1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Quick Questions and Answers

Quick Questions and Answers

1. ephistopheles

ephistopheles Chieftain

I don't know if I'm allowed to reply here. But I did make sure that what you wrote wasn't the case: Walls were still there (in fact, I tested shooting at the city aswell as not shooting at it and just sitting there); my units were adjacent to the city centre. I tried completely surrounding the city centre with units, just having one or two units adjacent to it etc etc. Basically, I tried everything. Sometimes the city centre just didn't fire.
    I don't want to get into too much detail since this is a "quick" questions thread but maybe this is a bug.

2. joncnunn

joncnunn Senior Java Wizard Moderator

The way the game shows that the walls fortification has been reduced to zero isn't by destroying the wall; instead a city that has walls normally has two bars instead of just one a city without walls has; with the top bar representing the fortification. But whenever it's bombarded / attacked some of the damage goes to the top bar; when that top bar disappears, it's fortification is down to zero and the city can no longer bombard.

3. ShinigamiKenji

ShinigamiKenji King

1. Modern Armor requires Uranium, while Helicopters don't need any resource at all. Apart from that, you stated the main differences in your question. Also, if you play Scythia, you still get double Helicopters due to the UA, but don't get double Modern Armors.

2. What matters isn't tourism per se, but accumulated tourism over time. In time, Rome should surpass America as tourism leader if you stripped them enough of Great Works (though America's UB will remain uite problematic). What really delays Cultural Victories is building up your own culture. Domestic tourists are based on your accumulated culture over time, and works as your buffer against rival tourism.

4. ephistopheles

ephistopheles Chieftain

Sorry, but I don't know why you keep telling me things that I already know (I'm playing on Immortal Difficulty btw). Anyway, I opened a thread on the Civ6 subreddit aswell and apparently, it is a real issue. Cities sometimes simply don't fire no matter what: Walls still exist, units adjacent to city centre - but no bombardment from the AI.

5. ShinigamiKenji

ShinigamiKenji King

I believe most of the time the AI only shoots from one city every turn. I had plenty of units in the range of 2 cities, yet they bombarded with only one.

6. BlackEmperor

BlackEmperor Chieftain

Will the same map seed with the exact same settings, leaders and possibly mods always result in the same game with the same starting positions?

7. Eliminator_Sr

Eliminator_Sr Prince

I'm running into an issue where the game keeps crashing on a specific turn. Is there any way to salvage the game by loading prior save files or should I just chalk this up as a lost game?

8. ShinigamiKenji

ShinigamiKenji King

You can try and reload it. Try to figure out if it's during the turn of a specific leader and see if you can influence the decision the AI makes (declaring or not a war, stealing a GP, etc).

9. rover6695

rover6695 Prince

Does it still make sense to play wide? How far apart should you place cities/how many should you find?
    I am used to Civ V; 3-4 cities 7 tiles apart.

10. ShinigamiKenji

ShinigamiKenji King

Yes, it does. But after the Factory nerf, there's a bit of discussion if it's better to settle in richer places or still packing them together regardless of water or terrain. People seem now to be placing cities more than 4 tiles apart if it's a better location. Here's the thread.

About number of cities, I'd say you're still fine with the old rule of "10 cities by turn 100", usually through conquest. Still, the more the better.

11. moors

moors Warlord

How to learn the difficulty level of a game ?

There is a single player game that I haven't been playing for a while. I'm almost double the score of my closest follower in 400 BC in the game and I consider starting a new game on an upper difficulty level but I can not learn what difficulty that game is on, therefore I do not know what difficulty I shall start the new game with.

How can I learn the difficulty level of this single player civ6 game ?

12. ShinigamiKenji

ShinigamiKenji King

Load the game and press Esc to open the menu. Below the options, there should be a number in a circle (besides your leader portrait). It corresponds to the difficulty level. The difficulties go from 1 (Settler) to 8 (Deity)

13. @Rob76

@Rob76 Chieftain

Can a human player get Zanzibar's Cinnamon and Coves luxuries by conquering the city state?

14. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

I do not believe so, since those luxuries are not on the map, but are created (as if from thin air) solely as a result of being their suzerain. But give it a try and report back. If it does work, many would like to know about it.

15. ShinigamiKenji

ShinigamiKenji King

Unless the UI is lying (again), the Zanzibar suzerain bonus says they "can't be obtained in any other way".

16. moors

moors Warlord

Thanks.

How to learn the map size of a game ?

17. BlackEmperor

BlackEmperor Chieftain

What rerolls a quest for city states? I noticed that sometimes, in one turn they offer one quest, in the turn after they offer another one, while sometimes the same quest is offered all the time.

18. ShinigamiKenji

ShinigamiKenji King

If the CS didn't have a quest (either because you completed it or went to war with it, directly or against its suzerain), it'll give a new one when you advance an era. If it already had a quest when you advance an era, it doesn't refresh.

19. BlackEmperor

BlackEmperor Chieftain

Yes, I'm aware of that, what I meant was the type of quest. E.g. getting a quest to make a trade route when meeting it for the first time, then reloading a previous save, waiting a turn, and then meeting it and getting a different one. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, so I wanted to know if you can affect it other than trying to reload.

20. ShinigamiKenji

ShinigamiKenji King

AFAIK, they're pretty random. Of course, if you already sent them a trade route, converted them or got every eureka/inspiration, they won't demand those quests anymore, but that might be a little impractical when you just met them.