent tiles, while also avoid putting Industrial Zones near them since they give -1 appeal. Trees also give +1 appeal to surrounding tiles so you can use builders to plant tree to create tiles that will be able to become Parks and Resorts once you unlock them.

Yeah, unless you have a lot of themed Museums, Great Works aren't the best way to generate tourism. They still matter since you need to squeeze as much tourism out of everything you can because ever point of tourism matters. Though the policy cards near the end of the civics can help as well.

Not really. Empire planning is really crucial for a tourism victory so you need to plan out your empire as soon as you start settling your cities. Use the map tacks to make where ever you seen a good spot for a National Park to make sure you don't put a district there by accident. Also, since the amount of tourism generated by a National Park or Resort is equal to the total appeal of it tile(s), make you are placing your Holy Sites, Theater Squares, and Entertainment District/Water Park next to them as they give +1 appeal to adjacent tiles, while also avoid putting Industrial Zones near them since they give -1 appeal. Trees also give +1 appeal to surrounding tiles so you can use builders to plant tree to create tiles that will be able to become Parks and Resorts once you unlock them.
Gotcha. But back to my original question, does it hurt that I didn't meet the other civilizations until Turn 150 or so? Took me awhile to get Trade Routes set-up.
I was wondering if I should've made an earlier beeline toward Cartography and made more of an effort to get exploring ships/Scouts out there.

Gotcha. But back to my original question, does it hurt that I didn't meet the other civilizations until Turn 150 or so? Took me awhile to get Trade Routes set-up.
I was wondering if I should've made an earlier beeline toward Cartography and made more of an effort to get exploring ships/Scouts out there.
Yes and no. You can't generate tourism against a Civ you haven't met but it does take a while to set up trade route with everyone on the map. Its more important to meet them than to have a trade route with them. Trade routes are important and you should get them when you can but I wouldn't say its important to rush Cartography since you don't really start generating large amounts of tourism until the late game. Its important to meet everyone before you unlock Conservatism and get access to National Parks. I would say trades route are a moderate priority, so important to have but not something you should rush to get.

Hello!
1. I came to you for help. My friend is making the localization of Civilization 6 Ukrainian. At the moment, only text, but we want to do voiceover and do not understand which files need to be replaced. How to solve this technically?

2. I also have another question, I am working on a Ukrainian-language wiki. Can you advise where I can get game assets, or anything else interesting for our users?

Hello!
1. I came to you for help. My friend is making the localization of Civilization 6 Ukrainian. At the moment, only text, but we want to do voiceover and do not understand which files need to be replaced. How to solve this technically?

2. I also have another question, I am working on a Ukrainian-language wiki. Can you advise where I can get game assets, or anything else interesting for our users?
Welcome to CivFanatics! :goodjob::woohoo::dance:[party]

For your question 2, please visit one of the Civ6 pages known as the "Gallery" https://forums.civfanatics.com/media/categories/civilization-vi-gallery.39/ for screen shots, game art, and other graphical items. Please remember to give credit to the creators, where it is listed.

For your question 1, please visit the forum for "Civ 6 Creation and Customization," especially this subforum where they offer tips and tutorial guides https://forums.civfanatics.com/forums/civ6-modding-tutorials-reference.555/
If you don't find a direct answer there, you may also post your question about replacing the voiceover audio files.

What are criteria for Venetian Arsenal placement. Have Industrial zone on coast, 1 or 2 undeveloped coast times by zone, but still can't build it. Is there a further restriction?

What are criteria for Venetian Arsenal placement. Have Industrial zone on coast, 1 or 2 undeveloped coast times by zone, but still can't build it. Is there a further restriction?
Not that i know of. Maybe share a screenshot showing your industrial zone and the coast tiles near the zone?

Curious, has culture fllipping of cities been removed from civ6? I never see it happen.
It has morphed, with Gathering Storm, into Loyalty. It's possible to exert Loyalty pressure on a neighboring city. That city will first revolt to become a Free City, which can be attacked by your troops without declaring war on the other civ. If you are exerting sufficient Loyalty pressure, the Free City may flip to your civ.

It was possible in Civ4 to do a "culture bomb" using a Great Artist, that sometimes flipped a city. In Civ3, if the AI forward-settled a little town near your empire, the human player could build cultural buildings in neighboring large cities to exert pressure, perhaps resulting in a flip. Civ3 allowed the player (or AI) to station lots of troops in a city, to resist flipping. I don't remember how it worked in Civ5.

Welcome to CivFanatics! :goodjob::woohoo::dance:[party]

For your question 2, please visit one of the Civ6 pages known as the "Gallery" https://forums.civfanatics.com/media/categories/civilization-vi-gallery.39/ for screen shots, game art, and other graphical items. Please remember to give credit to the creators, where it is listed.

For your question 1, please visit the forum for "Civ 6 Creation and Customization," especially this subforum where they offer tips and tutorial guides https://forums.civfanatics.com/forums/civ6-modding-tutorials-reference.555/
If you don't find a direct answer there, you may also post your question about replacing the voiceover audio files.
Thank you! I did not find such a topic on the forum, so I asked my question myself)
Regarding the first link - Valentine's cards are beautiful, I read a few to my fiancee with a translation)
I will learn in more detail later

Apparently if you buy the ships instead of producing them the Venitian Arsenal will not make a duplicate ship. It has happened to me last game, is it a bug?

Top Bottom