Why my Mineas Geras no longuer have a range of 3?
I was bombarding a city than without any explication, my Brazilian battleships were no longer in range?
Is it the anti-air gun?
Most likely you lost vision on the city you were bombarding, i.e. a unit that is within 2 tiles of it if there are no hills/forest.

Why can I plant woods on some hills but not others?

The civilpedia is real lacking here, as it doesn't give any information. Does the tile have to be a certain appeal level to plant woods?

I just found out this week about the six tile "regional effects" for Industrial Districts and Entertainment Districts. Is there some documentation I'm missing? the only way I found about it was to search here in this forum! I can't find anything about it in the the game (in the Civilopedia).

I'm pretty sure it is located somewhere. And there is a great person who can expand that 6 tile radius. And of course Toronto's suzerain bonus. I'll look for it when I boot up the game, and print it here if I find it.

edit: While the description is not under industrial zone (which it shouldn't be since IZ bonuses don't got 6 tiles), it is under factory and power plant (which can be clicked on in the industrial zone description). Same goes for Zoo and Stadium. Only these 4 buildings extend 6 tiles (and Japan's electronics factory).

Last edited:
Hi, sorry if this is a very basic question... I am playing vanilla (no choice), and want to see what my current deals are and how long they have to go (NOT trade deals, the deals with the AI e.g. friendship or luxuries). I can't seem to find where to see what deals I have and how long they have to go.
Is there a place to see this please?

None as of right now.

Hopefully gets implemented in a future patch or the next expansion.

1) How can you tell how much housing your city has and needs?
2) How can you tell how many amenities your city has/needs?

1) How can you tell how much housing your city has and needs?
2) How can you tell how many amenities your city has/needs?

Click on the reports button at the top of the screen and select City Status for a quick run-down of which cities are amenities or housing constrained.

To see individual city details (what amenities and housing sources they have), click on the city banner and then select the Toggle City Details button on the top left of the city action box (lower right of the screen) to display a city details panel (far left of the screen).

Well of souls is not updated since a while, where to find please an up to date site which has all the infos updated ?

Thx in advance

Why can I plant woods on some hills but not others?

The civilpedia is real lacking here, as it doesn't give any information. Does the tile have to be a certain appeal level to plant woods?

You can't plant woods if an undiscovered resource is going to pop on that tile.

Question: do resources hidden beneath cities and/or districts count towards the hansa bonus?

edit: nm, I believe they do, and had a doh moment as I just figured out where a hansa's second +1 was coming from... only took me 100 turns! Woot!

Question: after they nerfed factories a long ways back, did it become city gets prod from local factory + 1 other regional factory, or 1 factory period?

Question: after they nerfed factories a long ways back, did it become city gets prod from local factory + 1 other regional factory, or 1 factory period?
Still just 1 factory & 1 power plant

As Kongo...
1) To get the free Apostle for creating the Unique Kongo building (replaces Neighbourhood) or Theatre District do you need to have a majority religion (e.g. 5/8 population on that religion) or can you have as little as 1 population (using the same example - so 1/8 following a religion) for it to appear?
2) If I have already built the UB for Kongo or the Theatre District but but don't have a majority religion but eventually do.. will an Apostle appear once I have a majority religion or have I missed the boat?
2) If I kill a civilization who has formed a religion and it's starting to spread to my cities - does that religion die completely? Is it instant?
3) Let's say one of my cities now has majority religion (e.g. 5/8 pop following that religion) AND I kill the Civ that's holy city had that religion - will my cities still follow that religion? Or is it gone forever?

I cannot answer your first two questions as I've never played Kongo, but a religion is not tied to a civilization and simply remains. Of course, if no one builds missionaries of apostles belonging to the religion, it will barely spread and most likely get "conquered" by other religions. The holy city of a religion is permanent (though you might be able to raze it; I'm not sure about that), but only the original founder of the religion can win a religious victory (if the civilization still exists).

As Kongo...
1) To get the free Apostle for creating the Unique Kongo building (replaces Neighbourhood) or Theatre District do you need to have a majority religion (e.g. 5/8 population on that religion) or can you have as little as 1 population (using the same example - so 1/8 following a religion) for it to appear?
2) If I have already built the UB for Kongo or the Theatre District but but don't have a majority religion but eventually do.. will an Apostle appear once I have a majority religion or have I missed the boat?
2) If I kill a civilization who has formed a religion and it's starting to spread to my cities - does that religion die completely? Is it instant?
3) Let's say one of my cities now has majority religion (e.g. 5/8 pop following that religion) AND I kill the Civ that's holy city had that religion - will my cities still follow that religion? Or is it gone forever?

On 1, you need a majority religion in that city to get a free Apostle. On 2, you get no retroactive Apostles -- you must have a majority religion in that city when you complete the Mbanza or Theater Square.

On 3, the religion persists even if the holy city has been conquered (or converted to another religion) or the Civ that founded hat religion has been eliminated.

Top Bottom