1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions and Answers

Quick Questions and Answers

1. BlackEmperor

BlackEmperor Chieftain

Yeah, I especially hate it when I get those convert/trade route kinds of quests when they're very far away, usually across the sea, making it difficult to do them, whereas another quest is just get an eureka moment or build a certain district.
    So, is the type of quest set when a new turn begins or does the, I'll call it "seed", change when you do actions like building something or moving a unit around?

2. Cerilis

Cerilis Stormrider

Do barbarians now spawn hordes of cavalry starting in turn 5 without there actually being horses around? <.<

3. moors

moors Warlord

Is it somehow possible to move envoys from one city state to another ?

Is it somehow possible to salvage envoys in a city state you want to declare war to ?

4. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

No, to both questions. Envoy assignments are permanent.

Although only tangentially related to your question, keep in mind that, as you get new envoys, you don't have to deploy them to CSs immediately (even though the game will prompt you to do so). If you anticipate DOWing a CS, rather than pointlessly deploying envoys there (or to some other CS where you are already suzerain and don't need to deploy more envoys), just bank away the envoys until you do have a CS you want to burn envoys on.

KyivanRusCivPlease likes this.
  5. moors

moors Warlord

Is forest or rainforest one a tile removed to yield the usual bonus when your settler settles on it, to the closest city that was there or to the new city ?

6. Browd

You get no "harvest" or "clearing" bonus (in any city) when you settle on woods or rain forest.

7. moors

moors Warlord

Is there such thing as a half adjacency bonus for districts ?
    If I build a Campus next to a Holy Site and a rainforest, and the Holy Site next to the campus and a woods, do they each get one adjacency bonus from that ?

8. Browd

No,they do not.

9. moors

moors Warlord

Is it better to hold over a promotion of a unit with full health until the unit gets damaged ?

10. moors

moors Warlord

What happens to trade route when city state is conquered / in war ?

11. BlackEmperor

BlackEmperor Chieftain

I don't think units gain any experience as long as they have a pending promotion, so you'd basically be wasting experience.

The trader should be transported back to its city of origin if you are at war with the city state and the trade route becomes free again.

12. moors

moors Warlord

Is there a minimum tile yield you happily work later in the game ?

13. essmene

essmene Warlord

How can I stop Steam from asking for the DirectX verion? (I am running Win 7 - so DX12/Win10 is out of question)

smvalentine likes this.
  14. LetMyPeopleGo

LetMyPeopleGo Prince

After researching Natural History I get some Antiquity Site on plots much needed for mines or farms, is there a way to clear the plot so it can be worked?

Playing as Greece requires me to build a theater square only on heals which might not be available at that stage and even if I decide to build the Acropolis on top of a much needed mine I still have to wait for a very long time till an Archaeologist will be available on site.

15. BlackEmperor

BlackEmperor Chieftain

If an AI has the Civilized Agenda (they hate barbarians), what exactly do they like? I noticed that Peter the Great, who has that agenda in my current game, dislikes me because I'm not fighting barbarians. The problem is that I've explored most of the map and several barbarian camps are on other continents. So do leaders with that agenda already hate you if you've discovered a single barbarian camp anywhere on the map and don't do anything about it? Or is there some max distance involved?

16. ShinigamiKenji

ShinigamiKenji King

Only with Archaeologists, I'm afraid. On the other hand, you can buy them with gold if you have plenty, to remove them from key areas.
    Destroying some camps and barbs might work. Honestly, I've never seen such sour reaction from them, but try to send some ships and a mounted unit to clear at least one camp.

17. LetMyPeopleGo

LetMyPeopleGo Prince

18. PYITE

PYITE Prince

If you see an apostle with level 2 upgrade, does that automatically mean that civ built Mt. St. Michel? Or is there another way for an apostle to get a second upgrade?

19. awetzel

awetzel Chieftain

I remember in Civ 5 the multiplayer AI was very lackluster curious if that is the same in Civ 6

20. Avance

Avance Chieftain

Hello,
    Can anyone specify when and in which cities a spy can be built ?
    Thanks.